TennoGen Round 18 Accepted Items!

I think at least what we DID get here looks well made, far from a great round but calling it bad I think is an overstatement, we may have an oversaturation of Heavy Blade/Polearm/Ivara skins but at least the ones we're getting as well as the other ones (heavy Nikana looks awesome) are still great, I just hope they look as good ingame and don't clip too much.

4 hours ago, RearMostFiend said:

Like Ivara Heavy blades and Polearms but look 2 skins for each of them. Thinking of it they SHOULD NOT release more than 1 skin per warframe/weapon type.

And I agree, but at least Heavy Blades and Polearms skins can apply to more than just one specific weapon, with Ivara I think DE are going kinda overboard lately, first her Prime, then her Deluxe as well as her Leverian, now two Tennogen all so close together. I'm very happy that she's getting love (She's my favorite so I'm definitely biased) but I hope that this is where the love stops, DE need to spread that love around their roster more, and could've at least not have done it all so close together so it's not as overwhelmingly Ivara lately, but now it feels oversaturated and Ivara got more than enough.

Edited by featherfrog
More opinions and words I wanted better and stuff

I am sad to see a lot of great weapon designers run on DeviantArt and are not even aware, they could submit it for a greater cause.

I'd love to have the last one as a useable weapon with a secondary similar to the Opticor instead of a heavy attack when on the ground.

Edited by NoSpax
10 hours ago, RearMostFiend said:

Like Ivara Heavy blades and Polearms but look 2 skins for each of them. Thinking of it they SHOULD NOT release more than 1 skin per warframe/weapon type.

...How? Do you want the TennoGen artists to not make more than 1 skin for a Warframe, or do you want DE to only accept 1 skin for a Warframe? Cause either way, it would be unfair for both sides, and to the people buying or observing the TennoGen. And before you say it, no, TennoGen Rounds do not have "slots" nor have any of these items taken the spot of another. If an single item round can range between 10 to 34 items, there really isn't a limit to how much a single Round can have (of course, unless DE sees certain items as unfitting but that's a different story).

• Like 1
9 часов назад, Scruffel сказал:

...How? Do you want the TennoGen artists to not make more than 1 skin for a Warframe, or do you want DE to only accept 1 skin for a Warframe? Cause either way, it would be unfair for both sides, and to the people buying or observing the TennoGen. And before you say it, no, TennoGen Rounds do not have "slots" nor have any of these items taken the spot of another. If an single item round can range between 10 to 34 items, there really isn't a limit to how much a single Round can have (of course, unless DE sees certain items as unfitting but that's a different story).

I want diversity instead of a million skins for 1 frame or weapon in 1 round. For exemple instead of 1 ivara skin there could be revenant/gauss/khora... any warframe but we got 2 skins for ivara same goes for polearms and heavy blades. 

2 hours ago, RearMostFiend said:

I want diversity instead of a million skins for 1 frame or weapon in 1 round. For exemple instead of 1 ivara skin there could be revenant/gauss/khora... any warframe but we got 2 skins for ivara same goes for polearms and heavy blades. 

So again, how do you want that to be done? Also, I don't think it's a good idea for DE to deny an item that both follows their stylistic guidelines and has no technical issues, and then accept an item that may not pass either but is allowed because its for a Warframe with not so many items already. That's going back to square one where it's unfair for DE and the creators to do such. Sure, on one hand, the fans of that Warframe finally have a new skin to work with. But on the other, now a creator got there item denied for nothing to do with what they actual made, rather what type of item they made. And that's going to set a precedent where instead of creating what you want, and hoping for the item to be accepted, instead it's only what you can create because of arbitrary rules.

I get it. You want more items to be created for Warframes that barely have anything. Don't get me wrong, I've even been shafted from this Round too since I didn't get potentially 2 skins for a Warframe I really like (you can probably guess it from my profile picture). And even though I would have really liked them to be in-game, I don't really have that much to complain about since my favorite already has 2 skins, 2 helmets and even a Deluxe in the game. However, based on your logic, I should have only gotten 1 skin instead of 2, since that would be too much. Or does it not count because of the fact that the Warframe is underrepresented and whatnot? What if 2 Revenant skins were going to be added in 1 Round; would you want one of them denied to fit your rules, or would you allow both of them because he currently has no skins in the game? Not only would that be inconsistent, that's starting to cross a line into explicit favoritism and limitations of artistic value. And that would create competition within a community that make these items as a hobby, which isn't necessary at all.

