Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of tiles with plants?

OrSpeeder

Question

So... I got last week, the slay silver grove guardian as a "recovered" task.

And now I got it, again, as a new task.

But finding all the materials for the aphotic is painful, nevermind the fact that I always play warframe in the same hours, so Earth is always sunny to me, so I can't get night Earth plants either.

Seemly there is no easy way to gather the plants, so can I at least have a list of the tiles with plants so I don't waste my precious time looking tile per tile?

10 answers to this question

I don't know if this is an issue on PC, but here in PS4 land, frost leaf does not spawn every time you get tiles that it should spawn on. I personally (after noticing this issue) just always take a min when I am on a snow tile that has actually spawned in the frostleaf, take a few seconds to scan it just so i have it when i need it. 

Not sure if that info in on the wiki or not, so I just throw it here.

Also, Also, DE please give us a sentinel/pet mod that will scan or collect plants automatically even if the codex entry is full. Even if its not a 100% chance to get a scan, would still help out a lot and take a bit of the slog out of the silver grove sectors and/or anything else you might need the plants for. *would be cool to have them be more useful then just apothics IF it was easier to collect them*

3 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

There's an old bug where the starting tile of the mission determines whether or not stuff like Frostleaf / Lunar Pitchers will spawn at all.

Never ran into it with Lunar Pitchers, but I can say I really ever need them that often. I think I only had to go looking for them purposefully once. Good to know though just in case we ever get more of a reason to use them. I've just learned to passively gather them when i see them like frostleaf.

Though, do you happen to know what about the starting tile has this effect? Is there a way to tell if the mission will have them or not? Would be good info have.

Edited by (PS4)BlightDragon89

8 minutes ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

do you happen to know what about the starting tile has this effect? Is there a way to tell if the mission will have them or not?

Dunno why it happens, but it's just that some tiles mean spawn = yes, and others spawn = nope try again.

A quick Google gave me these:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1127847-frostleaf-spawns-are-tied-to-spawn-rooms/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1076229-map-generation-plant-spawn-code-fails-inconsistently/

15 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Dunno why it happens, but it's just that some tiles mean spawn = yes, and others spawn = nope try again.

A quick Google gave me these:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1127847-frostleaf-spawns-are-tied-to-spawn-rooms/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1076229-map-generation-plant-spawn-code-fails-inconsistently/

TY for the info

Earth Sabotage uses ALOT of times.  This gives you the best chance to arm alot of plants or gets pet mods/dog eggs.   Cant control what time of day it is for you... 

Venus/Mercury Im not sure if they have sabotage tiles on the planet or if they are in space....  probably just good to go with exterminates.  Venus plant just look for open sky tiles with snowy cliffs/edges.   Mercury you need to look for DIRT/rocks and then look for little patches of different colored dirt.  But mercury doesnt have alot of dirt tiles so its pretty easy to learn the locations.  

Mars has plants growing just about everywhere

And then Lua.. usually in dead ends with alot of lockers/breakables.  

--------------------

Earth is the pain,  2 plants during each time of day...      Just run whatever and only make the apothics  you can.  

You only have to kill one grove spectre at a time.....  doesnt matter what kind it is....  

1. Earth forest
2. Grineer settlement
3. Grineer shipyard
4. Grineer asteroid
5. Corpus outpost exterior
6. Lua
Chance of spawning: RNG-conditioned. Threshcones appear most frequently, although still not guaranteed in smaller maps for instance.
Specific missions for plants: Irrelevant. Avoid small maps.
Use external timer or tile entry to check whether regular Earth missions are in night or day cycle. Cycle of regular missions changes every four hours.
Source of claims: Personal experience. Been obsessively scanning plants even before the silver grove existed.

58 minutes ago, CxLL said:

1. Earth forest
2. Grineer settlement
3. Grineer shipyard
4. Grineer asteroid
5. Corpus outpost exterior
6. Lua
Chance of spawning: RNG-conditioned. Threshcones appear most frequently, although still not guaranteed in smaller maps for instance.
Specific missions for plants: Irrelevant. Avoid small maps.
Use external timer or tile entry to check whether regular Earth missions are in night or day cycle. Cycle of regular missions changes every four hours.
Source of claims: Personal experience. Been obsessively scanning plants even before the silver grove existed.

This. In fact the only real annoyance is the day/night cycle on Earth (which invariably ends up being the opposite one to the one you want)!