Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted weapons are no longer good

FletcherGtx

10 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Chromatic blade on Excal Umbra.

sac pressure and steel, organ shatter, berserker, healing return (optional but personally recommended), voltaic strike, virulent scourge, volcanic edge.

Have zero issues killing enemies with exalted blade. Can’t say the same for the other exalted melees tho.

Life strike makes for a semi-decent replacement for healing return, although you need to focus on your health. It helps if you haven't invested Forma into exalted blade.

8 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s trash because it requires a direct hit to kick off the damage adaptation and it specifies that LITERALLY NOWHERE! And  Baruuk already has 1 hoop to jump through to even use Serene Storm. He doesn’t need another for it to actually do damage. The waves should be adapting their damage to each enemy they’re hitting from the very start.

I found replacing CO with primed reach to be a far more effective option as a lot of times it seems to help boost the rate of gaining combo.

I don't think that's a serious problem with Baruuk though?

Got to remember the range and AoE of the waves are probably why that's a factor in the first place. Also add on the fact Baruuk is completely invulnerable pretty much all of the time with no energy cost for his 4 and he's pretty much a mix between Valkyr and Excal's styles.

It is annoying it doesn't specify that anywhere, but it's really not an issue. If it is some kind of bug, I imagine it'll be fixed. Either way, it's no skin off my back.

Maybe DE will finally buff Impact or something so we can justify having it as a damage type.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

5 hours ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

I don't think that's a serious problem with Baruuk though?

Got to remember the range and AoE of the waves are probably why that's a factor in the first place. Also add on the fact Baruuk is completely invulnerable pretty much all of the time with no energy cost for his 4 and he's pretty much a mix between Valkyr and Excal's styles.

It is annoying it doesn't specify that anywhere, but it's really not an issue. If it is some kind of bug, I imagine it'll be fixed. Either way, it's no skin off my back.

Maybe DE will finally buff Impact or something so we can justify having it as a damage type.

It’s restricted by a meter which in turn restricts how long you have use the ability. I literally don’t care how large it’s AOE is. It deserves to actually deal damage. And we shouldn’t have to jump through extra hoops for it to actually deal damage.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

He’s clickbait, but there is a point to be made here.

Iron Staff and Hysteria are depressingly weak after the recent melee changes. Iron Staff no longer has the damage to back up it’s incredible range, and Valkyrs claws range is now severely limiting its practicality as it’s damage was also reduced.

Serene Storm remained unchanged (shame). And it’s augment failed to properly benefit Baruuk and instead just added to the list of extra hoops he has to get SS to actually deal significant damage.

Exalted Blade had damage to spare. I hardly notice a decrease in performance with the addition of heat damage to my build.