Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

which element is kept during a Valence Fusion?

JeyciKon

Question

when doing a Valence Fusion on 2 kuva weapons with different element bonuses, which element is kept? someone tried it?

is it the one from the weapon i press fusion from or is it from the weapon with the highest damage?

Edited by JeyciKon

12 answers to this question

Unfortunately it seems like its not working properly atm. Ive transferred a shock brakk to a cold brakk and it's kept the cold on the one I started from but I've also transferred an Impact kohm into a Heat kohm and it replaced the heat with impact even tho I started on the Heat Kohm. So in one instance it kept the element of the weapon I started on and in another it replaced the element I started on and the only reason I can think of why is because in both cases the element that was kept was already stronger/higher than the element that was replaced or disappeared. Clearly this seems to not be how it was intended to work.

Also should state that that before the changes if you transferred one with forma and a potato on it into another one it would transfer the forma and potato however this also doesn't happen anymore. Before the changes I transferred a 5 forma Heat kohm into the Impact kohm and it transferred to forma and all over to the Impact Kohm. After the changes I transferred the Impact kohm into the Heat kohm and lost all the forma and potato.

Edited by Gravalite

17 minutes ago, JeyciKon said:

when doing a Valence Fusion on 2 kuva weapons with different element bonuses, which element is kept? someone tried it?

is it the one from the weapon i press fusion from or is it from the weapon with the highest damage?

On 2020-02-05 at 5:58 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Empyrean: Kuva Lich Changes 27.1.0

*PS: It matters which order you Valence Fuse them in. The weapon that you START from, the one where you click "Actions", is the one that will be kept with its investments.

I know this quote stopped me from doing a valance fuse with two weapons until it's clarified. I'd hate to stuff it up by using the unworked one to get it's element and lose all the work put into the other one.

To sum it up from what I've read it seems to be the one you start from, the one where you click "Actions"

Edited by Slayer-.
some to sum

3 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I know this quote stopped me from doing a valance fuse with two weapons until it's clarified. I'd hate to stuff it up by using the unworked one to get it's element and lose all the work put into the other one.

To some it up from what I've read it seem to be the one you start from, the one where you click "Actions"

thats what i thought too, but it never refers what element is kept, only investments, and then i read in the wiki: 

A feature unique to Kuva Lich weapons. Players can upgrade and replace a Kuva weapon’s innate damage bonus with one from another Kuva weapon. This process destroys the donor weapon and overrides the host Kuva weapon's element while retaining any applied Formas, Orokin Catalyst, Focus Lens, Mod configurations, Appearance configuration, Lich name, etc.

For example, KuvaSeer Kuva Seer A has 25% Cold b Cold bonus and a Catalyst installed, while Kuva Seer B has 43%Heat b Heat bonus. Fusing B to A will override the Cold b Cold from A with the Heat b Heat buff from B, while A will retain the installed Catalyst, and B will be destroyed. The % bonus will be the highest of the 2 weapons multiplied by 1.1 and rounded to the nearest whole number, which would make the final bonus 47% Heat b Heat.

so now im looking for a confirmation.

39 minutes ago, Gravalite said:

Unfortunately it seems like its not working properly atm. Ive transferred a shock brakk to a cold brakk and it's kept the cold on the one I started from but I've also transferred an Impact kohm into a Heat kohm and it replaced the heat with impact even tho I started on the Heat Kohm. So in one instance it kept the element of the weapon I started on and in another it replaced the element I started on and the only reason I can think of why is because in both cases the element that was kept was already stronger/higher than the element that was replaced or disappeared. Clearly this seems to not be how it was intended to work.

Also should state that that before the changes if you transferred one with forma and a potato on it into another one it would transfer the forma and potato however this also doesn't happen anymore. Before the changes I transferred a 5 forma Heat kohm into the Impact kohm and it transferred to forma and all over to the Impact Kohm. After the changes I transferred the Impact kohm into the Heat kohm and lost all the forma and potato.

ok, so i guess the wiki is correct, the element from the strongest is the one kept. thank you

Edited by JeyciKon

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

That is not what happened in my transfer.  I added a 34% electric ayanga into a 41% toxic ayanga and now I have a 45% electric one.

are you sure? if so then this is all bugged and it just chooses a random one.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

That is not what happened in my transfer.  I added a 34% electric ayanga into a 41% toxic ayanga and now I have a 45% electric one.

Then why did you confirm the transfer? If it truly indicated something different than what you got, you should contact support. But for me, with 3 different weapons now, what it stated I would get has been correct.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Yes, I'm sure.  Luckily I didn't mind the swap from toxic to electric in this case but there are other weapons where this bug (and it probably is a bug) would have really annoyed me.

ok, thank you, i guess ill just send this for bug report, this gotta be either fixed or explained if not bugged.

Edited by JeyciKon

1 hour ago, JeyciKon said:

i guess ill just send this for bug report, this gotta be either fixed or explained if not bugged.

If you care enough to open a bug report here are some supporting images.  The orginal toxic, the second electric and the combined result that retained the name of the toxic lich plus the catalyst and gravimag that were installed but changed to 45% electricity.