Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valence transfer hasnt carried over catalyst/formas


K555
 Share

Recommended Posts

Catalysts and Forma etc. only stay on the weapon you fuse into, IE the weapon you clicked "actions" on. That weapon keeps its element and enhancements, and the other weapon disappears, while the first weapon gets a boost to its elemental bonus.

If you didn't do it that way, log a job with support and they'll probably be able to reverse the process and give both weapons back so you can try again. Otherwise you're looking at a bug, in which case still log a job with support I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, K555 said:

Just got a 42% heat kuva brakk so i valence transferred my old 27% one into it and the catalyst didn't carry over(i know i said forma in title but thats because its happened to a mate of mine as well)

You do realise that Forma and Potatoes do not transfer over right? You must transfer into the one that has them. If you did not do this, you are 100% at fault and there is no bug.

Quote

*PS: It matters which order you Valence Fuse them in. The weapon that you START from, the one where you click "Actions", is the one that will be kept with its investments.

Empyrean 27.10.1

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, K555 said:

DE should make it go both ways this is gonna happen too much but yea im at fault 

But why? You get the same bonuses regardless. You just have to use the one with the enhancements. The picture DE shows is pretty clear about what will happen. It states that the weapon with Forma will be consumed.

879c6d6bc3e8fcde216e2fa7c2379540.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, krc473 said:

But why? You get the same bonuses regardless. You just have to use the one with the enhancements. The picture DE shows is pretty clear about what will happen. It states that the weapon with Forma will be consumed.

879c6d6bc3e8fcde216e2fa7c2379540.JPG

Well it's called "valence TRANSFER" so i expect it to transfer not just be completely completely consumed its a little misleading

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (XB1)Rez090 said:

It's called valence fusion, not transfer. Stop with pre-27.1.0 thinking.

 If it was valence fusion youd have to type fusion not transfer, the screenshot above proves that also no need to act all smug ya know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, K555 said:

 If it was valence fusion youd have to type fusion not transfer, the screenshot above proves that also no need to act all smug ya know

The person was correct. It is called “Valence Fusion”.

Quote

First introduced in 26.0.6, Valence Transfer, now re titled Valence Fusion for clarity,

Stop looking for excuses. This is not DE’s fault in the slightest. You didn’t read the information given to you. I don’t believe DE could make it more clear - if people aren’t going to read the information provided now, why would more help?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, krc473 said:

The person was correct. It is called “Valence Fusion”.

Stop looking for excuses. This is not DE’s fault in the slightest. You didn’t read the information given to you. I don’t believe DE could make it more clear - if people aren’t going to read the information provided now, why would more help?

both parties are at fault. valence fusion ui is trash. ive seen much better ui's for item fusion/transfer in many different games. DE took the laziest way out here. it should also not even be possible to lose both forma spent and catalyst. even if the user made the wrong combo forma and catalyst should transfer period.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sure, DE announced it, but we don't all pour over the patch notes.  It should state explicitly in-game "Hey, this weapon has a Catalyst and X Forma installed, those will not be added to this weapon upon fusion." Or, you know, make it so that it does transfer forma over and let the player apply so many polarity changes to the weapon as per the consumed forma.

Did DE release a functioning system to fuse Kuva weapons into eachother? Yes. Is it well communicated to the player in-game? No. Is it fair that you only get the forma from one of the weapons? Some would ask why one was formaing two different versions of the same kuva weapon.

Edited by KochDerFrettchen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think for the sake of clarity, and just looking better the UI could be improved to incorporate an icon of the outcome weapon after the fusion. the icon will include a potato should it have one, and the forma count should it have any, and if you hover over it, you will see the name, and stats of the weapon with the old damage bonus compared to the new one. The text box imo is clear enough, but it looks ugly, and lazy. 

That said it does need to more-or-less work the way it does now, otherwise how would fusing 2 weapons with different forma counts work? Especially when one or both weapons have polarity in every slot. How would it work when there's only 9 slots and collectively more than 9 forma? And logistics isn't a solution. "logically nobody would put collectively 10 or more forma between 2 kuva weapons." It is possible, so someone would do i out of curiosity. What would even happen if there is no system in place to deal with this sort of situation 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ScarecroM said:

That said it does need to more-or-less work the way it does now, otherwise how would fusing 2 weapons with different forma counts work? Especially when one or both weapons have polarity in every slot. How would it work when there's only 9 slots and collectively more than 9 forma? And logistics isn't a solution. "logically nobody would put collectively 10 or more forma between 2 kuva weapons." It is possible, so someone would do i out of curiosity. What would even happen if there is no system in place to deal with this sort of situation 

Weapon A (5 forma + catalyst) + Weapon B (0 forma) = Weapon C (forma/catalyst retained)

Weapon A (2 forma) + Weapon B (5 forma + catalyst) = Weapon C the first 2 forma from weapon A are retained and the next 3 from weapon B are added (catalyst retained).

forma and catalyst should never be lost. it is ridiculous to even allow it to be possible.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, krc473 said:

The person was correct. It is called “Valence Fusion”.

