Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do We UI Like We UI: Part II?

[DE]Rebecca

On 2020-02-11 at 6:48 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Controller Request

Please! If you wanna improve controller function for console and PC then PLEASE allow us to assign gear wheel stuff to the ABILITY menu buttons.

R1+face buttons are how we cast abilities by default.  R1+L1 is how I open tactical menu in RJ.   But being able to assign gear wheel stuff to all the R1+buttons (d-pad, shoulder, touchpad) would DRASTICLY improve controller users lives.  

🙏

Got to admit, this is a good idea on paper. Not sure how that would feel in game, but trying to give controller users more hotkey options would be welcome.

On 2020-02-09 at 12:50 PM, HomicidalGrouse said:

Have you ever had to clear out your inventory in Destiny, where you must hold to confirm each of the items, along with increased delay dependent on the item's rarity?

Yeah, it's not fun.

huh i didnt know about that, i can see why that would be annoying

On 2020-02-14 at 9:48 AM, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

Not sure I understand your issue, can you post a screenshot?

Just look at almost anything on display. You have no control over the camera and most you can't see from calf down as it pans around at its own convenience.

Especially the syndicate new loka seed ornament is not even in the picture!

If we are talking about the market, there should be more filters:

• Hide Owned (Applies to Warframes, Weapons, Skins, Sentinels, Syandana but NOT Ressources, Forma, etc)
  • Hide Mastered (Applies to Warframes, Weapons, Sentinels)
  • Sort by MR

Just my 2 cents.

Please give us the possibilty to edit (modify) the ingame HUD locally, move things around and add optional things?.

• Why can't I have the HP and squad HP container on the LEFT side of the screen - it's (probably) HTML/LUA so <div class="hp_container" align="left"> should do?
  • Why can't I move the weapon info (Magazine amount / Reserve) near the crosshair reticle and resize it smaller so it tacks around nicely?
  • Why can't I resize the minimap window? I want to have a square instead of a rectangle ( <div class="minimap" align="left" height="200px" width="200px"> ) and the main map just makes me nauseous.
  • TBH.. We all play on 16:9, while the effective view due to eye FOV is 4:3 and most of the Info ends up in peripheral view. Unless you have mastered the Art, you have to move your eyes around the screen.
  • There should be a warning, when an important element is missing "Your HUD Canvas is missing the following important elements: "Health", "Squad Health". Do you really want to accept the changes?"
  • WYSIWYG is the key.

PSA: for controllers - UI problems/fixes are separate from ongoing gameplay controller issues related to content updates

On 2020-02-18 at 12:44 PM, Marshall_Necrone said:

Xbox controllers on PC seem to be having various issues. Most notably the independent sliders for controller sensitivity are not affecting the controller which are only tied to the normal sensitivity sliders. This makes the controllers far too sensitive and veering all over the place. Additionally the xbox controller seems to softlock while working gunner seats in railjack every time I open a menu. If this is a problem other controller players are having please investigate. Thank you.

On 2020-02-18 at 11:16 PM, ARKANOiiDe said:

Can confirm, my problem with my xbox controller is the righ/aiming stick. It has no deadzone, so i dont even have to move it in a direction, i just barely touch it and the aiming cursor goes  wild. Also if you rebind you RB from the default ability menu, you get locked in the pilot seat without the ability to dismount. Wh checking the bos "use fire as melee attack" in the options, you cant shhot turrets if you have melee weapon equipped with your warframe. The issue here is, if you try to rebind keys to your liking you will have problems. On default controls no locking up happens to me. Very frustrating, im using my own controller bindings for 4 years, and if i want to fly the railjack i need to change all bindings to default, thats why i dont play railjack ;]

Sensitivity/Melee Stance errors/limited dash issues ongoing since release, and some gameplay controller issues also still affect consoles as well. It looks like full controller support is no longer offered with new content updates.

Railjack 2020: The Controller Users Dystopian Future?

I'm so both glad but also frightened about this new UI. Glad because what is showcased so far seems everything seems to be improving one way or another. Something I wasn't expecting to see often when it comes to UI.

I almost quit playing warframe because of star chart 2.0. The worst warframe UI (and UI-rework) I've ever seen in warframe and I hope to keep it that way. It would take several pages to describe my joy when I saw star chart 3.0. I finally saw some attempt to take people serious and show information in a meaningful way without hiding it behind scrolling a planet.

What frightens me about this? The scale is and HAS to be big. This in turn means that one must take into account every single element that warframe has collected over the years. In turn this will mean that all players need to relearn the game(UI). The backfire this might cause scares me too, because warframe definitely needed a UI overhaul.

I hope that after the more important parts of the UI are done the codex will get some more love too. I would love to actually be able to search in my codex in a more advanced manner. For example: spawn (planets,nodes,open world, RJ etc.), loot, etc.This in turn can expand to the Simularicum where you might want to be able to sort enemies on their effective stats. Please improve the stats we see to match enemy level or at the very least give us more meaningful info.

A big bravo to those brave programmers that are trying to get the dozen of different UI screens warframe has obtained over the past years in a new and more comprehensive, complete and uniform state.

