Jump to content
Alexis_Walker

Sinister Reach and Ruinous Extension are not exilus mods.

Recommended Posts

they literally only do one thing. increase the range of beam weapons. they dont affect damage. they should be exilus mods. also, Ruinous Extension still doesnt work on the Gaze kitguns. that needs to be fixed too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing this was designed with the potential for melee to get Exilus in mind and have consistency that "Weapon Range" is not be eligible (beams, melee, etc).

Edited by Voltage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sinister Reach would increase the DPS of the Ignis(Wraith) since it would allow you to hit more targets at once, which is the main strength of the weapon in the first place, which is probably the main reason that one is not a Exilus Mod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weapon exilus is a poorly thought out system. Projectile speed mods do the exact same thing for weapons with short fall off ranges and are exilus mods while beam range is not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Weapon exilus is a poorly thought out system. Projectile speed mods do the exact same thing for weapons with short fall off ranges and are exilus mods while beam range is not.

 

This.

But I'd rather see arcanes for all weapons, not just kitguns/zaws/whatever they'll name their primary version of that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I'm guessing this was designed with the potential for melee to get Exilus in mind and have consistency that "Weapon Range" is not be eligible (beams, melee, etc).

Sadly, that consistency is pretty inconsistent: the Eagle Eye mod (Primary) can be put in the Exilus slot while the Secondary variant, the Hawk Eye mod, however, cannot be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KaijuKraid said:

Sinister Reach would increase the DPS of the Ignis(Wraith) since it would allow you to hit more targets at once

But the same is already true for +Flight Speed Mods and "wave" guns like Catchmoon & co,
also Shotgun etc falloff ranges get increased so you often have a DPS increase there, as well.

+Beam Range (and +Blast Radius while we're at it) would be no worse than that, it'd only be fair.


Also, you may be thinking of how Ignis used to work, being a more cone / cylinder-shaped AoE,
that's no longer the case, now it's a thin beam with a sphere at the end,
still great but not the same infinite (wall) Punch Through AoE monster it once was.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

But the same is already true for +Flight Speed Mods and "wave" guns like Catchmoon & co,
also Shotgun etc falloff ranges get increased so you often have a DPS increase there, as well.

+Beam Range (and +Blast Radius while we're at it) would be no worse than that, it'd only be fair.


Also, you may be thinking of how Ignis used to work, being a more cone / cylinder-shaped AoE,
that's no longer the case, now it's a thin beam with a sphere at the end,
still great but not the same infinite (wall) Punch Through AoE monster it once was.

I know how Ignis still works. I know it no longer has infinite Wall Punch, but it still can hit multiple enemies all at once.

And yes, while +Flight Speed Mods also increase DPS, what it does is change really where you can/cannot stand. The Maximum amount of damage you can do is still the maximum amount of damage, just that Fall off means you can stand further away. But yes, it would work the same way in this regards when it comes to Plasmor/Catchmoon. 

However: Look at the amount of extra range you'd get. If I recall, Heavy Calibur also adds quite heavily into it also. Due to Projectile Speed being percentage and not flat, the amount of bonus that Plasmor/Catchmoon get from it is a lot less than Sinister Reach. The Ignis could still hit many many MANY more enemies leading to an even more insane DPS with no absolute fall-off. Compared to Damage Falloff of Plasmor where it gets far less range from the exilus, but eventually you'll get minimal damage again anyways.

Now, I only said I assumed that's why +Reach is probably not Exilus due to that. But I'm assuming that the extra amount is far more than Projectile Fall Off. Whether DE should implement Reach Exilus I'm not sure and don't sway either way, but I'm only saying why I think they are not Exilus, rather than saying they shouldn't be. I'd assume DE just want people to sacrifice the slot for Ignis Wraith due to it still being one of the best weapons in the game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KaijuKraid said:

The Ignis could still hit many many MANY more enemies leading to an even more insane DPS

On pretty much completely even ground, with enemies coming at you in single file,
creating a dense conga line ~40 meters long, yeah sure I guess.

When does that happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have been asking for it since the Old Blood dropped. Did DE give any feedback on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-02-06 at 6:42 PM, KaijuKraid said:

Sinister Reach would increase the DPS of the Ignis(Wraith) since it would allow you to hit more targets at once, which is the main strength of the weapon in the first place, which is probably the main reason that one is not a Exilus Mod. 

Again - the distinction for the Exilus slot is between "the maximum DPS your weapon can do" vs. "the proportion of the weapon's maximum DPS you can actually achieve." This is why accuracy and stability mods are in the Exulus slot but magazine and reload mods are not. Range mods fall into the latter category and should be Exilus. In fact, they are. Projectile Flight Speed mods ARE range increases for weapons with damage falloff and effective range increases for projectile weapon. Range-increasing mods for beam weapons should be, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...