Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I completed The Sacrifice in July of 2018 but I became an Umbra Main two days ago...

(XBOX)VailTaetum

We've been in Minneapolis since Sunday night with appointments at the hospital every day this week. Little V is currently napping while he gets his ERT in the outpatient clinic. Friday is a long day of surgical procedures. 

The flight and airports were exceedingly empty but still terrifying. It was a strange experience, more stressful than anything I've done.

I hope you're all well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow my wife and son check into the hospital. Chemo starts Wednesday. We've been in a new city 3 weeks now, half a country away from home. With COVID going on my daughter and I can't visit my wife and son while they're in the hospital. It's so strange - they will be less than 10 minutes away but we won't be able to hug them. 

Little V recovered from his surgeries great. We shaved his head a couple days ago to prepare us for them chemo. 

Tell the people around you/close to you how much you care. 

Stay safe Tenno.

• Like 1

I'm on the clean ward with him now, gave the wife a break. He is so small in this giant bed and there so many lines/tubes connecting him to his chemo meds. I've changed hundreds of diapers since becoming a father but now I have to double-glove because of them drugs going into him and coming out. He has to get tons of saline to help flush his kidneys and bladder (one of the drugs is highly toxic to those organs). 

We're only a few days in and I'm already longing for him to grab my hand, say "Chaiw" and lead me downstairs.

I hope for the best and understand what you are going through. 
I would normally tell more, of my feelings, my own experiences with the passing of loved ones, but no. 

We do our duty to fight for them. Every last minute. And we remember them. 
Keep up the good fight, Tenno.

Wrapped up chemo yesterday, started his stem cell infusion 10 minutes ago. I was on the ward with him from Saturday through Wednesday. Only 1 caregiver is allowed on the ward with him because of COVID and his sister isn't allowed in the hospital. My kids haven't seen each other face to face in a week. Little V is on a host of immunosuppressive drugs and they'll be watching him like a hawk for rejection. If we're very lucky we'll all be home in 100 days.

• Like 1

I've been back with him on the ward since Monday. He laughed during DE Dani's Tuesday stream. Don't remember what it was but he laughed hard.

This morning they had to up his pain meds so he could get comfortable and he's been fading in and out of sleep his 9:30 this morning. It is so strange how his day to day can change so dramatically. The doctors say this is normal and he's doing great, all things considered. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's been over a month since I updated folks here, focused on being with the family. Lil V got discharged 21 days after transplant because he was (and still is) making recovery look easy. Last Sunday he had to be readmitted for a fever due to infection and we've been back on the ward since. It is hopeful we will be discharged again tomorrow as long as he doesn't spike a fever overnight. He's happy and playful and loves to pull Warframe up on my Switch. If everything goes well we could be back home a month from now, but more likely the second week of August. 

• Like 1