For xbox in the mod screen if you hover over the mods and press Y you can short cut to pick how you sort the mods. If you are one pixel out of that zone or distracted and press Y, you wipe off all your equipped mods.

Could we either have a hold to confirm for the wiping or a screen where we need to type 'clear' like we need to type 'override' to apply linked builds?

Pretty pretty please. It's even more annoying that the game doesn't let you to save a template library you can just reapply and if you didn't had a saved screen shot you have to try and remember everything.

|ALL OF THIS IS WASTED SPACE, PLEASE USE THIS SPACE WISELY--------------------------------------------|

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

DPD.jpg

THIS BLOWS MY MIND, honestly. I can't even view all moddable stats for most items in the game, yet we're using HALF of the screen for a diorama. A diorama that is more often than not on an automated rotation so I can't even get a good look at the thing I'm looking to buy/get information about. I'm NOT saying we have to drop the full loadout look with someone's awesome frame in view, BUT GIVE ME SOME ZOOM, GIVE ME CAMERA CONTROL. If you insist on not giving me control of the camera while asking me to buy something AT LEAST SHOW ME WHAT THE THING DOES, not a close up of some poor murdered grineer's face.

Heck, maybe you keep the diorama as a background and let me tab between just the diorama, and a semi-transparent (similar to mockup) wall of text that gives me every bit of information I could ever want about that item. I'd believe the proposal of "not wanting to overwhelm players" if we had working tutorials for all game elements and mechanics, but the wiki is still integral to figuring out how to play this game. Removing and denying information to the players within the game will only continue this problem.

This probably reads as a rant, because it is one. But NOT an angry or hateful rant. Just a rant of frustration. THIS GAME HAS ALWAYS SUFFERED FROM A LACK OF GAMEPLAY INFORMATION CONVEYED IN GAME, AND NOW THE PLAN SEEMS TO BE TO REMOVE OR OBSCURE WHAT LITTLE INFORMATION IS ACTUALLY IN THE GAME.

So instead of just complaining, I'll make suggestions (Under Construction, will edit)

Spoiler

Since the idea here is a conversation, you might want to look at actual conversation systems. Look at branching dialogue trees/systems in other games and make a system that traverses down a path. A super basic example would be:

|----------------------------------------------------~SUPER PRETTY DIORAMA BACKGROUND, WOW, SO COOL, wait what does it mean though~--------------------------------------------------------------|

THIS IS THE THING

How many you have:

Mastery? YES/NO

Can I use it yet? YES/NO (WHEN)

THIS IS THE DESRIPTION OF THIS THING

On 2020-02-07 at 4:16 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Bonus: Forge Al! 
Open the spoiler tag to see a Placeholder feature request coming for Railjack - Click to ‘Forge All’ in Dry Dock before you head out on a mission.

Hide contents

Placeholder.png

Could this perhaps be a toggle to ALWAYS forge all before heading out to a mission? This button will be a welcome feature for sure, however about everyone is just going to click this before heading out. Maybe we could save a step and automate it? It is frustrating at times when you complete a mission but forgot to forge everything prior to starting a new one.

On 2020-02-07 at 2:25 PM, Sean said:

Nice changes. 😄

Can there be an option though on the "Virtual Cursor", ever since it's inclusion, it makes navigating with the arrow keys in various lists (such as the ESC menu) into an annoyance since then the cursor just hops around the entire screen to different elements.

God yes please.

I get why its a thing (for console players) but for the love of gosh, keyboard twiddling, and not accidentally selecting things -  let the pc players turn it off.

I've found a few areas that are.... lacking polish as well as work differently than you would expect.

Let me show you what i mean:

Step One: Operators need love
Its silly that:
1) you are able to search for amps in inventory, but NOT on equip operator screen!
2) You can search for amps specifically by part in inventory (eg, 'anspatha brace')
3) Why isn't there an amp search bar? The functionality is there! It already works! Just shove it in the equip screen at the top!!
4) Operators need to be able to buy extra cosmetic slots. Just give em the D-E-F + slot buy prompts!

RaaT0kv.jpgwh1CMoS.jpgcwWJ8GN.pnguSDhYak.jpg

Step 2: Lich Love
Its silly that:
1) Trading liches have a better interface to see what all you HAVE than your actual own inventory
2) The lich search bar in codex doesn't search by type. You cannot put in CONVERTED to get a list of liches you have on hand!
3) Kuva weapons don't show their elemental % in armory. You have to toggle a valence transfer to see the actual percent. At least put it in the item description?
4) Trade post is dojo-wide, and the lich trade post should be too. Its foolish to make someone join that room just to trade. Make all trades work dojo wide, no fuss, no added hastle.
5) No good way to preview converted liches because its hard to see which one are on hand
6) Can we get a 'kuva lich specter' to imprint off a specific lich as a means to summon a particular lich
7) being able to see your lich allies and preview which looks like/has what needs to be more obvious
8 ) An in-mission lich, on its health bar, right below its name, should really display which tenno it belongs to, so there's no question who has to go parazon it and nobody is wondering if its theirs or not. Example: Jitt Jett, Udoshi's nemesis.

yfpHreg.jpgLGesRw1.jpgHB0oR8F.jpgc4DNWFK.jpgViZhSFa.jpg

Step 3: Personal pet peeves
I personally (a viewpoint that may or may not be shared with other players) miss the concise armory screen that showed cat/pets on the heavy weapons screen, and don't like all the extra clicking to change basic loadouts! I'd prefer to have a 'one page' armory loadout that has everything in the same place, no tabbing, or at least the option to turn  'use non-tabbed armory page'.

