Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Iron Skin and other Warframe abilities override melee blocking..

JustCallMeOnyx

A few Warframe abilities override the 100% damage negation from blocking.

-Rhino's Iron Skin will take all 100% of the damage that Melee blocking should negate.

-Nezha's Warding Halo will take 90% of the damage that Blocking should negate.

-Gauss's Kinetic Plating still takes additional charge from his battery when Melee Blocking.

-Revenant's Mesmer Skin will still lose a charge from enemy fire when Melee Blocking - which may or may not be preferable, I do not play Revenant that often.

I have also tested multiple timed damage reduction abilities such as Mesa's Shatter Shield (95% dmg reduction), Gara's Splinter Storm (90% dmg reduction), and Mirage's Eclipse (95% dmg reduction). These timed abilities do not affect Melee Blocking.

The point of Melee Blocking is to negate damage to the Warframe entirely, so these abilities taking damage even when Blocking seems counter-intuitive.

Below are 2 simple videos showing different abilities' interaction with Blocking

Rhino: Pay attention to melee combo counter, the Blocking animation, and Iron Skin health

Notice how the Melee Blocking animation stopped entirely when the Iron Skin absorption phase was over, the melee combo counter stopped increasing, and how Iron Skin still took 100% damage.

Nezha, Mesa, Gara: Pay attention to Nezha's Warding Halo and the damage absorption from Avenging Truth (looks like a + in the top right)

Notice how the damage absorption rate decreased significantly when Nezha's Warding Halo was active, and how Mesa and Gara did not change the damage absorption rate.

I'm looking forward to upcoming updates and your continued development of Warframe

• Like 1

Similar deal for Cautious Shot'd self damage, I can have, say, a 20k Iron Skin active
and my Kuva Ogris, which would usually deplete less than 100 Shields, just insta-pops that entire 20k.

Actually, I think Iron Skin and also the Icy Avalanche protection layer might furthermore take extra damage from Blast or something,
e.g. explosive barrels always seemed to deplete quite a bit more than they should for the respective level range of the mission.

56 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Similar deal for Cautious Shot'd self damage, I can have, say, a 20k Iron Skin active
and my Kuva Ogris, which would usually deplete less than 100 Shields, just insta-pops that entire 20k.

Actually, I think Iron Skin and also the Icy Avalanche protection layer might furthermore take extra damage from Blast or something,
e.g. explosive barrels always seemed to deplete quite a bit more than they should for the respective level range of the mission.

If iron skin and such abilities override that as well then its not just about melee blocking. It's about the abilities as a whole taking priority over all other types of damage reduction, good add-on to this thread. I didn't even think about icy avalanche

Edited by AugurQuietus
thought of more things to say