Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva lich grind

Dark5eiD

Just an idea. What if when you get a lich and you already have his weapon or ephemora there could be an option to fight the lich at its highest level until you beat him so you can move onto finding what you need instead of repeating the grind for no good reason.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dark5eiD said:

What if when you get a lich and you already have his weapon

How you can get lich with weapon you dont want, when you can literally CHOOSE (by checking the larva/aborting mission) what weapon you want to grind for.

question mark wtf GIF

1 hour ago, Asphyxxia said:

patch notes smh

It's not really fair to blame players because DE fails to add tutorials and require you to read patch notes/wiki/Discord to get your information. It's easy to miss if you stab the Larvling right after downing it with no prior knowledge that you can wait a second and see the weapon the Lich will have.

Edited by Voltage

15 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It's not really fair to blame players because DE fails to add tutorials and require you to read patch notes/wiki/Discord to get your information. It's easy to miss if you stab the Larvling right after downing it with no prior knowledge that you can wait a second and see the weapon the Lich will have.

i would agree but didnt meet a game where i would not search info about some aspect of it on google anyway

on other hand imagine if patch notes would be sent to us as in game message like lets say notification about riven disposition changes
how many ppl even bother to read that

and now add on top of that how crappy updates we get most of the time and then just think about someone taking extra time to make in game tutorial for new/changed features and wonder how then updates would look 😉

31 minutes ago, Voltage said:

And I just mentioned this in my previous thread and someone came in to derail it. I said the same exact thing. I even proposed to pay the Lich off 1 millions credits to move on to the next one after accidentally stabbing the Larvling before checking the weapon it had. 

15 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

i would agree but didnt meet a game where i would not search info about some aspect of it on google anyway

on other hand imagine if patch notes would be sent to us as in game message like lets say notification about riven disposition changes
how many ppl even bother to read that

and now add on top of that how crappy updates we get most of the time and then just think about someone taking extra time to make in game tutorial for new/changed features and wonder how then updates would look 😉

Back in the day we played games without being able to look things up on the internet. That just wasn't a thing. They used to sell walk through magazines that you could buy. Not everyone researches the internet before and while playing a game. 

Just now, Voltage said:

It's easy to miss if you stab the Larvling right after downing it with no prior knowledge that you can wait a second and see the weapon the Lich will have.

I agree with this: that there's still room for it to be implemented better. And gawd knows there's plenty of room for DE to improve their documentation.   But...

Just now, Voltage said:

It's not really fair to blame players because DE fails to add tutorials and require you to read patch notes/wiki/Discord to get your information.

...I'm just trying to imagine a universe where DE had to produce and update tutorials for every new feature or major revision.  How quickly and how often would we get updates?  How  would it change their FTP model? 😜

I mean, it is particularly funny in DE's case, but I think the same thought experiment could be applied to most game developers with amusing results.  It's not quite, "I expect a new illustrated booklet to come out every time a modern, large scale online game gets updated!" but it's not that far off.

3 hours ago, da_blok_is_hot said:

Back in the day we played games without being able to look things up on the internet. That just wasn't a thing. They used to sell walk through magazines that you could buy. Not everyone researches the internet before and while playing a game. 

yeah i also miss stone age

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

I havent played a single online game in the last 20 years where I've had tutorials on new features that were aimed for endgame ready people. It has always been a patch notes thing, so I dont really see why DE should act differently.

It is the first lesson of online gaming 101. Read patch notes.