Jump to content
[DE]Taylor

TennoGen Round 18 Accepted Items!

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, r2in said:

cool ! no revenant skin again !

another break for me till the next tennogen round. 👍

now i take a look closely, they accept 2 skins for garuda and ivara at once !. even wisp already have 2 skins !

while revenant who older than garuda and wisp still doesnt have tennogen.

WTH... DE ?

i hope im still playing this game when revenant got skin. eventhough im not sure myself.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Khora Fierce Skin????! Damn =(

I just can't play Khora with all the ugly helmets, PLUS you guys are taking a lot to release deluxe. XD

Look how awesome this is! 

9541068BDBD87D4021B469814C1F21E6AE3196B7

Edited by Sahiratu
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someday I hope an artist will make an equinox angel and devil. Please someone with some artistic talent. Oh and a khora spider skin which turns her 4 into webs and venari into a orb spider. U could b lazy and use the the articula spider model if u have to lol.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, r2in said:

now i take a look closely, they accept 2 skins for garuda and ivara at once !. even wisp already have 2 skins !

while revenant who older than garuda and wisp still doesnt have tennogen.

Actually, they accepted 1 skin for Garuda and 1 helmet for her. And Wisp doesn't have 2 skins, she has 1 skin and 1 helmet.
And Revenant actually does have TennoGen in-game, in the form of 1 single helmet. I know it's not enough, but it means he technically does have TennoGen.

1 hour ago, RearMostFiend said:

I would rather hear their reasoning(exept this one will sell) why they choose those skins and syandanas wich are clearly was not the top community pick.

Well, they actually gave their reasoning for not accepting items based on popularity, it's a year old but probably still relevant.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Baruuk blade of the lotus again, even when it was updated, meh...

Edited by PercivalZ
  • Like 2
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that was a short list.  I fear I don't see anything that catches my eye this time around, kudos to those that do.  The draw back of window shopping the workshop is seeing items there that you like and then they never make it in game, or are changes so much that they lose their original appeal.  Leaves one feeling a bit bummed I must confess. 

Well here is to hoping for something I like in round 19, at least I get to save some money till then I guess.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

Actually, they accepted 1 skin for Garuda and 1 helmet for her. And Wisp doesn't have 2 skins, she has 1 skin and 1 helmet.
And Revenant actually does have TennoGen in-game, in the form of 1 single helmet. I know it's not enough, but it means he technically does have TennoGen.

Well, they actually gave their reasoning for not accepting items based on popularity, it's a year old but probably still relevant.

 

yeah, my bad. i forgot that ugly big head helm. lol

i didnt know helm not considered as skin. im a bit confused here, but ok.

about accepting items, i think there is no point for people to vote in steam wokshop anymore. cause they [DE] just do wahtever they want. im not even sure if those accepted items really got the highest vote. or maybe they just accept skin based on warframe popularity. like "let accept the simplest skins so we dont have to do much work as long as the frame is popular people gonna buy it. lol."

as rev main i'v been waiting that onryo for almost a year now, im just dissapointed. i know complaining and arguing wont change anything, so yeah, whatever........

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most popular by vote doesn't mean it will get accepted.
Updating it according to their feedback doesn't mean it will get accepted.

Im no 3D artist, but i can tell there is a lot more going on than just updating the skin to match DE feedback, or the skin being the most popular on Steam. I cannot begin to imagine DE accepting a skin due to its huge popularity and votes, then having to fix said skin multiple times because there were issues with the elements of the skin.

Also the nidus thing is getting old, at this point, people who spam that are just more like entitled kids who pout over not having what they want. Ever bought a rainbow icecream only for it to taste like vomit? Yeah, i don't want a tennogen skin to be accepted just because is popular, only to find countless issues with it during the fashionframe process.

Then again, that's just my opinion.

  • Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty disappointed nothing from Beastbuster were accepted in this round. Is there some issue with them or was there not enough room for them this round? Please consider him for the next set of Tennogens, I really like the look and style of his Blade of the Lotus skins.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dissapointed with this round, there was barely anything. It's a shame we didnt get nova mithra or wisp diva, but thats because Lukinu didnt update them at all. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, definitely getting the Wisp skin, the 2H-Nikana skin, and the Suprema skin.  Bit more ambivalent on the rest of this content drop, though.  Heavy Blades and Polearms are already spoiled for choice to the point where that market's outright saturated, Syandanas this round just aren't quite my thing, and haven't we got enough Ivara skins?

Chest armor's nice, but when are we getting Tennogen armor sets?  The problem with ONLY having Chest Armor is that you're gonna have a bad time trying to make it work with other armor sets most of the time.

Regardless, 'grats for those who made it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sahiratu said:

No Khora Fierce Skin????! Damn =(

I just can't play Khora with all the ugly helmets, PLUS you guys are taking a lot to release deluxe. XD

Look how awesome this is! 

9541068BDBD87D4021B469814C1F21E6AE3196B7

Yes this one is AMAZING!!! Really hoped it would make it this time instead. If we keep talking and wishing for that skin .... 

... keep some fierce faith 🙂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sahiratu said:

No Khora Fierce Skin????! Damn =(

I just can't play Khora with all the ugly helmets, PLUS you guys are taking a lot to release deluxe. XD

Look how awesome this is! 

