ChaoticEdge

The New Bow Chat

Very good bow...the best now. But if you guys wanna do arbitration better avoid. Choose another weapon....

12 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Or you could just, you know... be careful where you shoot. 

I am always careful shooting things, it just that it is way too common enemies going some weird stray walking direction or either unpredictable general direction which it happens couple time before with the orgras and now the bow is the same thing which If I remember can the team stop the bullet if they deiced to walk up in your face while you just shoot the arrow?  Yea if it does basically your team can troll you good if they can block your bomb arrows which they can do it with that rocket launcher for it doesn't mean your team isn't planning going stop that bomb arrow going the enemy direction.  It just that I find this bit in the point asking why dev you made exploding bomb that touches your ally's body to auto explode for countless time I am not dealing with that type of issues rewalking with the bomb that possible again getting that in your face again.

Litter-y  just I always wonder why the dev never think it is fine for weapon that backfired that could kill you with in 1 shot is a good idea for a balance?

22 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I am always careful shooting things, it just that it is way too common enemies going some weird stray walking direction or either unpredictable general direction which it happens couple time before with the orgras and now the bow is the same thing which If I remember can the team stop the bullet if they deiced to walk up in your face while you just shoot the arrow?  Yea if it does basically your team can troll you good if they can block your bomb arrows which they can do it with that rocket launcher for it doesn't mean your team isn't planning going stop that bomb arrow going the enemy direction.  It just that I find this bit in the point asking why dev you made exploding bomb that touches your ally's body to auto explode for countless time I am not dealing with that type of issues rewalking with the bomb that possible again getting that in your face again.

Litter-y  just I always wonder why the dev never think it is fine for weapon that backfired that could kill you with in 1 shot is a good idea for a balance?

Charge shot > Jump backwards > Shoot

or

Bullet jump up > Aimglide > Charge shot > Shoot

It's really not that hard. It's my strategy for the Lenz and no doubt it'll work just fine with this too when we get it on Switch in 3 years.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Charge shot > Jump backwards > Shoot

or

Bullet jump up > Aimglide > Charge shot > Shoot

It's really not that hard. It's my strategy for the Lenz and no doubt it'll work just fine with this too when we get it on Switch in 3 years.

I am not talking about the Lenz, I am talking about that new bow that bow

220?cb=20200205043350

it isn't penetration type bow which whatever type reason if there is dead body flying towards your direction and you let go the firing bomb arrow and if that body get by that arrow basically it is backfired because this bramma going kill you instead the enemy unless there is some enemies near by you then probably going be derp song playing.  At the time being allies can intercept the arrow head like they can block your bullet if you don't have penetration mods which imagine that arrow hit your teammate like it does with the ogris with it's bullet which it large rod coming toward the enemy but if you have ally standing between you and the enemy they can block it, so if they are close up in your face that will explode in your face so the bramma is going accidentally kill you in the process.

I won't touch it until they either solve the problem with the mod able effect this bow or either remove the self dmg which I will see this bow would be used more like the Lenz bow back then.

They Devs has already said (also it was briefly mentioned on Primetime), a Cautious Shot mod for Bows IS on the way for it, even the devs agreed that it was a bit overkill with the one shot self-kills. 

ANYWAYS: Im playing with the bow atm, I love it and it works like a dream, only downside is that you gotta keep some distance, which works fine as long as you stand back a fair distance and shoot them. Even flinging a shot on the walls helps well as the shrapnels does most of the work and be careful with multishot mods as one stray arrow is all it takes.

It is annoying when a teammate / pet / syndicate bro / a melee enemy / the neighbours cat / your grandma comes strutting by for just a split second and it goes boom in your face and sends you off on a personal "Ragdoll Space Program".

But it works fine for now, I will 100% slap on the Cautious Shot mod when it goes live, but for now: keep the distance, be the space ninja Legolas of your dreams and try to overlook the occasional self-kills until the mod lands on live.

its the first time i can actually justify using a weapon with self damage. its the first one that makes it worth using thanks to its ridicilous damage output. if it did not have self damage it would be way too op even for this game.

On 2020-02-06 at 11:27 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Or you could just, you know... be careful where you shoot. 

I can't tell you how many times teammates have bullet jumped straight through me while I'm on top of a box causing me to kill myself, starting to think they're doing it on purpose. :B

Its bombardment timeeeeeeeee 

Does anyone feel like he is in a michael bay movie? XD

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

its the first time i can actually justify using a weapon with self damage. its the first one that makes it worth using thanks to its ridicilous damage output. if it did not have self damage it would be way too op even for this game.

This.

