Why Do We UI Like We UI: Part II?

codex needs to be literally linked to the game engine, linked to the organization of 3d models or fragments and pieces (if the game engine has a library organized with identifiers this will be easier), it would be possible to share things like, spaceships, map pieces, tilesets, boss, purchase items, blueprints ... all kinds of game engine objects with numeric ID hidden from players or a proper name

Every item must have only two presentation screens, "market" and "codex", every item on the market screen will have two mandatory buttons, the button to buy and the button to take the player to the codex

items such as blueprints for zaws, quest rewards and vauted items can be searched in the market but will not be available for purchase, these same items will also not be present in common market categories, the buy button for these items may be: disabled ; described as unknown; not obtained by platinum; locked in void, locked in mission; unknown item on the market ... and there will be another button to take the player to the codex. examples are to define only one objective name because after the player searches for this item in the market there will be only the codex button to inform more important details, location, where to buy, item information ...

Every item in the codex will work in the same way, a presentation of the item, blueprint, warframe, enemy, etc ... and a button to take the player to the market, this button that can be: disabled; described as unknown; not recognized; locked in void, locked in mission ...

Summing up:
Codex: informative and full of statistics to the buyer (and button to go to the market)
Market: presentative and promotive something similar to the frame skills screen (and button to go to the codex)

The search system must be universal across all systems and the presentation will use only two types of screens (informative codex and promotional market)

Below is an example of codex problems:

KFuyvoh.png

Below the suggestion and explanation:

s29wBV9.jpg

wtteGgl.png

this new screen is very similar to the current market but it is necessary to standardize the advertising presentation of the types of items and add the codex and leverian, both buttons may be disabled depending on the item searched because the market will work similar to the codex

if you read any grammatical errors sorry, this text was created with a translation tool

Edited by Famecans
On 2020-02-29 at 12:40 AM, Udoshi said:

Pm0r5Lr.jpg

I particularly prefer these tabs for each session and still need to add the operator tab with amps and arcane

the correct thing is to have more loadout spaces

Edited by Famecans
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
Am 7.2.2020 um 22:29 schrieb kapn655321:

The weapon noise level stat: ALARMING or SILENT...

I just learned the other day that Alarming is not a uniform noise level.
Different guns have different distance of audibility.
If I may, I'd like to request this stat be listed.

My thought is it will help make stealth more robust if players understand their limitations for detection.

I went 5+ years never knowing there was a difference.

Instead of using a vague, ambigious term, there should be a percentage or a distance how far the shot can be heard from.

If you use a sniper from several 100's of meters far away, the target cannot hear the shot at all, only the enemies near you, so there is a distance in which weapons can be heard.

Why not include that inthe weapons stats? Silencing a weapon to >100% will just replace the %-String to "Silent" as a clear indicator instead of "0.0". 

Am 3.3.2020 um 05:46 schrieb Famecans:

GswippZ.png

I really like this one. But I dislike the ____ RANK and ability placement. 

If I had to change that, it'd move the "ability bar" DOWN, resize it a little bit bigger and make those to "Augment Slots".

This is where you place "Augment Mods" ONLY. They still deduct a little mod space and cannot be polarized, but keep the 10 main slots uncluttered.

When an augment was placed there, the affected symbol for the respective ability gets a border, depending on the RARITY of that particular augment.

So, if there was a bronze augment for Chaos, it can be visually identified apart from the gold one. This would also allow "Primed Ability Augments" and "Riven Augments" to be identified at first glance, however in the latter, you still need to hover - which you would be doing anyway, if you place and remove mods. 

So, if you were to place all augments, all symbols have golden colors around them. (Maybe change the symbol as well or add a shiny, reflective effect, when the GUI is moving due to mouse movements?)