Stop looking for excuses. This is not DE’s fault in the slightest. You didn’t read the information given to you. I don’t believe DE could make it more clear - if people aren’t going to read the information provided now, why would more help?

Dude go up and see how i literally said im at fault? Im not looking for excuses its called feedback that DE should put in the game so this doesn't happen to others because ya know this is the feedback part of the forums 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Weapon A (2 forma) + Weapon B (5 forma + catalyst) = Weapon C the first 2 forma from weapon A are retained and the next 3 from weapon B are added (catalyst retained).

forma and catalyst should never be lost. it is ridiculous to even allow it to be possible.

This make-a no sense-a, you still lost-a 2 forma.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Weapon A (5 forma + catalyst) + Weapon B (0 forma) = Weapon C (forma/catalyst retained)

Weapon A (2 forma) + Weapon B (5 forma + catalyst) = Weapon C the first 2 forma from weapon A are retained and the next 3 from weapon B are added (catalyst retained).

forma and catalyst should never be lost. it is ridiculous to even allow it to be possible.

So do players just get a pop-up saying "insert a bunch of polarities now", or do they have to level them again, or what?

The first problem that springs to mind for me is that Kuva weapons gain more Ranks to complete each time they get a new Forma (up to 5), so if people had multiple of a weapon, they could deliberately forma them all separately and then combine them, to avoid the extra work of having to gain those additional ranks between 30 and 40. Ranking up 5 weapons to level 32 then combining them requires a decent amount less Affinity than ranking one weapon up to 40.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

So do players just get a pop-up saying "insert a bunch of polarities now", or do they have to level them again, or what?

The first problem that springs to mind for me is that Kuva weapons gain more Ranks to complete each time they get a new Forma (up to 5), so if people had multiple of a weapon, they could deliberately forma them all separately and then combine them, to avoid the extra work of having to gain those additional ranks between 30 and 40. Ranking up 5 weapons to level 32 then combining them requires a decent amount less Affinity than ranking one weapon up to 40.

i myself dont like the mechanic in the first place. there is no benefit to having a weapon lvl to 40. its padding. DE doesnt care too much if people skip grind (atleast some times they can be hypocritcal about it) since they offer rushing on crafting and to flat out buy weapons and warframes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Weapon A (5 forma + catalyst) + Weapon B (0 forma) = Weapon C (forma/catalyst retained)

Weapon A (2 forma) + Weapon B (5 forma + catalyst) = Weapon C the first 2 forma from weapon A are retained and the next 3 from weapon B are added (catalyst retained).

forma and catalyst should never be lost. it is ridiculous to even allow it to be possible.

how do you retain forma if for example both weapons have 5 forma? There's only 9 slots including the exilus slot, which would leave one forma that cannot possibly get added. Why should this type of system be made when it would be far easier to simply make the UI have more visual clarity? 

Also forma, and catalysts are consumables. They are extremely easy to obtain in-game for free, and Warframe is in of itself free to play. There's really no good reason why they should be returned, or retained should you mess up when fusing. It's extra development for no real gain on the developer's part.

Edited by ScarecroM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ScarecroM said:

how do you retain forma if for example both weapons have 5 forma? There's only 9 slots including the exilus slot, which would leave one forma that cannot possibly get added. Why should this type of system be made when it would be far easier to simply make the UI have more visual clarity? 

Also forma, and catalysts are consumables. They are extremely easy to obtain in-game for free, and Warframe is in of itself free to play. There's really no good reason why they should be returned, or retained should you mess up when fusing. It's extra development for no real gain on the developer's part.

the first weapons forma is first added then the second ones forma fills the remaining.

forma and catalyst are part of progression thats like if DE changed the affinity system to: everytime you die you lose xp, and if you die enough you lose ranks. progress should always be maintained.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...