Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a "are you sure" to larvaes

K555

I've seen so many people including myself kill the larvae before seeing the weapon out of pure habit from thrall farming and its ended up with me getting some pretty bad things, if you add that to stop this habit ruining the lich farm it would be greatly appreciated by many people

Well... It's just a matter of creating the habit of stopping to think before killing the larvae. Strangely enough I had no issues at being conscious about stopping to check the weapon before deciding if I should kill it or not. Hopefully I'm the rule and not an exception.

Basically I do agree that a prompt should exist, but to prevent newer players from getting in over their heads with Liches. I guess that would fix your case all the same, so win-win.

• Like 2

Well, there is a unique icon, and it's a different styled enemy that doesn't die like normal things.. they wait around to be mercy killed in a way unique to Larvalings and Thralls (which have an aura to distinguish).. and a picture of a lich weapon that shows up over their head.

This reminds me a lot of the situation with Baro. ..Sure, we can find out when he'll arrive at any relay, and he has an icon that gives us a 24 hour count down.. and he sends us an email every single time he shows up to say he's there... but, "When Baro?," still gets typed into region chat about 100 times a day.

I have a feeling that larvalings could have a cutscene with 3, "are you sure?" prompts in increasing brightness and font size, and we'll still have people totally baffled about what exactly they are supposed to do with that information.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Well, there is a unique icon, and it's a different styled enemy that doesn't die like normal things.. they wait around to be mercy killed in a way unique to Larvalings and Thralls (which have an aura to distinguish).. and a picture of a lich weapon that shows up over their head.

This reminds me a lot of the situation with Baro. ..Sure, we can find out when he'll arrive at any relay, and he has an icon that gives us a 24 hour count down.. and he sends us an email every single time he shows up to say he's there... but, "When Baro?," still gets typed into region chat about 100 times a day.

I have a feeling that larvalings could have a cutscene with 3, "are you sure?" prompts in increasing brightness and font size, and we'll still have people totally baffled about what exactly they are supposed to do with that information.

Yea but if uve been doing thrall farms a lot u press x to kill them out of habiting seeing an enemy kneel down u do the same thing, no one really looks at the icon we see an enemy kneeling and parazon them, it doesnt feel any different for a lich

This seems to come up a lot of late, and I still think reusing the "Lich Execution" UI for Larvlings is the way to go. When hitting the Use key on the Larvling, put the player in a similar menu staring down the Larvling. Hold left to "Spare," hold right to "Kill," 10-second timer with "Spare" as default, display the Larvling weapon for the duration. It gives the player a chance to decide, it shows the weapon more clearly and it offers a nice little thematic capstone of the Lich being made the same way it is killed.

5 unwanted lich.. Doing capture  and following a video on youtube, just not paying attention and x the larvae.. 5th lichs.. I'm pissed off x)
So more than 3 hour of cassini canceling no bramma and 5 unwanted liches on the road.. That Time I spend on warframe, I think I gonna use it to download another game x)..
Na, that lich.. she can die from starving... no more warframe before a new update.

On top of that they soaked up my requiem mod..

Edited by AnuKaneDai

il y a une heure, Hobie-wan a dit :

That's all on you there.

Do you drive while texting too?

That a so relevant comparison, it took you a good 30mn to find it and another 30 to wrote your message that bring so much to the topic
Playing a video game and driving got so much in common.

I chained serveral larvae mission to get a weapon, yes i'm tired so I loose focus.
Yes spamming a mission to get that weap you want is freaky annoying

Yes it's really easy to activate a larvae by pure habit with all farming from thralls and capture target.
Yes the mecanic to hold a key to validate an action is used already in warframe

Each unwanted lich is an error punished by 2-3 hours of grinding.

It's not the fault of DE, but it's surely an annoying side consequence of theyr lich update wich could be easely fixed

Make the border of this [  [X]  SPAWN LICH    ] message vibrant and colorful.
Give both the message and lich a light which causes ambient occlusion or a darkening to the 15-20m area radius around them.
Having a spotlight and a bright glow on the Larvaling/message singles them out, giving a distinct visual to pronounce their importance.

Make the finisher more like a 4 second cut-scene.
When you hit X to finisher them, a scene plays of your Warframe walking up to the Larvaling.
A message flashes: "Larvaling: Parazon Finishers transform them to Lich."
A second message for a quick time event: Press any button/key to cancel, disengaging the finisher anywhere during it's animation.
At any time between the 2nd and last second, (so no one cancels from mashing x still) you can back out before it officiates the kill.
*this delay of input in the 1st second is to prevent accidental cancels from still spamming x.

People may find this slow and excessive, but it should resolve any issue... maybe..?

Another idea.. Why not have "INSPECT" key be how we learn the weapon type?
I suppose it doesn't matter if a giant weapon picture pops up, but personally I think it looks a little doofy.
Maybe Consoles can't fit the key map it? Maybe they have an easier option?
Not sure... but that feature is only every utilized in Relays with other Tenno.
(IF) We have the button, might as well use it, right?

Then again, we'll probably have the same problem  as here.. "I didn't know to press the button because I was distracted or busy.")

20 minutes ago, AnuKaneDai said:

chained serveral larvae mission to get a weapon, yes i'm tired so I loose focus.

That is a YOU problem. Even if it was shooting off fire works you'd probably still miss it if you're tired enough. Plus for health reasons you shouldn't be playing video games if you are tired. 

20 minutes ago, AnuKaneDai said:

Yes spamming a mission to get that weap you want is freaky annoying

Do you want to go back to the old way where you have no idea what weapon you're getting?

il y a 31 minutes, (XB1)Shodian a dit :

Do you want to go back to the old way where you have no idea what weapon you're getting?

It will not do a 0.5s mistake that cost me hours of grinding 😉
would be annoying but less frustrating than spamming 10 bad larvae and just slip on x on the 11th bad one.

The actual mecanic is a real improvement, but it also come with an unexpected window for punishing mistake.

4 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

I hate say it, because destiny 2 uses it way too much, but warframe really needs the 'hold to confirm' mechanic D2 uses.

You would then have players mashing the crap out of X wondering, "Why is this not working?!? DE Fix your game!!"

il y a 4 minutes, (XB1)Shodian a dit :

A mistake caused by you for not paying attention. 

That's the principle of mistake, it's something you dont do on purpose.
Being Punished for an error isnt relevant in that case.

That error is way to easy to do, as easy as hidding on that argument "you dont pay attention", but well when you have nothing more to say and still want the last word.
An error more easy to do, when you have, and that's incredible to recall that, press  x big amount of time during lich hunt.
So you press X everytime you have that sepcial ennemy who shows up.
Then you end your lich run, go find a larvae, got that special enemy and press x, and got #*!%ed up and have to press X several more time to close your mistake you just do on the larvae.

Pointing out that I loose my focus after hour of playing rushing mission to end that lich, dont help the current topic

1 hour ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

A mistake caused by you for not paying attention. 

So I am forced to grind 2 hours to get rid of this lich that I accidentally killed because I just let my sight off the screen for a second or I pressed the mercy button by mistake? There is no real disadvantage to include this feature here really, I have seen many people rage quit and never come back for days due to frustation because they stabbed the wrong larvling by accident.