Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich fix

DarkMagician19

Devs really need to add an option to dismiss the current Kuva Lich. I just started playing gain and idk how I ended up with this thing. I looked it up checked out the others and my current lich is a POS. The unreal grind and headache involved with the lich just isn't worth it not for the weak ass lich I have after me. I honestly don't see why anyone should be forced to go through the agravating long grind for a useless lich. I'm still getting use to the game and I'm way to weak to even get past the first lich objective. I'm not complaining I just don't see any point in doing the grind for my current  lich. A simple option to dismiss the current Lich would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

It doesn't seem like you want a discussion so this should belong in Feedback.  It's not likely DE will introduce a means to dismiss a Lich any time soon since they abandon the existing plans in lieu of allowing people full control over A) if a Lich is created at all, and B) what the Lich will have once created.

You could just ask someone to help you in killing the Lich, it's not even that much of a time commitment unless you also don't have the requiem mods.

• Like 2

In an effort to approach this constructively, here are some suggestions I would make to DE about how they could improve this. To preface why this implementation would be so useful, consider how long the grind is for this new system. It takes about 2 hours from start to finish to grind through the murmurs and get the correct order and finish off a lich. Add to that the time spent trying to get the larvling you want and radsharing relics to get the mods you need (assuming you don't just shell out the plat for either). Multiply that by the currently 16 kuva weapons and that's upwards of 32 hours just to get one each of the new weapons sans duplicates for valence fusion. Accidentally mercying a larvling you didn't want adds another 2+ hours to that grind. That being said, here are my suggestions.

A. Change the mercy button when using it on larvlings. With how integral mercies are to the kuva lich system (killing the thralls and the lich) you are conditioned to spam it asap on a downed enemy, with restraint shown only occasionally for the lichs themselves, and even that in the form of avoiding approaching them rather than walking up to them and deciding not to do a mercy. Jumping the gun on a larvling becomes almost inevitable the longer you farm it trying to get the weapon you want.

B. Add a confirmation prompt, where you decide if you do want to assassinate it or leave it to despawn. 

C. Force decision on the larvling as soon as it's downed. Instead of downing it and waiting for the player to walk up to it and decide, force the player to decide once it is downed. This could even include a decision mechanic mirroring that at the end of the lich farming process.

Without needing to actually abandon a lich, any of these implementations would be seconds of time spent to save hours of grind in a system that promises plenty of time investment as it is.

Edited by baoyouming
Additional detail about lich mercy

Agree on all accounts with baoyouming. 
It happens to me sooo often that I kill a larvling just out of pure automation without having any chance of checking the weapon or having a decision. What do you expect after dozens of missions with downing thralls?! This reflex can’t be just switched off. 

For me, the recent changes didn’t help a bit when it comes to getting the weapons I need and it is really frustrating, so that I will just abandon the whole system again after giving it a second chance. 

It is just ridiculous that Warframe does not save most of the really meaningful stats of a round when the game happens to crash - BUT it perfectly and instantly saves a **** downed larvling and generates the Lich instantly without even a simple option to ragequit. 

Seriously. The system is broken so give at least some room for the player to correct it themselves. 
I would be already happy if they start generating lichs AFTER the successful finish of the mission. 

Edited by -VS-AtLasVegas

I've run 18 total Lich's. I accidentally knifed a Larvling without checking the weapon first on my 5th run while talking to a buddy about the game's recent update. I got my 4th Brakk and just quit running Lich missions all together. F that. I can't be bothered to grind that out again for a weapon that I have absolutely no use for being that it is my 4th Brakk out of 18 Lich's. I wont touch Lich's again until there is a proper fix.