Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Paris Prime 200% Crit Damage Instead Of 150%

Enomilli

I disagree.

The Paris Prime is debatably the best bow based on the fact it does physics impact damage with the highest base damage out of the bows. If you want high damage crits, use the Dread. If you want high non-crit damage that "ignores armor", use the Paris Prime. If they were to buff the crit damage to 200% and put it on the same crit level as the Dread, it'd ruin the balance that the bows have.

Currently the Dread is used with a crit build, due to the (mostly) higher crit damage. If you can hit weak spots, you're going to see massive numbers. 

The Paris Prime doesn't require weak spots for massive numbers due to physics impact damage, so boosting the crit damage would only make it more OP and render the Dread almost useless.

Edited by Colorswirl

And yet we are forgetting that Paris was rendered useless by Dread...woop-dee-doo.

Dread should not be on par/better than Paris Prime.

Paris Prime already beats everything the Dread stands for if used with Sonar.

What are you talking about ? 

Edited by fatpig84

And yet we are forgetting that Paris was rendered useless by Dread...woop-dee-doo.

Dread should not be on par/better than Paris Prime.

Wrong, actually. It should be on par/better than Paris Prime. 

You can buy a Paris blueprint, you can't buy a Dread blueprint. You have to wait for the Stalker to attack you, and hope that he drops the blueprint for it. That, or spend ~$30 on the package. If a bow (or any weapon, for that matter) was that hard to get only to be on par with a weapon that had a Prime variant, there'd be no point in getting it. 

Wrong, actually. It should be on par/better than Paris Prime. 

You can buy a Paris blueprint, you can't buy a Dread blueprint. You have to wait for the Stalker to attack you, and hope that he drops the blueprint for it. That, or spend ~$30 on the package. If a bow (or any weapon, for that matter) was that hard to get only to be on par with a weapon that had a Prime variant, there'd be no point in getting it. 

You can't buy Paris Prime parts either.

You just have to wait for RnG to favour you both in the void and on some random defense mission.

Not everyone uses Banshee?

How about a Nova which appears XXX times in XXX games ?

Nova = 2x damage boost, but oh wait dread is not armor ignore still, so I still have to aim weak spots, Paris can shoot anywhere just fine.

The Paris series is pretty much a easy mode bow, the trade off is that it deals a little less crit damage unlike the dread.

And I dare say the pros outweigh the cons in the trade offs department.

Yeah I deal 50% more crit damage, but I have to shoot at unarmored weak spots for rest of my mission to make it worth it.

Paris I can just shoot it and go wild.

Stalker tech does not need to be on par with ancient Orokin technology.

Then why does the Clan Tech lanka which is corpus tech based, better than any of the bows ?

Orokin tech doesn't mean god mode tech you know.

How about a Nova which appears XXX times in XXX games ?

Nova = 2x damage boost, but oh wait dread is not armor ignore still, so I still have to aim weak spots, Paris can shoot anywhere just fine.

The Paris series is pretty much a easy mode bow, the trade off is that it deals a little less crit damage unlike the dread.

And I dare say the pros outweigh the cons in the trade offs department.

Yeah I deal 50% more crit damage, but I have to shoot at unarmored weak spots for rest of my mission to make it worth it.

Paris I can just shoot it and go wild.

Then why does the Clan Tech lanka which is corpus tech based, better than any of the bows ?

Orokin tech doesn't mean god mode tech you know.

Both having armor ignore and going wild defeats the point of sniping and the general flow of the game (i.e. aiming at weak points deals the most damage to enemies). Also, it's more like 140% critical damage.

Dread should do higher damage with a critical hit on weakspots. Paris Prime should be more reliable and consistent with damage output, especially on armoured targets. Both bows probably could use a critical chance increase. These bows are both not easy to get and should be sidegrades so players can consider damage potential(Dread) or reliability(Paris Prime). Well, that's just what I feel. I don't think it's right to have either bow to be outright better than the other.

Both having armor ignore and going wild defeats the point of sniping and the general flow of the game (i.e. aiming at weak points deals the most damage to enemies). Also, it's more like 140% critical damage.

Again max accuracy is not needed for the Paris Prime. 

How many times do you need to strike exactly the foot, limb or head to down an infested ancient with a Paris Prime ?

Yes it is desired, but not needed unless you are shooting at level 120+ mobs that is where you need your accuracy.

In contrast, my potatoed Dread with max critical damage and crit chance, cannot kill ancients at all with 1 arrow unless I hit exactly on the weak spots AND cause a critical hit. And that is only with mid level content.

Paris Prime does not suffer from that. Even a missed shot on a weak spot from a PP can still kill big guys in 2 to 3 arrows if your crits are going off.  Dread does not have that luxury, it needs 2 variables to work.

If anything Dread NEEDS a bigger crit chance than ever.

Edited by fatpig84