Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Bow Chat

ChaoticEdge

That bomber bow is way to scary to use it for I have to say sorry I hate to say it I am going stay away with 100 feet away from that bow because you know self dmg even you go the mod reduce self dmg it doesn't mean it work on that bow which that I was told by few other players and youtubers.  I hate even more to say and ask why did DE made this scary bow that will be your self-bane which I can't imagine how horror that stupid grineer grunt or infested just jump in front the exploding arrow and just self instance kill which I am going try figure out by asking "why DE you have to add self dmg for it felt like we just rewalk the same issues again with the little weapon that do the hadoken?"...

s-l300.jpgSelf Dmg: Hi 💣

After the wonders of Acceltra's and Kuva Tonkor's safety measures I must say... That bow reminded me with quite the punch of just how bad self damage is on most weapons that do have it. I had forgotten the feeling so much that I ended up blowing myself up 4+ times on the first 2 missions with it. Even the Lenz has a second of warning before the blast.

I still love the hek out of that bow! Let it blast me to higher hell, since it's not like I lose much by reviving!

mood mind blown GIF

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

Just don't shoot it when near enemies? You also only need to be out of the initial explosion as the smaller ones seem to deal reduced or no self damage.

I mean yeah I occasionally one-shot myself with it as well but that's the most action my revives get now that Liches don't kill us.

• Like 3

It's fun to use, but it suffers from the problem of being able to be blocked by teammates, companions, syndicate operatives, specters, ragdolls, etc. It's all fun and games until the suda operative steps in front of you and causes you to wipe yourself from existence. Problem would not exist if projectiles could just go through allies. 

You have to be careful if you use mirage because the offset from her clones means clipping doorways with it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KCToxic said:

You have to be careful if you use mirage because the offset from her clones means clipping doorways with it. 

Or murder the FPS of you and Teammates

Honestly, i can deal with the self damage of the Kuva Bramma (and this is from someone who dies from Explosive Weapons) since it got enough strength to reach high levels to balance out it’s Weaknesses. Epsecially when using Radiation/Viral Hunter Munitions build in it, oh man it can wreck heavily Armored enemies like a boss when combined with Garuda. It don’t like super tight Areas though so that’s the Pistol/Melees become useful if you don’t want to murder yourself. Ancient Healer Specter’s Aura can make the one shots more manageable from the Bramma which is nice. First time i got this Weapon, i was looking for Firestorm and couldn’t find it but after playing with it for a while, it really don’t need it.

• Like 1

the lenz is much "cooler"...ba dam tss

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

How about standing on top of things, like crates so that your vision can't be blocked, and firing from far away as is intended. 

"Hello there, you friendly kavat here to stand in front of you at random times ;D "

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb fuffi2milka:

bow is useless right now. yes, its unbelievable trash!

some noobs suggest to camp somewhere on top. but if you check ammo capacity on wiki you will see "how long" you will camp there. LOL!

Or you know it from practice and notice how much time you've got to collect new ammo between spawns after all that killing. That's if your companion hasn't done that for you already.

Come back when you actually have played with the bow.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb o0Despair0o:

I've killed myself more times with that bow in one mission than I did in total in the past 4 years.

Hits like a truck, both ways.

Harrow's 4 is a nice way to get some extra safe time. Wukong gives you some extra hides and Nezha even survives direct hits with a strong warding halo.

• Like 1

Tip: look straight above you, bullet jump then double jump, so as to reach as high as you can. Then fire the bow on the way down: this should give you a wider angle to spot the group of enemies you want to fire into AND remove the "friendly unit walks into line of fire and causes me to blow myself up" issue.

It's not very practical but I mean, it's a bow that fires explosive arrows: which part of that sounds like "practical"?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Toran:

Or you know it from practice and notice how much time you've got to collect new ammo between spawns after all that killing. That's if your companion hasn't done that for you already.