Edited by NoSpax
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, NoSpax said:

I really like this one. But I dislike the ____ RANK and ability placement. 

yes these lines is a copy of the current design, this is the recommendation of the layout, I think everything will be updated to the victorian design of the last statements

Im super pumped for the new end of mission screens.  I dont really notice peoples fashion frames while in the missions.  So being able to see them afterwards will be great.  Im sure it will lead to many many  PM's of congratulations on fashion frame  Probably make people step up their fashion frame also lol.   

I'd like end of mission to just focus on showing off the 4 frames and 4 pets that were in the mission!!!.   Save all the boring crap like affinity and loot,  Send it to our mailbox or a special battle report mailbox...    Although I do like seeing who is a leech and who is trying.  So maaybe 1st page = fashion frame.  2nd page = performance.   3rd page = affinity/loot(could goto mailbox and not even be shown at end of missions).    

-------------------------------------

I also kind of hate the End of mission summary screens.  Most people probably dont even know you have these cool leveling the planet animations for your orbiters....   I see them sometimes when I have to abort a mission.  They are soooo cool and we never get to see them because the mission summary gets plastered over the top lol.  

That my motivation for having those summaries get sent to our mailbox's instead of clogging up our screens after a mission.   

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Best example how you're not gonna do a UI is Railjack again. The Valence Fusion Screen doesnt even show how much Dirac you need to fuse 2 items. Gosh dammit. Is it so hard to provide needed information to your player base for once?

Edited by ValinorAtani
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

Endscreen Stat/diorama on separated screens

Can't wait to see what's coming with the end-screen update. I love the idea of a diorama that shows the whole team fashion frame posing. 
I also like to read stats and loots. both are important and need a lot of screen space.

I think these should have each their own distinct screens and not trying to mix both diorama + Stats all-in-one screen. 
Make it easy to switch from one to another, and ideally have an option to select which is the default and secondary screen, so everyone can tailor his experience. 

Startscreen cinematic : 

I like the little animation of warframes dropping, but it can be improved as well : 
- show the current full team quicker, so it helps the players to quickly identify which other warframes are used. 
- change the white screen transition to a black color, on a TV at night it tends to be aggresive to the eyes. 

More binding options for controllers on PC : 

Allow to fully rebind the share button to any action (to remap the Map option when it breaks) 

Allow to fully rebind the ability trigger binding, so we can bind up gear items/emotes/progression screen,
giving us 7 keys to bind what we want 4 on D-Pad  and 3 on triggers. 

Option to toggle Running and Archwing thrusters to joysticks maximum reach. 
pushing a joystick to it's maximum reach triggers the running/archwing thrusters instead of having to click and hold the joystick. 

Relics UI menu readability:
To avoid the stress of searching a relic when the countdown tick. 

Vaulted icons. 
button to tag specific relics as priority, like the favorite colors UI. 

Loadouts to save gearwheel variants too : 
Being able to save a gearwheel setup per loadout would smooth transitioning to different missions quicker.
going from mining, to RJ, to regular mission, to simaris target hunt, etc.. 
Or - let us re-range the items in the wheel during mission. 

Controller friendly gear-wheel : 
Add an option to toggle a controller friendly gearwheel, with 2x less items, but 2x bigger pads. 

Very often i miss-click items and waste specters and support items in the process when using the current gearwheel with a controller.
slots are too small making it hard to select during action on controller.

Edited by Erathic
typos : sorry english is not my main language
  • Like 1

how is it that after all this time that y'all don't understand it's not the amount of information that's overwhelming, it's the incredible amount of clutter on the screen.

a clean ui has plenty of space for information, without adding streamers and poses and vignettes to everything.  a "ux" invites fatigue by squirreling away whatever you're trying to do in endless sub-menus. 

it's not even consistent with the visual narrative design of the world -- the tenno aesthetic is clean lines and open spaces, a stark contrast to the ornate uselessness of the orokin.  the "ux" is literally the villain of the story.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020-02-26 at 1:48 AM, Axtremulus said:

A diorama that is more often than not on an automated rotation so I can't even get a good look at the thing I'm looking to buy/get information about. I'm NOT saying we have to drop the full loadout look with someone's awesome frame in view, BUT GIVE ME SOME ZOOM, GIVE ME CAMERA CONTROL.

