Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transferring progress from xbox one to PC

(XBOX)Laytfoxy

Question

6 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Laytfoxy said:

Thanks. I wonder how long we'll have to wait. I don't want to start over((

It's going to take some time. From what I understand (based on Steve's streams anyway), their infrastructure is fairly complex, so they want to do it without messing everything up (and the more stuff they add into the game, the more complex it gets). Plus, there's the obvious challenge of getting Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo to allow this all to happen (though, now that Sony is being a bit nicer with this, I'm assuming that this part won't be as difficult).

Edited by (NSW)MasterJ93

3 minutes ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

This is one of those things that has been on DE's to-do list for literal years, and just keeps getting postponed.

Uhm... not really?
Last year they started talking about the POSSIBILITY of cross-progress of some sorts. They never said they WILL do it. They said, they would like to do it if it's worth the effort and time. Nothing was ever postponed.

1 minute ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

It's going to take some time. From what I understand (based on Steve's streams anyway), their infrastructure is fairly complex, so they want to do it without messing everything up (and the more stuff they add into the game, the more complex it gets). Plus, there's the obvious challenge of getting Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo to allow this all to happen (though, now that Sony is being a bit nicer with this, I'm assuming that that part won't be as difficult).

They also have to figure out things like platinum and platform-specific skins (jade skins on XBox...)

Edited by WhiteMarker