Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Nukor will be nerfed. Place your bets on how long till it happens

Jarriaga

1 minute ago, M3JA said:

If DE nerfes the riven for it, then I don't care about that, as long as they don't nerf the actual gun it self. The gun works fine without a riven, and once people see that, they jack up the price of the rivens, so its partly the players fault on one hand for nerfs. But as I said, as long as the gun it self doesn't get nerfed, it will be ok, as for the riven, that I don't care if it gets nerfed

DE don't base nerfs off the price of rivens so far as I'm aware, and the weapon is full well strong enough on its own to warrant a nerf entirely.

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

DE don't base nerfs off the price of rivens so far as I'm aware, and the weapon is full well strong enough on its own to warrant a nerf entirely.

If DE keeps nerfing everything, then what is the point of endgame? Might as well cap off everything at level 150 and be done with it

2 hours ago, M3JA said:

If DE keeps nerfing everything, then what is the point of endgame? Might as well cap off everything at level 150 and be done with it

The point it always has had, to test you at the highest levels of gameplay/progression and otherwise provide challenge, without balance endgame doesn't exist and that means making sure tools stay in line and randomly over powered tools don't just get to exist outside the boundaries. 

But on the comment of DE keeping to nerfing things, first this is a live service game and it will always need balance management as it will we always have new balance aspects introduced to it until they day it dies, secondly  DE hardly nerfs anything ever and that has become a sincere problem for this game, they could do with more attention to this games balance, not less. Melee 3.0 was a marvel of an update that brought life to near the entire melee category and involved blanket nerfs to the highest power levels to achieve, we need more of that.  

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PS4)AllOrNothinDays:

I'd expect people to get 5 forma back for it and nothing less seeing as they've decided to up the grind and require you forma it that many times to get the mastery for it, otherwise they should be called out on it if that does indeed happen.

the other question is: why this hype? there is no official response or what ever... there is no point to cry...

i see this topic as a warning for new players. weapon is hyped and they will be very disappointed. without very expensive riven this secondary is nothing special.

there are already very good aoe weapons that will kill much faster lvl <80 enemies. and mele beats this weapons with eyes closed. there are very old videos on youtube where everybody can see how to kill big group lvl 150 bombards with mele in 2-3 sec... and in party you will get buffs and auras and you dont need this weapon anyway.

42 minutes ago, fuffi2milka said:

the other question is: why this hype? there is no official response or what ever... there is no point to cry...

i see this topic as a warning for new players. weapon is hyped and they will be very disappointed. without very expensive riven this secondary is nothing special.

there are already very good aoe weapons that will kill much faster lvl <80 enemies. and mele beats this weapons with eyes closed. there are very old videos on youtube where everybody can see how to kill big group lvl 150 bombards with mele in 2-3 sec... and in party you will get buffs and auras and you dont need this weapon anyway.

It is still a very good ranged weapon when needed. Eats through bubbles and armored units like a hot knife through butter and it links. It is very useful without a riven with a corrosive+heat setup thanks to the 100% status. It outshines Amprex, so if someone enjoys the amprex style it is a great secondary choice that lets you use whatever primary you see fit aswell while keeping the AoE range clearing. It is like a souped up Gaze since it doesnt suffer from "falloff" damage on links while retaining the long beam range.

Even with just 20% crit chances when modded it still makes great use of it's modded 10x crit damage.

edit: Plus it more or less has guaranteed CC if you slap the primed heat mod on it.

Edited by SneakyErvin

8 часов назад, SneakyErvin сказал:

It is still a very good ranged weapon when needed. Eats through bubbles and armored units like a hot knife through butter and it links. It is very useful without a riven with a corrosive+heat setup thanks to the 100% status. It outshines Amprex, so if someone enjoys the amprex style it is a great secondary choice that lets you use whatever primary you see fit aswell while keeping the AoE range clearing. It is like a souped up Gaze since it doesnt suffer from "falloff" damage on links while retaining the long beam range.

Even with just 20% crit chances when modded it still makes great use of it's modded 10x crit damage.

edit: Plus it more or less has guaranteed CC if you slap the primed heat mod on it.

20% with x10 is technicaly the same as 100% crit and x2. Which is super easy on things like gaze. Sooo....maybe people should stop fapping on “on so big number woooow this crit multy”. 

10 hours ago, Cubewano said:

The point it always has had, to test you at the highest levels of gameplay/progression and otherwise provide challenge, without balance endgame doesn't exist and that means making sure tools stay in line and randomly over powered tools don't just get to exist outside the boundaries. 

But on the comment of DE keeping to nerfing things, first this is a live service game and it will always need balance management as it will we always have new balance aspects introduced to it until they day it dies, secondly  DE hardly nerfs anything ever and that has become a sincere problem for this game, they could do with more attention to this games balance, not less. Melee 3.0 was a marvel of an update that brought life to near the entire melee category and involved blanket nerfs to the highest power levels to achieve, we need more of that.  

And we need buffs for the lame weapons, some are just other garbage

Kuva Bramma will be faster nerfed than Nukor tbh.

Which is a shame this bow is really fun aswell , but there is no way DE will leave it as it is and not nerf it. :<

Its like if oldschool pre-nerf Tonkor and Zarr had a baby.