The best dioramas in the game currently, IMO, are the Ayatan sculptures in the Foundry. The close up and rotation detail makes look amazing. If they use that for weapons and everything else, yes, it would be PERFECT!

• Like 2

For the love of all that is holy can u DE please add search for activities on the star chart. You have a nested bland diamond describing every nondescript node. YOU CANNOT FIND ANYTHING WITHOUT VISITING EVERY NODE. Also the size of icons are too small and over intricate.

Saturn and Europa ice/ corpus levels need the gas city treatment their ugly a chore to navigate and lack plenty of detail! And Always accentuate pathing issues 

There must be a UI terrorist spreading dysfunction wherever applicable. The more convoluted the more your bonus will be and whoever it is, is prolly the prime version.

• Like 2

For the love of God

1. Make unairu wisps glow or hover and glow or something so they can be seen.

2. Quills and other syndicates when adding standing something that can add all instead of single entry.

3. Names bold ,enlarge with distance or icon when allies are in open world so u can see them even when ur using something like stealth or unairu cloak. 

4. The moa's are slow I get it . But because they are slow they should warp to their owner if outside a smaller range than it is now. Seems like they are set up to fail. Also the attack moa precepts dont really work and dont do much. At least make the atk moa have increase atk dmg for the weapon so it makes sense choosing it.

5. You guys are Doing great so far but the unairu wisp one for sure is kinda ridiculous. Esp since it's mainly used in eidolons and at night time. That one is one that def needs changing.

• Like 1

please add more HUD options while you guys are working on UI, please let us change our HUD layout and colors to our liking. would love to move my health bar and my pets around to were i can keep a better eye on it. 

• Like 2
On 2020-02-07 at 6:30 PM, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

In my experience that happens for two reasons, bad player or new player. The toxic players do that because they only care about themselves, and the new players do it because they don't know better.

I would like to see an updated mission start system that would deal with both issues, but the hold to start would at least help new players I think.

Or host lives 2 planets away from you, and since client stores the inputs, but doesn't show you the output until it gets to the host and back, you can easily mis-click twice. Yes you can bypass this by just being overly cautious, or telling host to force start when you are ready, but its S#&$ either way.

• Like 2

Going to put this in here.

A big part of UI is controls. Ps4 and Xbox both have Keyboard and mouse support, however lack the ability to fully play the game with them.

On Xbox keyboard keybindings menu is hidden but can be accessed. On PS4 it simply is not there at all.

DE you have had this support ingame since 2017, when it was added by sony to playstation.. these problems have existed since then.

By comparison a competitor of yours, the game Fortnight also implemented keyboard and mouse control support when the console manufacturer added them. However that game not only fully supports keybindings but also crossplay and update parity.

So please take the effort to support the most basic functionality of your game DE. Let Ps4 and xbox freely access keyboard and mouse binding menus and give us the option to swap to a PC general interface so we dont have to always have a controller handy to start the game or send messages.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2020-02-08 at 12:16 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

End of Mission

Here is a problem: between the end of mission and loading back to where we started (orbiter, cetus etc.) many players like me have a long loading times, and during that time, I just stare at the screen since this EoM screen is not inspectable. This really is a part of getting bored of the game and be a part of feelings towards leaving playing.

While on the go for new screens, please fix this static UI problem too.

• Like 2

EoM Screen - I'm no poser and like informative stuff. As long as we get a toggle, I'm fine. I can understand folks and their wishes for more fashion.
Mastery Badges - No thanks and why even...?  I like the current ones with their different colors/textures and I bet I'm not the only one. It might sound petty, but those symbols mean something to me and they are part of my Tenno identity. The slowly evolving lotus bloom is a great symbolism. What I've seen so far of the new badges looks just run of the mine, uniform and could stem from any MMO enemy portrait. ie like in WoW when the "ring" around the portrait just keeps getting fancier. Boring! Since this afaik is still WIP and not final though, I'm hoping for the best and keep my fingers crossed.

