Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cold + Toxin kuva weapon valence fusion = Viral?

ArachnidOverlord

Question

The other post made by someone else wasn't clear enough with explaining the question and was open for misinterpretation. I want to make sure that this is answered correctly because having certain elemental combinations can make a massive difference in warframe. I fully intend on grinding towards these if I can get certain base elemental stats like viral as a base 60%

Pretty straight forward, we know we can get radiation, cold, toxin, impact, heat, magnetic and electric damage on kuva weapons right away. 

But with valence fusion it introduces the possibility to mix two separate elemental effects together. 

My question is, does valence fusion allow us to mix elements into ones we can't get straight away? Like per say viral, corrosive, blast, or gas? 

I'm talking BASE ELEMENTAL STATS, the up to 60% bonus you get starting out. 

If we can get these special elemental combinations starting out it paves the way for viral + corrosive kuva weapons. 

11 answers to this question

4 hours ago, ArachnidOverlord said:

Rebecca says and shows otherwise in the devstream (link and timestamps below). Which is curious, because that might mean they didn't remember to put that in the patch notes. Either that or they decided not to go through with it.

Considering that I'm getting mixed messages means there's a fair share of uncertainty here which is good because it means that being able to apply new elementals to kuva weapons may still indeed be possible. 

I think I'll have to check myself to see, hopefully we can do these new combos and it's here to stay, it'd make kuva weapons even more powerful.

Check 48:31-50:01 of the inserted video

There's a catch to her explanation: Radiation is a possible element on Kuva weapons. It probably transferred the Radiation bonus from the second one to replace the Electricity on the first one. I doubt that mixing elements would create the corresponding secondary element. It didn't work that way for Valence Transfer!

2 hours ago, LoyalFangs said:

No, the elements don't mix. Your weapon will have the element of the fodder weapon.

So if you mix a toxin one into YOUR cold one, you'll get a toxin weapon. And so on! 🙂

Sorta wrong here. Cold and toxin would mix to make viral but after if you try to put heat in, it replaces the combo with heat. The old valence transfer would do like you described.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Sorta wrong here. Cold and toxin would mix to make viral but after if you try to put heat in, it replaces the combo with heat. The old valence transfer would do like you described.

I didn't see anything in the patch notes to that effect, have you tried it yourself? Because the only thing the patch mentions is increasing the bonus damage through fusion.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Elements should not be mixing when you combine 2 weapons via Valence Fusion.

If you are seeing this, and your certain you don't have a mod on your weapon influencing the element to make it a combo, then that would be a bug, I'd think.

To be clear, from my understanding, the intended result would be: 
-You have a Kuva Brakk with Cold damage. 
-You fuse a heat Kuva Brakk into the cold one.
-You now have a Kuva Brakk with Heat damage.    

TL:DR  What @LoyalFangs said should be correct.

Rebecca says and shows otherwise in the devstream (link and timestamps below). Which is curious, because that might mean they didn't remember to put that in the patch notes. Either that or they decided not to go through with it.

Considering that I'm getting mixed messages means there's a fair share of uncertainty here which is good because it means that being able to apply new elementals to kuva weapons may still indeed be possible. 

I think I'll have to check myself to see, hopefully we can do these new combos and it's here to stay, it'd make kuva weapons even more powerful.

Check 48:31-50:01 of the inserted video

On 2020-02-07 at 8:13 PM, ArachnidOverlord said:

The other post made by someone else wasn't clear enough with explaining the question and was open for misinterpretation. I want to make sure that this is answered correctly because having certain elemental combinations can make a massive difference in warframe. I fully intend on grinding towards these if I can get certain base elemental stats like viral as a base 60%

Pretty straight forward, we know we can get radiation, cold, toxin, impact, heat, magnetic and electric damage on kuva weapons right away. 

But with valence fusion it introduces the possibility to mix two separate elemental effects together. 

My question is, does valence fusion allow us to mix elements into ones we can't get straight away? Like per say viral, corrosive, blast, or gas? 

I'm talking BASE ELEMENTAL STATS, the up to 60% bonus you get starting out. 

If we can get these special elemental combinations starting out it paves the way for viral + corrosive kuva weapons. 

I don't understand why this question keeps appearing on the forums, as it's fully explained in the wiki. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich#Quirk

Example 1 : Blast based, Radiation added by Nyx.
vpkXATC.jpg

Example 2 : Viral based, Radiation added by Nyx.
5ucCIWZ.jpg

Good luck! :meridian::redveil:

Edited by GrazeZeroLow

On 2020-02-07 at 11:01 PM, (XB1)Rez090 said:

I've been converting primary elements on some of my weapons (Heat to Electricity for instance) and never had a combination element come out of it. The old element is always replaced by the new one even after the lich update.