Edited by Lythael

5 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

20% with x10 is technicaly the same as 100% crit and x2. Which is super easy on things like gaze. Sooo....maybe people should stop fapping on “on so big number woooow this crit multy”. 

Yeah but it is done the correct way since it keeps the theme of the gun, which is low crit chance but high crit damage. At the core it is a status gun with long range while atomos is the short ranged higher crit hybrid option. Gaze is the single taget high crit, long range, low status option due to the lowest possible link damage of the 3.

edit: Also to clarify, I did not mean critical chance with the "CC" in the edit of my previous post, I ment near guaranteed Crowd Control.

Edited by SneakyErvin

On 2020-02-06 at 5:16 PM, lukinu_u said:

So what I'm saying is OP stuff is a bit of fun at the begining, but a balanced game is way better for everyone on the long term, even if some people like feeling "strong".

I think what many players, and DE included, need to understand is. You can have a balanced game, where everything is viable and fun to use, while also having a powerful experience. I think Star Wars The Force Unleashed I & II are great examples of this. Similarly with the Prototype games.  If players want a power trip, have level ~50 stay as it is. Then when you get past 70 it gets a bit harder, around 100 you need teamwork. Then "raid level" would be 120-125, requiring top of the line gear/builds/understanding/skill. Basically the same formula most MMORPG's use, however tweaking it to work with Warframe in mind. 

The issue is, players are addicted to their powercreep, not realizing it trivializes content and every new weapon/frame we get that follows this system, is just self-destructive. Kuva Nukor outclasses so many secondaries, why do you need accuracy when it can melt everything on par with the ignis?  In a game about efficiency it's hard to have fun at times when you know that you're using something else inferior, even if that superior thing isn't fun (I.E.Saryn, Ignis). Sure it might be satisfying to kill a screen of enemies with a push of a button, but it isn't fun to play with (at least if you want to play) and it isn't great for balance. Because then everything in the future has to one-up the meta level stuff, otherwise it's basically DOA. 

But like I've said before, DE can appeal to those who like the power fantasy (jedi killing stormtroopers) but also appeal to those who like a challenge (jedi vs sith). It will just take them paying attention and actually caring about balance, rather than just messing with random integers and saying "there, I did something!".

• Like 1

I renamed it "Atomos 2.0".

Took it in an infested survival arbitration with mesa yesterday. With mesa buff, it was killing 170+ lvl mobs like there's no tomorrow. I had to leave before 200lvl mobs cause rl sht.

Idk why ppl are saying that it just chains to 4 mobs. With multishot, it wipes the hole room no matter how manny there are.

/Foo

15 hours ago, M3JA said:

And we need buffs for the lame weapons, some are just other garbage

That is equally true, but that does not negate the necessity of keeping things that over preform in line as well. Balance is a tight rope walk and you must be careful not to lean too far one way or the other, nor can you only abide by one direction alone. 

2 hours ago, Cubewano said:

That is equally true, but that does not negate the necessity of keeping things that over preform in line as well. Balance is a tight rope walk and you must be careful not to lean too far one way or the other, nor can you only abide by one direction alone. 

One thing that DE could do (which I've suggested before) is instead of rivens being a straight damage upgrade, have them add new mechanics to older underused weapons. Like an alt-fire or firing different projectiles or perhaps changing the base damage of a weapon (say from magnetic to toxin for example). 

• Like 2

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Jivy:

its not going to get nerfed infact it should be buffed

yes. it needs buff. but they should weak crit riven. because only riven make it good and to many players will get this weapon.

my amprex kills much faster and bramma shows how good damage should look like.

Edited by fuffi2milka

18 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

I think what many players, and DE included, need to understand is. You can have a balanced game, where everything is viable and fun to use, while also having a powerful experience. I think Star Wars The Force Unleashed I & II are great examples of this. Similarly with the Prototype games.  If players want a power trip, have level ~50 stay as it is. Then when you get past 70 it gets a bit harder, around 100 you need teamwork. Then "raid level" would be 120-125, requiring top of the line gear/builds/understanding/skill. Basically the same formula most MMORPG's use, however tweaking it to work with Warframe in mind. 

The issue is, players are addicted to their powercreep, not realizing it trivializes content and every new weapon/frame we get that follows this system, is just self-destructive. Kuva Nukor outclasses so many secondaries, why do you need accuracy when it can melt everything on par with the ignis?  In a game about efficiency it's hard to have fun at times when you know that you're using something else inferior, even if that superior thing isn't fun (I.E.Saryn, Ignis). Sure it might be satisfying to kill a screen of enemies with a push of a button, but it isn't fun to play with (at least if you want to play) and it isn't great for balance. Because then everything in the future has to one-up the meta level stuff, otherwise it's basically DOA. 

But like I've said before, DE can appeal to those who like the power fantasy (jedi killing stormtroopers) but also appeal to those who like a challenge (jedi vs sith). It will just take them paying attention and actually caring about balance, rather than just messing with random integers and saying "there, I did something!".

Or you could play an actual mmo. You can coordinate pee streams and orbit your healer mom all day without robbing the rest of us of the power fantasy