Finally got around using the Kuva Bramma. 4 formas later, i can say, this bow, is the clear definition, of High Risk - High Rewards. The damage output is tremendous, level 100 eximus units, decimated with just one arrow. Corrosive+blast pretty much can clear any room regardless of what faction you are against. Want scaling? try a full Viral + Hunter munitions build, it is just insane. One wrong shot tho, and you are gonna be flying to the moon. Shred/Primed Shred can only save you a few times (the PT can really save you from those nasty doors)

DE finally nailed it with this self damage weapon. While very dangerous to use, it rewards you with a glorious explosions that clear an entire room in just one shot.

Calling this weapon trash only because of the dangers it poses to use it, is just being a bit uninformed, or not having used the weapon at all because, self damage. Give it a try, be cautious with your shots, be aware of the explosion radius, the cluster bombs don't do self damage. And the sound, omg the sound of this weapon, is just brilliant, the whistle the arrow makes before lading destruction, the explosion sound really powerful and satisfying. This weapon is just being wrongfully criticized as a bad weapon only for the self damage.

Kuva Bramma is now my favorite weapon in the game 🙂

• Like 2

It's not that bad. The damage it does actually makes it worth to use.

I just wish some objects would have better hitboxes. Sometimes you can blow yourself up because a wall or whatever has a bigger hitbox than you think.

Im telling you this, your best bet is to run a Kavat because your arrows fly past it and enemy that fly at you will become your best friends. 🙂

What it needs is to be more like the Lenz, so you have a quick second to escape the killing final explosion. If the Lenz did not have a delay to the kill hit, it would just as good as the Kuva Boom.

Edited by kwlingo

Am 7.2.2020 um 15:05 schrieb fuffi2milka:

you are wrong

Killing a group of L170 Eximus Bombards with but three shots is sooo wrong and still feels so right.

Gerade eben schrieb Toran:

Killing a group of L170 Eximus Bombards with but three shots is sooo wrong and still feels so right.

yes, you are very wrong. only you play against enemies that dont attack and dont move and nothing blocks your shots.

take a cup of reality and we can continue.

All I know is that I see it in every 3rd mission. It's too popular now to give any topic about it much thought.

I just love seeing some people instantly say explosive weapons were shjtty the moment they knew those weapons have self-damage.

May Gods and Goddesses from all nearly 200 countries bless their souls.

• Like 1

Its a shame that Firestorm cant be equipped on it, but overall its a Hoot to use.

• Like 1

vor 19 Minuten schrieb fuffi2milka:

yes, you are very wrong. only you play against enemies that dont attack and dont move and nothing blocks your shots.

take a cup of reality and we can continue.

Man, you're working really hard on a dumb image...

To all others, who try to get something fruitful out of this troll conversation: just glue the enemies to the ceiling or a wall with Nidus, problem solved.

Wow nobody knows about revenant-self damage interaction? While mesmer skin is active, you cant die from self damage. Just sayin 

This bow has three very good niche points.

Assimilate Nyx.  

If you silence it and put it on Ivara you can clear rooms.  This works on other invis frames as well.  

PoE and OV are great places to use this bow.  

Also.  You want a good time???

Go to any defense mission (there are a few that suck)   

Charge up Zephyrs 1.   Hover for the entire time and rain down bombs of death.

Edited by Hexsing
  • Like 1

Laughs in Revenant, forever shooting at my feet while obliterating everything around me... but also forever with 2 hp

Am im the only one who uses this bow with Frost prime? because avalanche 100% armor removal = I am destroyer of  worlds? Very satisfying, i suggest you try that interaction 🙂 or just slap Ice wave impendance, slow enemies to a snail, shoot, and boom.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Yakhul:

Am im the only one who uses this bow with Frost prime? because avalanche 100% armor removal = I am destroyer of  worlds? Very satisfying, i suggest you try that interaction 🙂 or just slap Ice wave impendance, slow enemies to a snail, shoot, and boom.

normal frost was my favorite warframe in 2013/2014. even if he wasnt the best or what ever. i still like him but i cant enjoy slow sprint speed.

which missions are you playing? because outside arbitrations or long (and unrewarding) surv you dont need such high damage or armor removal. without armor even kuva agris will clear rooms in no time. in team you get auras and buffs. mele kills heavy units without danger and quick enough. and remember that frost can buff with cold damage.

i use viral (primed cryo). with frost cold dmg buff i would kill high levels before you can even cast avalance.

Its fun, but situational.

Obviously self damage is a drawback but the relative inaccuracy, spread, and lack of ammo all make it less suitable outside mob cleaning.

On 2020-02-07 at 6:14 AM, Psianide73 said:

I've had no issues with it.

Are y'all just running around like loons spamming the fire button?

From what I've seen in the field, the answer is a big "yes"!

I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other on this weapon. I still think AoE weapons of any sort are very heavily over-represented in the game and are way too strong compared to single target weapons. Self-damage offsets this somewhat, but it's still a rabbit hole DE shouldn't be going down.