Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth and sentinel incompatibility

HollowVRC

Try Dethcube with Assault mode and Vaporize. Then Hush on the Deth Machine Rifle.

I had mine Dethcube prime with this set and sometime it borther a lot when you want to stealth kill (I'm running prowl with Ivara), the sentinel will kill the enemy before you can reach. But sometimes it won't do a thing. My experience is the more aggressive on killing, more active the sentinel kills.

Edited by Fytemos
  • Like 1

Yeah I see your point but without sentinel mod rivens I cannot see sentinels and their weapons actually being powerful enough to kill even mid level enemies unless you have a sentinel riven mod specifically for it. I'm more just wanting Dethcube's abilities to be useful on stealth frames.

I didn't use riven on my dethcube rifle, just normal mod will kill (max out serration, split chamber and etc, just mod like you mod your rifle).

With Dethcube vaporize, my sentinel can one shot lvl 50-60 (if i not mistaken). When normal fire, it still will kill just take few seconds to finish off a enemy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fytemos said:

I didn't use riven on my dethcube rifle, just normal mod will kill (max out serration, split chamber and etc, just mod like you mod your rifle).

With Dethcube vaporize, my sentinel can one shot lvl 50-60 (if i not mistaken). When normal fire, it still will kill just take few seconds to finish off a enemy.

Interesting, I personally just use the rifle for proccing energy genrerator and a stat stick for vigilante set. Vile Acceleration, Speed Trigger, Vigilante Fervor, Shred, Vigilante Offense, Vigilante Armaments, Vigilante Supplies, and Primed Fast Hands.

13 minutes ago, Fytemos said:

This is my footage on the sentinel kills when stealth, also the build is at the end of the video.

https://youtu.be/wn4R4qTxWfk

It's only work with Detchcube, other sentinels with assault mode will not do anything when stealth

Hmm I cannot get this to work. could you try it with Dethcube's dethmachine rifle? Thank you for the replies btw, much appreciated.

Edited by Psychloaked

1 hour ago, Fytemos said:

This is my footage on the sentinel kills when stealth, also the build is at the end of the video.

https://youtu.be/wn4R4qTxWfk

It's only work with Detchcube, other sentinels with assault mode will not do anything when stealth

So I have since figured out what is happening, you were using a mod called vaporize and I was using assault mode. For whatever reason assault mode doesn't work while you're invisible but vaporize does. However vaporize has a 10 second cooldown and there is no changing this no matter what you do. So, at least I have figured out a way with your help to at least still have the ability to benefit from dethcube. Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

but it would be nice if prisma shade and huras kubrow got buffed to have more reliable cloaking. Hopefully with companions 2.0

Literally all they need is a retarded cooldown activation(meaning no cooldown unless the ability has been active for 2 seconds or so), so all those instances of them wasting their abilities on enemies you run past or kill in a split second are no more.

I've always said precept reliability was as big of a reason as laziness when it came to univac, and why some of them have moved on to push for uniscan. Investigate and vacuum have always been abilities that are active 100% of the time and work without needing some criteria fulfilled that players cant really control well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

If I go full stealth, for a riven challenge or whatever, I go without a companion or sentinel. Cant worry about something that isn't there!

I'd say just disarm a sentinel. Remove all weapons and combat precepts. That way you can still benefit from all the utility functions.

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

If I go full stealth, for a riven challenge or whatever, I go without a companion or sentinel. Cant worry about something that isn't there!

but it would be nice if prisma shade and huras kubrow got buffed to have more reliable cloaking. Hopefully with companions 2.0

3 hours ago, Corvid said:

I'd say just disarm a sentinel. Remove all weapons and combat precepts. That way you can still benefit from all the utility functions.

These things you both mentioned isn't much of a problem for Ivara in Prowl.  There are a couple of exceptions though.  Pets (Kubrows and Kavats) can sometimes alert Synthesis targets by attacking them which I usually workaround by scanning the target from range before pet can aggro on it.  

Then there is the Vasca Kavat.   This damn thing is so aggressive and targets stuff from so far away that I just gave up on using it for anything stealth related even with Ivara.  

edit: I haven't built any of the Moas to know how they behave in regards to stealth.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

I used Shade (without weapons) for a while but it would cloak/uncloak me too randomly to be reallu effective....

Plus, the fact that they float above your head even when crouched make youeven more noticeable...

I stopped waiting for any sentinel stealth rework completely,after that many years.

11 hours ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

I honestly just unequip the sentinel weapon and only make use of its utility abilities.

No need to unequip the weapon, just don't equip any attack precept on the sentinel. Set bonuses from the weapon apply for your whole loadout, so it's useful to just slap unranked versions of as many set mods as possible on the weapon in that setup.