Come back when you actually have played with the bow.

you are wrong

7 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

That bomber bow is way to scary to use it for I have to say sorry I hate to say it I am going stay away with 100 feet away from that bow because you know self dmg even you go the mod reduce self dmg it doesn't mean it work on that bow which that I was told by few other players and youtubers.  I hate even more to say and ask why did DE made this scary bow that will be your self-bane which I can't imagine how horror that stupid grineer grunt or infested just jump in front the exploding arrow and just self instance kill which I am going try figure out by asking "why DE you have to add self dmg for it felt like we just rewalk the same issues again with the little weapon that do the hadoken?"...

s-l300.jpgSelf Dmg: Hi 💣

What did I just read

With the bramma the small bombs don't deal self damage only the first explosion does. I found that if you miss an enemy and use the massive explosion to kill them you don't kill yourself also shooting up and using the secondary fire to detonate the arrow causing a rain of explosions that won't kill you is a really fun way to kill enemies as long as the ceiling isn't too low. At first I did think that it was going to be a weapon I couldn't use due to it insta killing me but with a little practice it's not to hard to work with. Also the secondary explosions always seem to proc regardless of the status chance not sure why

This weapon is against the current "runners meta" that take missions as speed test for point A to B and not an actual shotting game.

I just love that. Salty runners everywhere that can't handle the common sense of handling this game equivalent of a Bazooka.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vaduj said:

This weapon is against the current "runners meta" that take missions as speed test for point A to B and not an actual shotting game.

I just love that. Salty runners everywhere that can't handle the common sense of handling this game equivalent of a Bazooka.

So much of this is true.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vaduj said:

As a self-styled "runner", you are so so so wrong, my friend! I absolutely cannot WAIT to get my hands on a kuva brammalamma and blast anything in my way from A to B TO SMITHEREENS. We are not so un-skilled as to foolishly self-damage, the skills used to wormhole across tiles accurately and precisely apply PERFECTLY to avoiding self-damage - we know distances by eye and we know timings by heart.

Why would I use a weapon with self damage when I could just run Sayrn or Equinox and blow up enemies in a larger range for the occasional cost of an energy pizza?

I mean even my Excalibur's Exalted Blade does decent hallway crowd control without the downside of dealing infinity+1 damage to myself.

My point being that self damaging weapons are more trouble than they are worth most of the time and the only ones that usually aren't tend to have safety distance priming mechanisms like the Acceletra and the Akarius.

I don't really care if the weapon is good or not, I just care if using it is actually practical. But I suppose it does have one good use, it likely simulates the automatic death that Liches used to inflict very well if you shoot it at your feet.

I ranked mine to 30, forma'd it, and got it back to 26 before I decided to shelve it. My opinion is that it's got a neat firecracker sound, plenty of power, and it kills everything within your field of vision, but it's just kinda boring. I don't care about self-damage--in fact, if I blow myself up, I generally find it hilarious--but it's just not that exciting to use.

Guess I'm just not that in to explosive bows. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Or you could just, you know... be careful where you shoot. 

the issue is it has no accuracy so multi shot can and will screw you over at least according to Amercement that and one of the larger effective radius, slow projectile speed more damage than any frame can handle (I have frames that can survive some of my explosive weapons this one was blowing inaros out of the water) I can see being careful not being enough especially with hyper active team mates (they have killed me more than once when I used the penta or zar) how ever when I get this bow I will definitely use it with my air strike zeph

10 hours ago, KCToxic said:

It's fun to use, but it suffers from the problem of being able to be blocked by teammates, companions, syndicate operatives, specters, ragdolls, etc. It's all fun and games until the suda operative steps in front of you and causes you to wipe yourself from existence. Problem would not exist if projectiles could just go through allies. 

this is pretty much how/when the ogris originally fell out of use when more flying units appeared and abilities on warframes like zephyr/hydroid and more started throwing corpses in your face to explode your shots in your face..