Le 07/02/2020 à 02:13, [DE]Taylor a dit :

Nice, 3 skins i want to see since their first reveals (by their creators). I actually likes (a lot) the Skopos skin for Polearms, but the Jotunheim's trident skin is so nice too !!! And this Heavy Blade skins, no doubt i will used it when this comes out (Suprema for my "huge close combat experts", like Atlas, and Mizar for other frames, like Females frames) :thumbup:

Man I start to feel like the vote system is useless, Where is a Revenant skin? Where is the Nidus skin from Master Noob? Where are the syandanas that everybody loved? There is a LOT of better skins for warframes with almost none and we keep getting skins for the same warframes, c'mon at least don't repeat warframe skins per round. 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, ozcg888 said:

Man I start to feel like the vote system is useless, Where is a Revenant skin? Where is the Nidus skin from Master Noob? Where are the syandanas that everybody loved? There is a LOT of better skins for warframes with almost none and we keep getting skins for the same warframes, c'mon at least don't repeat warframe skins per round. 

Like Excal. Frame has more skins than a woman has shoes.

• Like 5
On 2020-02-15 at 12:29 PM, ozcg888 said:

Man I start to feel like the vote system is useless,

Because it is.

On 2020-02-15 at 12:29 PM, ozcg888 said:

There is a LOT of better skins for warframes with almost none and we keep getting skins for the same warframes, c'mon at least don't repeat warframe skins per round.

You can see my above post about how I feel about this statement, but basically; it's unfair to deny a creator's skin, not for any technical or stylistic reasons, but because they made a skin for a Warframe at the "wrong time". Also, in order to be consistent about this rule, you'd have to deny multiple items for Warframes that have little to nothing as well. In general, it wouldn't work.

hace 7 horas, Scruffel dijo:

You can see my above post about how I feel about this statement, but basically; it's unfair to deny a creator's skin, not for any technical or stylistic reasons, but because they made a skin for a Warframe at the "wrong time".

Yeah, I know, it feels awful (no sarcasm, really) but Im not complaining about the ''time'' Im complaining about skin-spam for certain warframes even if the people voted for another one (same with the syandanas) and, DE is denying a lot of creator's items just because it came on the wrong time too.

hace 7 horas, Scruffel dijo:

Also, in order to be consistent about this rule, you'd have to deny multiple items for Warframes that have little to nothing as well. In general, it wouldn't work.

I personally think that it could work because if the creator is persistent, at the end will create masterpieces to be accepted, so in some way we are incentivizing the creators with that rule. But of course it will only work if DE improves the voting system... I must be honest, don't know how heh, maybe asking for the players on-game? that way the votes will be more clear.... maybe...

1 minute ago, ozcg888 said:

Yeah, I know, it feels awful (no sarcasm, really) but Im not complaining about the ''time''

The "time" I'm referring to, is the releasing an item at the same time as another. Sorry if that confused you.

2 minutes ago, ozcg888 said:

Im complaining about skin-spam for certain warframes

Skin-spam? I really don't see how taking the time to create an item for a Warframe is considered spam. Even if it's for a Warframe that already has items, or multiple items in a round. Especially when it's the ladder case, that's usually considered a coincidence.

5 minutes ago, ozcg888 said:

even if the people voted for another one (same with the syandanas)

Again, voting doesn't matter. Also, not sure what syandanas you mean.

5 minutes ago, ozcg888 said:

DE is denying a lot of creator's items just because it came on the wrong time too.

Well, they usually deny a creator's items for something that has to do with the item itself, not usually something surrounding it. Only cases of that could be when one item is too similar to another, or an item's faction/theme isn't allowed through TennoGen. But that doesn't have to do anything with time, nor with the "time" I'm referring too.

27 minutes ago, ozcg888 said:

I personally think that it could work because if the creator is persistent, at the end will create masterpieces to be accepted, so in some way we are incentivizing the creators with that rule.

Problem with that, is that would be creating limits and competition within the community, which isn't necessary since practically most of them are considered freelancers and doing it as a hobby. And trying to put a restriction on them that deals not with what they are allowed to create in the sense of what is appropriate within the game, but rather what they specifically want to, would be ruining artistic integrity. And trying to control a community which people can come in and out, can take breaks within, and suddenly come back would be hard to manage. Let's also think of a situation how this wouldn't work.

