Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space Shanty Contest wrong criteria

Unwavering

"Winners will be determined based on the quality of the lyrics themselves. No extra points will be awarded for recording your shanty, but none will be taken away if you do either (so please feel free!)"

Top 5 places are recorded shanties

Explain that.....

They split it into two categories.  The recorded ones weren't the top 5 overall, they were a separate set of 5 winners.  They also doubled the number of winners for non-recorded (lyrics only) entries up to 10 winners.

Edited by Katinka

I don't really know about the whole thing and how it was scored, but...

If recording truly doesn't affect the score, and in light of professionalism, I'd prevent all judges from hearing any recording or any shanties with anything special to them, not included in the stated rules. This in order to make sure there is no unfairness in the judgement process since all would be evaluated at the same time, with the same mood, by the same people, in an equal way.

Given how lighthearted and fun-based these contests tend to be, and how usually DE tends to be laidback in these harmless matters, I doubt they went the extra mile in the name of absolute fairness. Which still matters to some contestants. All of this is speculation at the end of the day, obviously.