Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

mastery rank 19 test need to be reworked

(PSN)phazonman

mastery rank 19 is basically the following: you must free an hostage by destroying 6 orbs without getting spotted , if you get spotted you fail.

the problem is that this is supposed to be a rescue mission or a stealth rescue mission , however the way the test force you to play is not how players do stealth nor do rescue mission , and trust me those are the quality words of someone who don't play with dev privilege

for stealth: i'm not kidding when i say that i never saw any player use stealth , all the players i met just rush in and kill everything that dare dream and spawn as an ennemy , not to mention the test version of stealth is incredibly outdated (then again it's been there for a while so) stealth is no longer just about melee kills , you can use silent weapons or even use mods to make your weapons silent , you can use the operator void mode or warframe abilities , stealth as evolved in general and this test need to evolve too.

rescue missions: like i said earlier i never saw any player use stealth , all the players i met just rush in and kill everything that dare dream and spawn as an ennemy , rescue missions are not different players just rush in the holding area as soon as the door open and rush into the cell area to free the hostage as fast as possible(sometime they nuke the ennemies)

so with that i see 2 ways this test could be reworked

1: update the test stealth mechanic

2: make it an actual rescue mission instead of having this failed attempt of a stealth mission that you keep failing because an ennemy 2 floors above you spotted you from miles away (wich is not something that happen normally in warframe anyway even in open worlds like poe or ov)

overall i just wish it was updated before the few months of life i have left in this world expire so i can leave this world without having to face the fact that i got stuck on a poorly designed test

Edited by (PS4)phazonman
  • Like 1

like the rank 9 test, i guess it could get done with bunnyhop wisp the easy way

and yes it isnt like a real rescue ... and no not everyone just rush in and nuke, i like rescues without triggering without nuking, just for the sake of roleplay

il y a 16 minutes, Shonaney a dit :

like the rank 9 test, i guess it could get done with bunnyhop wisp the easy way

and yes it isnt like a real rescue ... and no not everyone just rush in and nuke, i like rescues without triggering without nuking, just for the sake of roleplay

this is pretty flawed as to you need to melee the orb to destroy them so the moment you'd land to hit an orb you'd be fully visible and would be spotted really quick due to ennemies reacting way faster than normal in this test

• Like 1

Stealth as a whole needs to be reworked : Back then you could at least try to achieve these tests without necessarily needing perma invisibility, but now that they changed their vision cone (makes sense from a gameplay standpoint in an open world tileset,not in the rest of the game), this is next to impossible to do without cheesing it!

They killed Redeemer, then stealth affinity, now enemies have eagle eyes & staying crouched doesn't help anymore...Something needs to be done-reversed, but it can't stay like this?!

il y a 6 minutes, unknow99 a dit :

Stealth as a whole needs to be reworked : Back then you could at least try to achieve these tests without necessarily needing perma invisibility, but now that they changed their vision cone (makes sense from a gameplay standpoint in an open world tileset,not in the rest of the game), this is next to impossible to do without cheesing it!

They killed Redeemer, then stealth affinity, now enemies have eagle eyes & staying crouched doesn't help anymore...Something needs to be done-reversed, but it can't stay like this?!

agreed the main problem with de is that they tend to ignore older things to instead focus on more recent stuff , the finest example of this being conclave wich at this point is a totally different world

i think the best solution to this would be to have a 2nd team wich fix older problems while de can focus on the recent stuff

Edited by (PS4)phazonman

il y a 30 minutes, (PS4)phazonman a dit :

agreed the main problem with de is that they tend to ignore older things to instead focus on more recent stuff , the finest example of this being conclave wich at this point is a totally different world

i think the best solution to this would be to have a 2nd team wich fix older problems while de can focus on the recent stuff

EXACTLY. That would be exactly the direction needed to avoid building a card castle without good foundations! (and we know what happens when the base of a card castle isn't solid enough)

They and a majority of the community suffer too much from the "shiny object syndrome" : some old stuff rot in a corner BUT LOOK, LICHES / RAILJACK / NEW OPEN WORLD MAP!

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)phazonman:

this is pretty flawed as to you need to melee the orb to destroy them so the moment you'd land to hit an orb you'd be fully visible and would be spotted really quick due to ennemies reacting way faster than normal in this test

then why not kill all the enemys first? ... i did the test with wisp & paracesis right before that post within 5 min

maybe the latest changes also work:

Zitat

NPCs now have about a second of delay before being able to perceive other players or NPCs that come out of invisibility, regardless of alert state. Previously, combat-state enemies would near instantly retarget in such cases.

il y a 10 minutes, Shonaney a dit :

then why not kill all the enemys first? ... i did the test with wisp & paracesis right before that post within 5 min

WOW how recent is this change?!! o.0 (I stopped playing about a month ago out of frustration from stealth)

Does it make sneaking around with visible frames bearable? 

il y a 15 minutes, Shonaney a dit :

well if you tryhard your way throught it that's not the same thing as trying to do it like it wants you to

Edited by (PS4)phazonman

il y a une heure, --Aegis--TaDoogThtWas a dit :

If you use Enemy Radar Mods it can make it so much easier. I used Wisp with both the Aura and Exilus Enemy Radar Mods and my Galatine Prime and finished it pretty easily.

That definitely helps BUT the thing is : apart from having a silent melee weapon, anything else shouldn't feel mandatory...

It's a stealth test, not a ''equipX mod + X weapon" test.

Edited by unknow99

• 3 weeks later...