Like this!

Just have the camera 'zoom too' the apropriate arsenal spot (pet, tenno, operator, archwing) upon mouseover, like it does now/used to!
DhAtkx2.pngPm0r5Lr.jpgEdlalEe.png

Please and thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-03 at 5:46 AM, Famecans said:

GswippZ.png

9pji709.jpg

Good idea. But for forma management on polarized slots, i would suggest a sliding menu  to the left of the polarization icon when hovering over a mod slot with options to redefine and switch the polarity using hold-to-confirm mechanism. And a add forma button on slot without polarity.

If we don't have forma or if the weapon is <30 or if it have never been formatted, respective button doesn't appear (or in a "grayed" way with a tooltip explaining why).

Like this :

https://imgur.com/a/vmlnZGh

On 4/14/2020 at 8:16 AM, MacIntoc said:

Good idea. But for forma management on polarized slots, i would suggest a sliding menu  to the left of the polarization icon when hovering over a mod slot with options to redefine and switch the polarity using hold-to-confirm mechanism. And a add forma button on slot without polarity.

If we don't have forma or if the weapon is <30 or if it have never been formatted, respective button doesn't appear (or in a "grayed" way with a tooltip explaining why).

Like this :

ufPkWp6.jpg  wePsKsf.jpg

yes, really a button to change position slots is important because the player may not know that this option exists and accidentally replace form to organize their slots

but many more buttons can make visual pollution and complicated for console versions, this button to move the slots needs to be animated to hidde

in my image the forma "+" is an example of a null or neutral forma, so the player would recognize that "+" is equal to "none" waiting for an addition

I couldn't imagine a more suitable symbol for this "new forma", maybe infinite symbol "∞" or forma symbol "31?cb=20160911112607" but the symbol "+" seems more intuitive because you want "add"

17 hours ago, Famecans said:

yes, really a button to change position slots is important because the player may not know that this option exists and accidentally replace form to organize their slots

I confirm. I did this mistake at my start 😑

but many more buttons can make visual pollution and complicated for console versions, this button to move the slots needs to be animated to hidde

Indeed, i did'nt think about consoles. But if there is a mod on the slot, you can no longer display the "+" since the box is used by the mod's polarity. Beside, the buttons favor missclick with mouse. That's why i changed the button by a menu and why i suggested the new hold-to-confirm mechanism, which are, it's true, not ideal for console.

in my image the forma "+" is an example of a null or neutral forma, so the player would recognize that "+" is equal to "none" waiting for an addition

I couldn't imagine a more suitable symbol for this "new forma", maybe infinite symbol "∞" or forma symbol "31?cb=20160911112607" but the symbol "+" seems more intuitive because you want "add"

You right, "+" is universal and your solution is perfectly intuitive.

• 2 weeks later...

codex needs to be literally linked to the game engine, linked to the organization of 3d models or fragments and pieces (if the game engine has a library organized with identifiers this will be easier), it would be possible to share things like, spaceships, map pieces, tilesets, boss, purchase items, blueprints ... all kinds of game engine objects with numeric ID hidden from players or a proper name

Every item must have only two presentation screens, "market" and "codex", every item on the market screen will have two mandatory buttons, the button to buy and the button to take the player to the codex

items such as blueprints for zaws, quest rewards and vauted items can be searched in the market but will not be available for purchase, these same items will also not be present in common market categories, the buy button for these items may be: disabled ; described as unknown; not obtained by platinum; locked in void, locked in mission; unknown item on the market ... and there will be another button to take the player to the codex. examples are to define only one objective name because after the player searches for this item in the market there will be only the codex button to inform more important details, location, where to buy, item information ...

Every item in the codex will work in the same way, a presentation of the item, blueprint, warframe, enemy, etc ... and a button to take the player to the market, this button that can be: disabled; described as unknown; not recognized; locked in void, locked in mission ...

Summing up:
Codex: informative and full of statistics to the buyer (and button to go to the market)
Market: presentative and promotive something similar to the frame skills screen (and button to go to the codex)

The search system must be universal across all systems and the presentation will use only two types of screens (informative codex and promotional market)

Below is an example of codex problems:

KFuyvoh.png

Below the suggestion and explanation:

s29wBV9.jpg

wtteGgl.png

this new screen is very similar to the current market but it is necessary to standardize the advertising presentation of the types of items and add the codex and leverian, both buttons may be disabled depending on the item searched because the market will work similar to the codex

if you read any grammatical errors sorry, this text was created with a translation tool

Archived