Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS5 and Xbox Series X Cannot Save You! Behold Your Future Console Players, and Despair!

1000_Up

Because even on the original PC version, programming a controller is apparently an unfathomable mystery.  Behold the three signs of the controller apocalypse! The 1st sign: Your spaceship is confused about the fact it can't hold a melee weapon

jQcJ3xf.png

The 2nd sign: No matter your platform, only the fittest shall survive!

On 2020-01-24 at 1:18 AM, UnderRevision said:
On 2020-01-23 at 11:36 AM, Andvarja said:

It's all definitely frustrating. I use a controller for accessibility reasons as I've got some lasting damage from a long-ago hand injury. I get on some level that PC controller users are a small segment of the playerbase. But for console players, controllers are simply what they have available, and they're not a terribly small group. These things need to work, and they don't.

I've said it before and I'll say it again but I'm really confused as to why this continues to be a problem.  Three of the four platforms use controllers by default so how is making sure the controls work not a top priority?  Nothing about the railjack controller configuration makes any sense at all.  Buttons are unused by default despite commands being left unbound, vector only goes down, there's the weird melee stance error, I have to strategically place the tactical menu under general controls and then leave that button blank on railjack controls to use it, and I have no idea why the controls for cycling through abilities are called "switch primary" and "switch secondary".  There are so many problems all at once that it's frankly bizarre.  I use controller by preference so I can't imagine how frustrating this all must be for someone who uses it by necessity.

The 3rd sign that everything is literally going down hill: spend as many Pilot Intrinsics as you want, you can only dash vertically downwards.

Week 8 since release. We just got the ability to remove even a single mod from a Railjack about a week ago. Meanwhile, the fixes for skins bought with plat continue to roll in.

2 years of hype cannot save you!

Being injured or disabled will grant you no mercy!

Repent, the end is nigh!

Railjack 2020: The Controller Users' Dystopian Future?

Edited by 1000_Up
  • Like 2

Ability pop-menu says hi. Then it laughs at you, and doesn't update itself for five years.

It's actually slightly worse, because certain controller options are not present in the PC version for god knows what reason. Last I checked, anyway. It has been a while. Would be nice if you could use DS4's touch pad on PC. It's nifty for gear hotkeys. I have archwing on swipe up.

I'm waiting to see how cross-progression unfolds. If I can bring all my slots and builds over, I'll switch to PC in a heartbeat. My rig at the time could barely handle Terraria. One of three reasons I'm still on PS4, the others being A) colossal leveling/research investment, and B) TennoGen for plat is dope.

I'm not sure I can play without a controller at this stage. Too many years of muscle memory. Last time I tried to adapt to Warframe on a keyboard, it was like having synesthesia. I couldn't even bullet jump>jump>roll vault without learning Mandarin and finding the last digit in pi. I've seen what some folks do with mice in obstacle courses and it makes me jealous. Hopefully I can retrain these fingers in time.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be getting fixed any time soon.  I cannot believe that they are unaware of the issues, so the remaining options are that they either don't see it as a priority, or the fixes are astronomically difficult to implement.  My gut says that it's the former, if only because they've added functional control schemes in the past, and even fixed an issue similar to the vector problem when they made blink universal to archwings.

Meh, I'm a neanderthal that forces himself to git Gud with default or not bother at all, and the only problem I had was when they changed blink. I do admit that DE should be a bit more proactive at looking into controller layouts for people though.

I just hope PS5 has a  better touchpad, took me like a year to stop accidentally doing stuff with it because it's so sensitive that looking at it wrong inputs about 5 things at once. Call me a dinosaur, but buttons always have been, and always will, be my preferred input over touchscreens.... he says as he types this on a tablet....oh the irony.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, IamLoco said:

In before: Play on Master Race PC!

(I do feel you...poor console Bros)

In before all the silly and borderline absurd reasons people intentionally gimp their gaming experiences by playing on a console.

One of these days you guys will grow out of your training diapers.

18 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

I'm waiting to see how cross-progression unfolds

The Devs do talk about how interested they are in cross progression, but showing an inability or disinterest in controller support on PC, for the most hyped feature in the last year and a half, right before the new consoles drop is a bad sign. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Ps4 and Xbox both support mouse and keyboard for Warframe now. I'm sure next Gen will as well...  Especially since the new Xbox Even looks like a PC.

Have you tried to fly a railjack using kbm on console?

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1166206-railjack-keyboard-and-mouse-bindings-still-broken/

17 hours ago, UnderRevision said:

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be getting fixed any time soon.  I cannot believe that they are unaware of the issues, so the remaining options are that they either don't see it as a priority, or the fixes are astronomically difficult to implement.  My gut says that it's the former, if only because they've added functional control schemes in the past, and even fixed an issue similar to the vector problem when they made blink universal to archwings.

Agreed, if they didn't spend so much time advertising their love of players across all platforms, immediately dropping the ball on your biggest new feature's basic controller scheme wouldn't seem like false advertising. 

A couple of hotfixes later wouldn't even be that bad. But after a year and a half of hype, asking for 6 million credits, and a 8 weeks of hotfixes. I think you're right, PC is their main platform, and even there controller players are like their part time side hussle. Just disappointing after all the talk. 

5 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

In before all the silly and borderline absurd reasons people intentionally gimp their gaming experiences by playing on a console.

One of these days you guys will grow out of your training diapers.

Spoiler

sports.png

Platform prejudice in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, 1000_Up said:

The Devs do talk about how interested they are in cross progression, but showing an inability or disinterest in controller support on PC, for the most hyped feature in the last year and a half, right before the new consoles drop is a bad sign. 

Oh, believe me. I've been playing WF since pre-Steam integration. I know I'm in for a rough ride. I'd be surprised if the entire crossover feature set rolled out at once. They've got a lot of licensing issues to work through, so it might be broken into chunks.

If people throw a big enough stink, DE will get around to improving controller support. But every time I bring up the subject, it meets with the same five forum responses. You know the ones.

1. I don't personally care, so you shouldn't either.
  2. I haven't experienced this problem.
  3. I'm not paying attention, but must find something to argue about.
  4. Just try [solution that doesn't pertain to the problem].
  5. Git gud.

Oh, and of course the ever illustrious [barely legible stream of profanity and insults].

If they ever patch the ability pop-menu, I tell you, I will declare a holiday and pour some of the good S#&$.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-07 at 5:27 PM, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

But every time I bring up the subject, it meets with the same five forum responses. You know the ones.

Lol, I know! Trying to Git Guuuuud in an RNG based game that the developer actually didn't finish the controls for is just a gambling addiction.

giphy.gif

That's the suckiest part, lots of developer talk/streams about how different of ways to playing are all valued, part of the "community". For example:

So you spend time to Git Gud expecting to play the extremely hyped-up content like everyone else, cuz the gameplay only rewards Git Gud when controls Git any attention. 

But then actual releases for the new big best features are designed like the ppl who talk about key-board and mouse PC master race are the only fans that matter. 

Again, not dumping on them because of some glitch, this is after 8 weeks of: "Hey, we reported that our expensive @ss ships don't know up from down ...and they seem to think they can fight with melee weapons?".  

DE response, literally over a dozen hotfixes later: "Sorry, no time for that, the players who paid plat for that Limbo skin in our free to play game? They're counting on us! forrest gump running GIF".

Edited by 1000_Up