Someone creates a skin for Nova. The Nova skin gets denied the first Round it was submitted into, now here's the issue. If that creator continues working on that skin, would that mean no one else could make a Nova skin? Or would it be allowed since it's simply a resubmission? Because if two Nova skins would be accepted, that's not only breaking the rule, but it could also imply favoritism and/or lack of consistency. And if that creator never updates the item? Are all Nova skins hold off in the chance that the creator may comeback to change it? Just allowing the artists and creators to make what they want, whenever they want is much better than trying to restrict them in such a fashion that doesn't serve much of a purpose than to... actually I don't see the benefit for the system for both DE and the creators.

27 minutes ago, ozcg888 said:

But of course it will only work if DE improves the voting system... I must be honest, don't know how heh, maybe asking for the players on-game? that way the votes will be more clear.... maybe...

DE can't really improve a system that doesn't have impact on their decisions for items to be added. Honestly I'd rather prefer it if DE convince Steam to give them a new Workshop layout so they can finally forget about people complaining about it.

On 2020-02-07 at 8:04 AM, Iryn said:

Tsujinasa V3 - Blade of the Lotus Syandana
?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

Damn this one really should be accepted been rolling around for ages, also why no revenant skin ???

These 3 would fit just fine 

ION - Revenant 2

Revenant Draugen - (Draugr v2)

Onryo Revenant Helmet

You know, the TennoGen has a large document  in TennoGen's guides specifically on Warframe's very unique yet wide-ranged art style. TennoGen submissions are required to abide by that style, anything too contemporary/modern/abstract is clearly stated to not be selected. I haven't read those.. because i haven't designed a skin (yet) but looking at those 3 skins above, you can clearly see that those, while being really cool and well designed, do not belong in Warframe. I mean, more skins = more money for them so it would naturally benefit them to have more skins out, however, there wasn't enough skins that followed the correct art direction. Please do your research before you just spew whatever it is you spew. Thanks!

9 hours ago, 7tosmoke said:

You know, the TennoGen has a large document  in TennoGen's guides specifically on Warframe's very unique yet wide-ranged art style. TennoGen submissions are required to abide by that style, anything too contemporary/modern/abstract is clearly stated to not be selected. I haven't read those.. because i haven't designed a skin (yet) but looking at those 3 skins above, you can clearly see that those, while being really cool and well designed, do not belong in Warframe. I mean, more skins = more money for them so it would naturally benefit them to have more skins out, however, there wasn't enough skins that followed the correct art direction. Please do your research before you just spew whatever it is you spew. Thanks!

Hello, i'm the creator of the draugen revenant skin. Could you tell me what about it doesn't fit with the game's style? I'm really looking for constructive feedback so that i can improve it and hopefully get it in, on the next round. 

Edited by Goosmo
4 minutes ago, Goosmo said:

Hello, i'm the creator of the draugen revenant skin. Could you tell me what about it doesn't fit with the game's style? I'm really looking for constructive feedback so that i can improve it and hopefully get it in, on the next round. 

you would be better off contacting DE for that feedback, as they know many details players don't

Just now, SpicyDinosaur said:

you would be better off contacting DE for that feedback, as they know many details players don't

Well, we were supposed to get feedback last week, but i haven't gotten any yet. Thought i could collect some feedback from different perspectives while i'm waiting. 

The new additions are fine, but I have to agree with some others and say it’s odd that Revenant still doesn’t have a decent skin. I’m always glad to see another of HitsuSan’s skins and the Oberon Youkai, I feel was a long time coming. The one piece I very much like is the Sclera Oculus by kakarrot2812 as the Corpus design was very well implemented; and besides looking cool, I shouldn’t have to mention the additional bonus of wearing the Oculus, which is that I can now pretend to expel Exergis crystal shards from my eye sockets at my foes while void-dashing about! 

Edited by (XB1)ZenithLord 42
Sockets...
  • Like 2

This round is so redundant. Revenant still has ZERO SKINS while you guys are mass piling the skins on the same few Warframes round after round after round.
I've been playing Warframe less and this Tennogen round didn't excite.

Edited by GitGud66
  • Like 4