[DE]Rebecca

Why Do We UI Like We UI: Part II?

3 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

This holds true for even PC players if they want to use a controller, I'd imagine.  Could totally be wrong about that.

This is one of the few shooters I actually prefer a controller with though, and before I get crucified, let me explain.  I have a controller with paddles on the back, and my setup lets me have everything movement and motion-wise that PC other than aim sensitivity (and the aforementioned issue), all without having to kill my wrist bullet jumping.  I find the position you hold your hand in to use shift/space/WASD all at the same time to be extremely uncomfortable.  I just wish I could reload without it trying to do 400 other things.

Yeah, it's the same for PC+controller players: I used a Microsoft Elite Controller on PC, and an app that let me map commands to the 4 paddles. It was great, but I still needed to have context and reload on the same button.

Unfortunately, the controller analog sensor on the left stick wore out and rather than cough up another $150 bucks or do surgery on the damn thing, I switched to mouse + keyboard. 

I do prefer controllers for shooters in general, though. More comfortable. 

On 2020-02-08 at 12:16 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

End of Mission
As we work on the re-design of this screen, we will ensure there is an expanded version of the screen you can access. Once you choose this expanded version, the game will remember it and only present you with this version of the screen for future missions, until you choose to collapse it again. We are still working on mockups for this which will come in a future Workshop or Devstream! 

You know, i have idea... We have 10 seconds at mission end of whatever it used for... You can skip it solo, but not in group. If you really can't get rid of it, make it usefull. Just let it be 10 seconds of shinee showoff.

Aaaand, if you really collect some metadata... Just left even less space, but flood it with IMPORTANT data. For example,

• if you pick mod first time
  • how many of resourses/credits you get. Based on most wanted resourses everybody farm.
  • How many Focus you collect by schools, not specific weapon
  • If weapon get 3+ rank show it small icon and diff. Why not always? Becouse then you not powerleveling, that's doesnt really matter.
  • Same time, show if weapon hit rank 30. For forma and mastery. With a cool animation. Couse it's matter.
  • E t.c. If you love the idea, just PM me, i will try to provide all cases, and even rank em by imprortancy.

ACTUALLY it will be win-win situation. This 10 seconds now nearly useless. But, if you try a bit, we all can be happy. Who need detailed info will get it nice and ez, who don't... Actually everybody will be pleased, then you able to get info what you need fast. And DE will have this comercial for cosmetic. Let's pretend i do not spend more time coloring frames that an average mission last. So yes, it will be cool if FASHIONFRAME will get some attention.

P.S. So, 10 seconds of cool animation (and yes, please, if even ability screens have this S#&$, just make it COOL ANIMATIONS. At least use idle) with maybe even less space for info, but you should do some work and this be really wanted info. And after you are on Liset, you have detailed stats with button to back for "useless" screen.

Yeah just wanted to mirror some other sentiments, I'd been really down on Warframe towards the end of last year, I could live with the bugs, but the massive amounts of RNG on Lich and Railjack weapons without a clear path to reaching a "finish point", was really sapping my will to play. The recent lich update, and now the UI changes really speak to them starting to listen to their playerbase again, which is amazing and really picks me up and renews my love for the game.

• Like 1

Hold to confirm = good.

Related to UI:

I miss the old diorama loading screen, so I am happy to see something similar returning in the new end of mission screen. 

I think the value of the diorama is hard to quantify, but for me, it helped create a sense of teamwork and community between myself and the other random players in the team. It also was a great way to show off and admire fashion frame. Being able to press WASD keys to control the flight of my orbiter in the new load screen is kind of nice, but the orbiter seems more or less detached from regular gameplay compared to seeing my Warframe holding a gun in a protective pose with three other tenno, surrounding a crypod. Those scenes looked great. I know this wasn't something you guys were talking about, but I figure this is the best time to bring it up. Thanks for reading and thanks for all your continued efforts to improve the game and it's UI.

Edited by Flying_Scorpion

Posting this here since this is where the eyes are apparently:

"Hide Owned" should hide blueprints that you've crafted.

• Like 2

for the record I never had a problem with "hold to confirm" and my suspicion is that people reacted badly to it because they don't like change. it's such an inconsequential thing in a lot of cases, so I don't get why people hated it so much. I can't wait to see the changes the game undertakes in the future

I'm glad they are looking at controller fine tuning. One of the worst is trying to select secondary colors in the arsenal appearance with a controller cursor.The console has suffered ever since the start of the UI updates. Maybe they can hot key other controller buttons in the menu to most used menus. Like re-adding the Y key to the squad menu for the xbox one. I have a question! Is Warframe getting ready to port to next generation consoles?

Edited by (XB1)A Wasted Muffin

While you're at it, you might want to put "Hold to confirm" on Kuva larvlings to prevent accidental Lich creation.

• Like 1

lol not to be disrespectful, but this sort of just makes it feel like all we really need to do in order to effect change is to get some popular streamer or youtuber like Brozime to complain about something.

6 hours ago, Kavukamari said:

for the record I never had a problem with "hold to confirm" and my suspicion is that people reacted badly to it because they don't like change. it's such an inconsequential thing in a lot of cases, so I don't get why people hated it so much. I can't wait to see the changes the game undertakes in the future

Have you ever had to clear out your inventory in Destiny, where you must hold to confirm each of the items, along with increased delay dependent on the item's rarity?

