Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change in thrall spawn rate?

White_Matter

Or did I miss that in the patch notes ?

Thralls seem to spawn much less, which results in a slower progression towards angering your Lich which results in less Lich spawns.

Which equals to longer murmur grind.

I've asked around in game and some people seem to have agreed. Can anyone else confirm this ?

I'm nearing the 5 hour mark for my first spawned lich after the update, and I'm already regretting going back to Liches.

• Like 1

I've experienced both reduced and increased thrall spawns. Something since the last patch seems wonky in general regarding spawns as a whole. At times when running an exterminate I run out of mobs, then they start to periodically spawn in around me one at a time in the room. May effect thrall spawn behavior too.

Could have something to do with the new behavior they added, where mobs dont notice you for a few seconds.

Had a crazy run in with my previous lich, thralls spawned in like crazy when he was active, far more spawns than they usually bring and far more frequent. Gonna spawn a new one today and see how it turns out.

Can't say I've noticed this BUT the poor spawning of the Larvlings is for another thread 😡 Five missions on Sedna got the red screenie thingy but no Larvling spawned - and I didn't rush through the missions either...

Edited by Strontium-Dog
spelling

2 minutes ago, Strontium-Dog said:

Can't say I've noticed this BUT the poor spawning of the Larvlings is for another thread 😡 Five missions on Sedan got the red scrrenie thingy but no Lavling spawned - and I din't rush through the missions either...

I got a Lich every mission on Cassini with (Maim)-Equinox

Just now, Strontium-Dog said:

Can't say I've noticed this BUT the poor spawning of the Larvlings is for another thread 😡 Five missions on Sedna got the red screenie thingy but no Larvling spawned - and I din't rush through the missions either...

I find the easiest mission to farm for a larva to be Cassini on Saturn.
Every single mission I ran (solo) resulted in a larva spawn around the time I captured the target of the mission.

21 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Thralls seem to spawn much less, which results in a slower progression towards angering your Lich which results in less Lich spawns.

I noticed that too the last two days.
Also maybe my rng but they barely give relics anymore.Before it was an abundance, now it's about 0.5 relics per mission.

34 minutes ago, Strontium-Dog said:

Can't say I've noticed this BUT the poor spawning of the Larvlings is for another thread 😡 Five missions on Sedna got the red screenie thingy but no Larvling spawned - and I didn't rush through the missions either...

I suspect the old glitch that was going on when the Kingpin system was first introduced has reared its ugly head:  some warframes will cause the Larvling not to spawn, but will have the flashing light indicator that it should be. 

Loki Prime from my arsenal does not spawn the larvling no matter the circumstances.  

1 hour ago, MBaldelli said:

Loki Prime from my arsenal does not spawn the larvling no matter the circumstances.  

I use my Loki Prime all the time. Like someone above said, I use Cassini on Saturn. Race to the capture, then fight to the end, or until the larvling spawns. I've only had once instance which the larvling didn't spawn, and that was with my Valkyr Prime; the next mission it spawned as usual.

1 hour ago, NuclearToast451 said:

I use my Loki Prime all the time. Like someone above said, I use Cassini on Saturn. Race to the capture, then fight to the end, or until the larvling spawns. I've only had once instance which the larvling didn't spawn, and that was with my Valkyr Prime; the next mission it spawned as usual.

My apologies that I didn't make it clear...  This is not warframe oriented, this is (most probably) Account oriented, as discussed here:  

As I said: 

Check through your Warframes...  I've been testing with my account on solo on Adaro...  They do not spawn when I'm running with Nidus and Loki Prime.  But showed up on time when running the same mission with Excalibur Umbra and Equinox.  I might have to test on all my Warframes to see if it's something about my account or whether it's just the Warframes themselves.  

My friend and I went doing solo missions (on Adaro, Sedna) and it's completely arbitrary what frames will and will not spawn the larvling.  What worked for me, did not work for my friend.  Because this is a squad/co-op game DE might have glazed over this issue ensuring that because it's random per account, that 4 people will probably not run into the same problems as a solo player will.  

So the bottom line is that you need to try all the warframes in your arsenal until DE addresses this spaghetti-coding issue.