I also second the "let us freely rotate stuff and zoom" in the market.

Edit:  UI (Quills trade cores for standing for example) : WTH? Wouldn't it have been ok to just give the perfectly working and functional existing UI a nice little makeover like with our main menu and inventory? Applying the theme we picked n such? Stop putting some fancy unfished stuff which looks nice before something that actually works and isn't broken. This can be applied on so many areas in the game... Over the last couple of months. Why would someone pick apart their own product like that? It simply is beyond me. I'm fine with stuff changing, revamping, whatever. Times change. All I'm trying to say is, just because something is "old" doesn't mean it is "bad" and needs more than a visual makeover. Some things are good the way they are and don't need a complete overhaul. Please consider that in your future changes.

Edited by Silescere
  • Like 2

Was it all combed through..are there any dioramas with feet chopped off.

Area of information when hovered over cover up other areas u want to look at simultaneously.

Can we pick an item and compare easily.

Is it streamlined to have the least clicks possible overall.

Fully capable of binding control layouts

Is it all tied in and referencing in the codex?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

2020-07-05-234015.jpg

- can we get additional infos pls?, Kuva and Forma? or inactive excavators? 
(an indicator at the upcoming excavator starchart icon itself would be great, if it isn´t planned already)

- pls consider the idea to select a syndicate to collect standing instead of sigils, just activate it with a click at syndicates tab and highlight it,
i know it was mentioned quite often, sry

- a short notification video by spacemom, like we already have, about rare catalyst/reactor invasions would be nice if you are at orbiter, especially for beginners
"look something rare/special occured or a rare opportunity..." or just add a reactor/catalyst icon to the existing notification pls 🙂 
I barerly notice the invasion notification or i just don´t have a spare second to look at it while playing

EDIT: - pls add detailed combo informations like procs and hit effects to the combo UI

the upcoming UI changes are great, thanks alot 🙂

Edited by linn4you
  • Like 2

guys (boys and girls), sorry, may be my english not so good as i dreaming... 

so.

this topic most close to that i think.

do dev's interested in some ideas with scenario? 

why i'm dare to talk about, - i'm realy impressed with emotional atmosphere of main story. and etc quests. despite the fact that most of other games, include MMO... just boring.

*i don't wan't just cry 'return us Lotus'*

I may risk presenting you with one idea as a complete detailed scenario (quest for 1-3 stage). no claim for a reward, only as a contribution to the project.

any tests are acceptable.

Am 7.2.2020 um 22:16 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

The removal of Hold to Confirm will be implemented first in the Intrinsic and Avionics screens, where places you would normally Hold to Confirm will now simply require a click + Dialog like usual.

Arguably the version we have now is worse than before because we get a dialog for every single upgrade. If I want to upgrade one avionic fully that's gonna be a lot of useless dialog fields. Compare that to mods where i can just choose a target level to upgrade to and only need to confirm once.

For the equipped avionics there should still be a drag and drop system like for mods. The picture of the railjack in that screen would be the perfect place to place the available avionics in as that picture does literally nothing and just wastes space.

• Like 1

Also... all the over intricate buff icons needs to come under one standard...clean and clear. 

It amounts to a row of hieroglyphics!...might as well not be there?

Look at actual ways to dissolve the static HUD...plenty of ways get that done.

Ability to change order of lich relics on lich screen? Again too many clicks 

Kuva, focus, granum coins, liches and murmurs should be running concurrent together. Consolidate those one note activities into one action packed scenario. A lot of activities should be ran concurrent?

• 2 weeks later...

@(XB1)Soapticfrom what we could see in the stream, I agree. Totally. However, they said in the opening post there will be a "more detailed version" which we can toggle on, so let's just hope for the best, while preparing for the worst. Maybe there will be a more classic-style version.