Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me, or are the space parts of railjack super laggy?

(PSN)Lollybomb

Ground enemies are all fine, whether they be boarding parties, on crew ships, on points of interest, whatever.
Other missions are all fine.
But ship to ship combat when I'm not the host, feels like my ping has gone to about 1000+.  Ships are jumping all over the place, including the railjack itself.

• Like 1

I suffered the same problem, with at least 3 different hosts, and one of them is youtuber and warframe partner. The problem is not ping and not frame-rate either, it's optimization-related. DE needs to improve, and a lot.

My first mission of 3 went fine. during the second, it was manageable; third was painful.

UI starts to disappear

Long delays when interacting with forge, turrets, slingshot or doors

Teleporting ships, or hopping, should i say/

Leaving turrets amkes you go back to them without pressing interact button...

Sounds familiar?

Yeah, interaction delays are also prevalent.  I figured it was a game thing, and not actually a connection issue given that it is most noticeable with the ships, lesser other interactions, and seemingly not at all with ground enemies.  If it were a connection problem, one would think that the issues would be consistent across all aspects.

This last mission I just finished was actually pretty good, but it's by far the exception.

Well when I was playing with people who are close by (so ping around 20-30), I suffered no such problems, it played almost as if I was solo (for the other person as well, it wasn't laggy). But the mode is very sensitive to connection quality, so the worse it is, the more lags you will get. It's a guess, but I would say even a ping around 60 (not that high) can be problematic for client. I have seen some youtubers who play with each other across the globe (so ping can easily get to 100-200). and yeah, I can only imagine how laggy it can get, in terms of dealys, enemies going crazy etc.

For me the game was running like garbage for a while now.

I don't know what De did but even where I had no lag problems, I have now. Sometimes even the Orbiter is lagging so much I have to quit the game and reboot it.

Open worlds are worst tho. I have to wait a minute for the game to finally work properly. And even after that it can just lag for no reason.

And I don't even have a bad Pc. Even the internet connection is good and It's connected straight into the pc via cable.

il y a 9 minutes, JackHargreav a dit :

For me the game was running like garbage for a while now.

I don't know what De did but even where I had no lag problems, I have now. Sometimes even the Orbiter is lagging so much I have to quit the game and reboot it.

Open worlds are worst tho. I have to wait a minute for the game to finally work properly. And even after that it can just lag for no reason.

And I don't even have a bad Pc. Even the internet connection is good and It's connected straight into the pc via cable.

On PS4 the game have a lot of frame rate problems that weren't there before or not as bad as it is now. A full team within lots of enemies put the fps to the ground and the game can be barely playable.

I hosted some RJ missions yesterday and in one of them  got like 20-15 fps when I entered a "cloud" of fighters for like 10 seconds .-. 

And all RJ and normal missions runs bad if full squad, fps are always under 30. Even if i turn off all the graphics the game runs bad. 

So the only way to get normal performance is to play solo 😄

It’s been happening since the Old Blood. Danielle said they’d have a fix by the Rising Tides. 

I’ve noticed in the Veil if I’m hosting I cannot have a full squad. My frame rate will drop, then I’ll crash. A lot of others have been complaining about frame rate for a while but it hasn’t been fixed.

I don’t know how they expect us to be more co-op with railjack if there’s a high chance of failing due to frame rate loss.

It basically boils down to this: DE wanted to make this kind of a MMO (and as PoE and OV show, they still do) but didn't want the server cost. So they implemented a really poor P2P system for hosting or participating in multiplayer games. The whole "Host Migration" hassle and the dependency on other players connections is just borked from the ground up.

In earlier days of WF one might argue, it was a sensible approach, but with constantly higher player numbers, the introduction of Kind-A-Open-Worlds and the S#&$load of money they make with the game, it would be really the time to tell DE to finally establish some frickin servers, so all these problems would be gone. And before someone says : "That's way too much work", "The whole game needs to be recoded for this" => BS. It's 'only' the network code and layer that has to be adressed. Sure it's work and quite a bit tbh but hey....it would improve things drastically.

But at the end of the day.....it's DE. So, why am I even commenting here......I don't know. Have a nice morning/day/evening all together.