Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Weapons Preferred Element

(XBOX)TheMadCash

I think Kuva weapons are pretty cool. Yeah I know they are just reskins with better stats & maybe an extra weapon effect. I think they are pretty good from the base variants of Grineer weapons. Only weapon I could say I could probably do without was the Brakk giving it was already pretty good of a weapon compared to the rest of the Grineer weapons. I thought it was a great opportunity to reprise old weapons & make them usable up to a point. Also giving the addition to have them start out with a additional element was a nice touch. 

I was just curious to see what’s everyone preferred starting out element when farming for the Kuva weapons. Rather you want all your weapons to start with a specific element or you want each weapon element to be different from the last.

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

As for my preferred element for Kuva Weapons, it's Radiation. Definitely so. This because you can still mod for corrosive and make it so Kuva weapons, most of them pretty powerful, geared towards shredding both units like Bombards, and units like Heavy Gunners. All in the same weapon. Other may prefer other elements, but those work wonderfully for me.

As for starting out... I'm at the phase where I'm still mastering all variants and collecting the ephemeras so I'm just creating whatever weapon I still don't have with the element I'm currently pursuing for my next ephemera. Right now that would be cold (I have radiation and fire ephemeras), and after that electricity and then all others I'm missing. Once I'm done and have all ephemeras I'll just work on the Valence Transfer so that all my Kuva Weapons become radiation based.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

As for my preferred element for Kuva Weapons, it's Radiation. Definitely so. This because you can still mod for corrosive and make it so Kuva weapons, most of them pretty powerful, geared towards shredding both units like Bombards, and units like Heavy Gunners. All in the same weapon. Other may prefer other elements, but those work wonderfully for me.

As for starting out... I'm at the phase where I'm still mastering all variants and collecting the ephemeras so I'm just creating whatever weapon I still don't have with the element I'm currently pursuing for my next ephemera. Right now that would be cold (I have radiation and fire ephemeras), and after that electricity and then all others I'm missing. Once I'm done and have all ephemeras I'll just work on the Valence Transfer so that all my Kuva Weapons become radiation based.

When you get an element that is not electric or toxin you're lowering the chance of proccing corrosive. which imo is bad for high level

As for an answer to op

Heat or Toxin

Edited by 8faiNt
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

When you get an element that is not electric or toxin you're lowering the chance of proccing corrosive. which imo is bad for high level

I rather have a smaller chance at both elements, than a big chance at just one, honestly. Either way I mainly use corrosive as the universal Jack-of-all-trades element so it's not like I need it to be fully dedicated in terms of builds. Only in rare instances such as a shield sortie do I resort to modding my weaponry for toxin or magnetic, for example.

In the end it's merely a matter of preference, really.

For me it looks like i prefer cold cause that ephemera just doesn't want to drop XD. 

Jokes aside i went with ephemeras and all weapons first, i figured i won't be lucky enough in the first runs of all the weapons to get a high % on any. It kinda worked as i obtained 4 ephemeras and all weapons in the process. Highest % was a lucky 55%rad shildeg, rest is far below and basically all but few have "wrong" elements. It doesn't change much, all are powerful even than (maybe except quartakk i cant make that weapon to work for me) . 

I prefer corr on auto or pellet weapons, rad on single, burst, aoe ones. So great elements are rad, electricity, toxin, heat in that order. Dont see a usage of magnetic and impact, cold would be ok if there was a slash melee for a viral combo as there is a primed toxin mod for melee. 

With valence fusion you basically can change the element at the end of the grind road to the one you prefer even if it is already at 60%. Thats a really good quality of life they did with the recent change. 

For me, it depends. I've recently gone out of my way to build my weapons around the elemental damage type I have a Primed mod for. That would be Cold for rifles, Electric for Shotguns, Heat for Pistols and Toxic for Melee. I'm GOING To be using these damage types on my weapons one way or another, so having the weapon's native damage type be one of them gives me greater flexibility. Although that's for crit weapons. For status weapons I might want to pick one of the opposite damage types in order to balance status effects themselves a little bit. Say I have a pistol I want to build for Corrosive. I might pick Electric for that, so that I can build for corrosive and Heat or Corrosive and Blast without reducing the likelihood of proccing corrosive. So it's going to depend on a weapon-by-weapon basis.

And yes, that does mean I'm going to build my critical rifles for either Blast, Magnetic of Viral damage due to the Primed Cold Damage mod. No, not Corrosive, but Corrosive doesn't actually do much on a critgun to begin with. Unless I'm stacking a lot of Corrosive procs (so a status shotgun, basically), it makes sense to target enemy weaknesses. For high-level Grineer, radiation is a much better candidate as it deals bonus damage against their heavier Alloy armour. Granted, Heavy Gunners wear Ferrite for some reason which makes them hard to kill with Radiation, but still. For rifles, though, Viral seems to work better than both. The extra 60% elemental damage helps and Viral deals a lot of bonus damage against all humanoid Grineer.

8 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

And yes, that does mean I'm going to build my critical rifles for either Blast, Magnetic of Viral damage due to the Primed Cold Damage mod. 

Good luck killing grineers on 100+ lvl with such setup.

13 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

No, not Corrosive, but Corrosive doesn't actually do much on a critgun to begin with. Unless I'm stacking a lot of Corrosive procs (so a status shotgun, basically)

Define "crit gun" if you mean snipers then i agree you better go viral/HM or Gas on snipers. Also you know you can stack corrosive with any assualt rifle/beam weapon as amprex, kuva nukor, gaze none of them is "status shotgun" and can strip armor like crazy.

15 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

For high-level Grineer, radiation is a much better candidate as it deals bonus damage against their heavier Alloy armour. Granted, Heavy Gunners wear Ferrite for some reason which makes them hard to kill with Radiation, but still. For rifles, though, Viral seems to work better than both. The extra 60% elemental damage helps and Viral deals a lot of bonus damage against all humanoid Grineer.

Yeah good luck killing grineers on 100+ lvl with such setup. WITHOUT ANY ARMOR STRIP, if you think that bonus radiation is going to somehow magically bypass enemy armor you are dead wrong. 

Viral is literally worst element you can put on automatic fast shooting rifle (unless you pair it with HM and even then the slash procs will be miniscule cause AR have low base dmg, not to mention Viral dont need to stack at all)

18 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

The extra 60% elemental damage helps and Viral deals a lot of bonus damage against all humanoid Grineer.

Cool story bro what about enemy armor scaling and FACT your dmg gets mitigated up to almost nothing without armor stripping.

On topic:

Obviously if you want to deal with armored enemies ASAP Corrosive modded on weapon + Fire from Lich is THE best way to strip armor (you dont want to much fire so some weapons actually benefit from having "low roll" fire on them, so you dont take the chance to proc corrosive off them to much).

If you want to go around armor scaling Viral/Hunter munitions is the way (NOT on every weapon tho just the ones with good crit and decent base damage). So get lich with toxin and slap cold (primed cryo) on them.

If you want to go Gas on weapon (which is very strong with Bane mods) get Heat, since the Toxin ticks from Gas scale from modded damage anyway (not the toxin dmg you got from lich) so you have more options for modding for another element (pure rad/Viral-heat/corro-heat).

If you want pure corro (automatic fast firing weapon) go just toxin, combine it with ele mod and save one mod slot.