Yeah, it's not fun.

20 minutes ago, HomicidalGrouse said:

Have you ever had to clear out your inventory in Destiny, where you must hold to confirm each of the items, along with increased delay dependent on the item's rarity?

Yeah, it's not fun.

Yeah but Warframe has that nice function that is called multiple selection in the inventory. So while too much holding would be bad some in strategic place are helpful for consoles users with keys that do a lot of different things.

Not sure how I feel about removing the hold to confirm from avionics and intrinsics. They worked there so I don't really see much reason to change them (consistency yes, but a weaker solution for consistency's sake is still kinda eh), plus as you make your way from earth to veil and then continue to upgrade your railjack that makes for potentially a lot of times you need to upgrade various things, including yourself. If you remove all those instances and replace them instead with confirmation boxes, that I feel will be too much.

Can we have "On Sale" and more filters on the store now that it's being redone?

• Like 1

On 2020-02-07 at 9:31 PM, Fruchtpudding said:

The weapon UI looks great! Now all we need to make this screen perfect is getting rid of the diorama with the frame and replacing it with just the weapon model on your chosen UI background that we can rotate and zoom as we please.

The Leverian's way of handling object inspection could be copied as a basis for inspecting every item.

Also, in relation:

Spoiler

-The ability to preview multiple cosmetics simultaneously would be great (even just being able to colour them while previewing would be an improvement).
Same would go with ships.

-Hiding the 'purchase with plat' on everything that is able to be crafted (except for essentials-for-starters, with recommendations like weapon/frame slots) for people until they complete their first trade or commit a plat purchase as to better guide new players, and ensure they don't just fork out a dozen plat on stuff that can be obtained more easily.
Visual change that would be required: Anything that is plat-only or currency-only would be hidden until a trade or plat purchase is made. Even then, items outside of the owned plat would remain hidden until/unless you acquire that amount of plat.

-Making it easier to see where weapons can be found instead of hiding the thing in the blueprint section and outright showing the blueprint requirements may help newer players plan ahead when gathering resources.
The blueprint requirements should appear right next to the stats.

-Conclave; loadout selection still cannot accommodate more than 10 loadouts. Irrelevant to this topic: a lot of weapons and Warframes are not yet optimized. A suggestion on Kuva/custom weapon implementation: Use unchanged Conclave base-version stats, but with a small skewer to the bonus stat's type. Suggested: restrict Conclave Warframe powers to two - one attack/defense/boost/heal-related power, and one 'special ability' (i.e: Slash-dash, Exalted Blade).

add a "show only owned" at the arsenal, i am tired of seeing weapons and warframes that i sold becasue i already mastered or weapons that do not intrest me

Edited by GStarPrime

I would love a UI upgrade the the inventory screen were we have more options for sorting, like just looking at our warframe parts, weapon parts. Pretty much like the founder is. Would make things much easier to keep track of.

• Like 2

On 2020-02-07 at 10:16 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

‘Hold to Confirm’ Experiment.
We are removing this experimental interaction in most cases - it’s only staying in real-time combat scenarios to prevent accidental clicking.

You know what would be an excellent real-time combat scenario to put this into? Kuva Larvlings. It's way to easy to stab them when you didn't mean to, and tthere's nothing that makes me want to play your game less than accidentally condemning myself to hours upon hours of tedious, fruitless grind with one stray button press.

Not sure if mentioned already, but movable ui objects would be nice. Like dragging your own and groups health bars to different location.

4 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

You know what would be an excellent real-time combat scenario to put this into? Kuva Larvlings. It's way to easy to stab them when you didn't mean to, and tthere's nothing that makes me want to play your game less than accidentally condemning myself to hours upon hours of tedious, fruitless grind with one stray button press.

I believe they have added this in the latest update. Either that of they have talked about doing so with the larvalings.

7 hours ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

I believe they have added this in the latest update. Either that of they have talked about doing so with the larvalings.

They have not.

Finally, REAL improvements to the interface.

T H A N K  Y O U !

@[DE]Rebecca since you are set in improving the interface and the user experience ( for all but especially new players ) consider Brozime's suggestion to improve Star Char.

Video timestamps of the suggestions, yes you just implemented like half the suggestions in that video, so PLEASE implement the best one the star chart search.

8:22 - What type of mission each one is, adding a word with the mission type (Ex: Capture) after the node name.

17:11 - The very BEST suggestion I've ever seen. Add a search box to top of the star chart that allows you to search for a mission type, missions that drops an item/mod/etc without wasting time alt tabbing the game to go to the wiki or asking someone.

I'm mind blow why this doesn't exist since it would improve user experience exponentially and save so much time. 

Spoiler

cheers

My little 2 cents on the "Abilities" screen - why would i need to bother with this:

5wY9Rn9.jpg

If I can use this:

1MP9Utq.jpg

Basically there is more information in the arsenal than in the abilities screen (bar the passive and tips), which essentially makes abilities screen obsolete. Pin the passive above abilities and tips under them, remove separate screen - same result.

If i want to see each abilities separately there are already 2 places for that - modding screen and general load out screen, there is no need for 3rd instance of the same "dialogue". When those 2 options are available the only reason to go to the abilities screen is to see all stats at the same time, and it is woefully designed to prevent such possibility, which is odd. 

• Like 1