9541068BDBD87D4021B469814C1F21E6AE3196B7

Yeah that's a nice skin but at least khora mithra is pretty 🥰

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, but this selection sucks. Very little in there, not to mention the absence of some absolutely stunning works like BeastBuster's Excalibur Blade of the Lotus V2 or the Saryn Night Hunter. Most frustratingly, I can't even have a say in the matter, I'm a console player so I can't vote on Steam and I have to wait months for items I don't even want, leaving me to wait even more for the next round and even then I won't be able to do anything. I get that PC is your largest audience (I think), but throw us a bone, will you? Console players should have a voice in this matter, too. 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some very interesting tennogens in this round (notably some Garuda love, a syandana, and a no brain chest piece). Unfortunatly we on PS4 will not see them until 2021. Or maybe never, like the beautiful [Nekros Charon Helmet] which is already added to the game since a long time (we can preview it when we link it in the chat), but we can't buy it... :sadcry:

Sad and very frustating...

Edited by (PS4)LeTueurDeChrono
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was legit such a disappointing round. Legit they could have picked more warframe skins. No shade to the ones that got picked, but i think they could have picked more a variety. No Rhino Skin....No Reverent Skin...Heck not even a Grendel / Gauss skin pick

 

Edited by Bakujio
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ghost_msl said:

No BotL skins?

No sale to me.

Agreed. I swear, it doesn't feel right that such well designed stuff never makes it in. That's not to say the selected isn't good, but it feels like there's an over saturation of the same series'. It's so damn boring. Is a knightly Excalibur skin like the Blade of the Lotus V2 so much to ask for? I know there's already a lot, but they're all so focused on Eastern themes like Ninjas/Samurai.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if it's the colors used, or the skin is not detailed enough, but I believe the Tiamat skin (Garuda) needed more work. 

It's so damn "muddy" looking. The helmet is boss, though.

Edited by GrazeZeroLow
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

I don't know if it's the colors used, or the skin is not detailed enough, but I believe the Tiamat skin (Garuda) needed more work. 

It's so damn "muddy" looking. The helmet is boss, though.

The textures look blurry and like they lack clear/sharp detail, almost as if they are using low resolution textures and upscaling them.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Gunfighter62 said:

I'm sorry, but this selection sucks. Very little in there, not to mention the absence of some absolutely stunning works like BeastBuster's Excalibur Blade of the Lotus V2 or the Saryn Night Hunter. Most frustratingly, I can't even have a say in the matter, I'm a console player so I can't vote on Steam and I have to wait months for items I don't even want, leaving me to wait even more for the next round and even then I won't be able to do anything. I get that PC is your largest audience (I think), but throw us a bone, will you? Console players should have a voice in this matter, too. 

No one has a say in the matter but DE.  DE doesn't go by the votes in the Steam Workshop, even though that's the whole purpose of Valve's system: to allow players to vote on items to be added. DE makes their own decisions regarding what gets accepted and what doesn't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yakhul said:

Most popular by vote doesn't mean it will get accepted.
Updating it according to their feedback doesn't mean it will get accepted.

Im no 3D artist, but i can tell there is a lot more going on than just updating the skin to match DE feedback, or the skin being the most popular on Steam. I cannot begin to imagine DE accepting a skin due to its huge popularity and votes, then having to fix said skin multiple times because there were issues with the elements of the skin.

Also the nidus thing is getting old, at this point, people who spam that are just more like entitled kids who pout over not having what they want. Ever bought a rainbow icecream only for it to taste like vomit? Yeah, i don't want a tennogen skin to be accepted just because is popular, only to find countless issues with it during the fashionframe process.

Then again, that's just my opinion.

Honestly, as much as I have tried to be nice in this thread trying to explain stuff about why specific items didn't get in or how picking things for TennoGen works, I kinda have to agree with this. I feel like the reason people get disappointed every Round, whether it being skins for certain Warframes not getting accepted (even when none are present) or skins being added for Warframes that "have enough"/"too many", is probably due to entitlement, but also knowledge and expectations.

Now I don't blame anyone to an extent on the knowledge part. People assume that items are accepted based on popularity because of how the Steam Workshop shows the amount of unique visitors and favorites, and how you can say "yes or no" to an item (which I happen to also do, but only to give a general opinion). There's nothing that says "By the way, voting doesn't matter", unless DE explicitly says it, and not everyone will see that statement. This could definitely be seen as a fault for DE for not explaining things, which isn't a unique issue to TennoGen.
But when people don't understand how the system works, they assume that how it should and will work. And when it doesn't, they become confused and get upset. There expectations get set high, from having low knowledge on something. Not to say everyone does this, or no one is allowed to share their negative opinion, but there's definitely a pattern that's tiring to see all the time in these threads.

People see an item that they really like on the Workshop, attention is brought to said item (Vote for this!/Help get this item in-game!) to the extent where people directly ask in the TennoGen Deadline Announcement threads for an item to be added, TennoGen Round Winners are announced and that item wasn't added, people get surprised (Why doesn't popularity seem to matter?/Why didn't this item get accepted?), thread is flooded with tons of disappointment and maybe a comment from a staff member to slightly calm them down and explain things, TennoGen Round Update comes out, nobody is really complaining at this point, and the cycle repeats.

Again, not saying anyone is not allowed to express their negative thoughts, but seeing the same types of complaints and even misinformation being spread around every time, it's predictable to the point where you could make a BINGO card out of it. Actually, that sounds fun. But besides that, I believe DE should do something simple to 'amend' this; make a *pinned* separate thread detailing how the TennoGen selection process is done, the complete criteria of acceptance, explanations of popularity/voting and how it does (or doesn't) affect voting, and maybe even the way how feedback is given to the TennoGen artists. It probably wont save people being disappointed (since there will always be someone who is), but at least they would be informed and understand why things are done in a certain manner.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...