Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canach

Best 2 Frames for Onslaught to 8

Question

If you and one friend were going to focus-farm 8-wave sessions of Sanctuary Onslaught on public, which two frames would you choose - and why?

Both of my buddies have Volt and Khora (I don't), I think none of us have Trinity. We've been playing some with Volt, Saryn, Nova, and Banshee - I've gravitated to Wukong, but nothing seems to synergize real well - we don't really struggle at all until 7 or 8, and we always make it 8 - but...

My current frames are:

Ash Prime
Atlas Prime
Banshee Prime
Chroma Prime
Excaliber Umber
Frost Prime
Inaros
Mirage Prime
Nidus
Nova Prime
Oberon
Rhino Prime
Saryn Prime
Titiana
Vauban Prime
Wukong Prime

Thanks! :redveil:

22 answers to this question

Nova almost requires your focus school to be Zenurik to play at peak performance, especially if you use quick thinking like I do. Your amp contributes to "operator energy" and not "warframe energy". You are talking about the cetus 4 brace, yeah? Operators have two kinds of energy with an amp, operator (for void mode, blast, dash) and amp energy. Warframe energy is completely separate and only the Zenurik school interacts with warframe energy.

Alternatively do you have dethcube and it's energy generator mod from Simaris? If you're paired up with a saryn, slap sweeper on dethcube and give it punch-thru, you'll find energy orbs eeeeeverywhere.

@(NSW)Quarky Yeah well, Nova is not where I spend my time - I'm usually in Ash or Umbra, and I wasn't taking about any brace at all. It's just that I'm putting my focus into Madurai, not Zenurik. At any rate, I guess 'at peak performance' is not currently available to me. Appreciate your input though - I was looking into dusting off my DethCube and doing the energy orb mod - glad to hear it can be significant.

So is everyone pretty much sold on Speed Nova and Saryn already - usually there's 9 other opinons out there - any other dynamic duo's people like for Onslaught farming?

Yeah, it's pretty cut and dry in terms of SO and ESO. Saryn can solo both easily, it's just that Nova makes it faster for Saryn and no other frame really has any effect on Saryn's performance since Saryn is, ideally, melting them all mere moments after they spawn.

45 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Yeah, it's pretty cut and dry in terms of SO and ESO. Saryn can solo both easily, it's just that Nova makes it faster for Saryn and no other frame really has any effect on Saryn's performance since Saryn is, ideally, melting them all mere moments after they spawn.

Can you please provide an example build for Saryn? My Speedva is solid, but Saryn is kind of dusty...

3 hours ago, Canach said:

So is everyone pretty much sold on Speed Nova and Saryn already - usually there's 9 other opinons out there - any other dynamic duo's people like for Onslaught farming?

I was impressed how easily I (Saryn) finished 8 zones with a friend who played Volt and how many we killed together. Mostly I don't need any outer source of energy, but sometimes I do (like when facing energy sucker eximuses). Also, it may be upsetting when enemies are killed and no one left to keep 1st Saryn skill working.

tryed mirage with explosive legerdemain augment ?

i'm not saying its the best but its hillarious and fun as hell tho ^.^ 

6 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

tryed mirage with explosive legerdemain augment ?

i'm not saying its the best but its hillarious and fun as hell tho ^.^ 

I have, she is! 😁

39 minutes ago, Canach said:

Can you please provide an example build for Saryn? My Speedva is solid, but Saryn is kind of dusty...

I'm almost always the Nova so I could offer more help there, I've got those builds down by heart.

I'd have to look up stuff for Saryn, tho. Found this through Overframe and looks solid to me - https://overframe.gg/build/3117/saryn-prime/sapmatics-saryn-so-eso/

I personally build for range > strength > duration > efficiency on my saryn and have vitality + regen molt for survival. Strength before range is potentially better for ESO.

- - WOW! - - 

Ran Speed Nova yesterday with HILDRYN three different 8-round runs!

Hildryn provided shields and energy allowing Speedva to virtually spam her #4 and #1 abilities - that was a great combo!

Saryn + Nova

Saryn melts everything and Nova speeds 'em up so they rush to their doom faster, also primed enemies that explode pop spores on nearby affected enemies and primed enemies take double damage from all sources.

17 hours ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Saryn + Nova

Saryn melts everything and Nova speeds 'em up so they rush to their doom faster, also primed enemies that explode pop spores on nearby affected enemies and primed enemies take double damage from all sources.

If you just want to go as far as possible as quickly as possible then yes, this is the way. Definitely do try this @OP.

Caveat being, that in order to fully optimize this synergy while still being decently survivable you'll need to discard any form of energy generation/efficiency. So make sure you administer the energy you do have intelligently.

OP said Sanc Onslaught not Elite - so I'd go Saryn - and  the other frame doesn't matter. Or just pick any two frames and a some decently fast polearms.  Or a big whip.

on ESO where abilities are more stringently limited and the enemies higher level - I'd go Saryn and well, the other frame doesn't matter.

You can't speed up onslaught - you're there for the slog.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Saryn + Nova

This would be my recommendation as well.

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Saryn + Nova

1 minute ago, (PS4)death404 said:

This would be my recommendation as well.

So Speed Nova and Saryn we can do - energy can be a concern though for two caster frames...

Just now, Canach said:

So Speed Nova and Saryn we can do - energy can be a concern though for two caster frames...

Nova in particular is an energy hog, I tend to drop ALOT of energy pizzas when playing her.

How's your zenurik focus? Energizing dash even at base should be fine, you'll just have to spam it more the lower level it is. Saryn shouldn't really need energy - the ideal is one cast of spores and then you can keep everything spored for the duration of the round by popping judiciously.

Yeah, I don't drop a lot of energy pizzas in Onslaught - Cephelopod Simirillon yells at you if you try that

Yeah my Madurai focus is great, but my Amp Energy boost doesn't help Nova much.