Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sombra, the Shadow Shapper

keikogi

Sombra, the Shadow Shapper.

A shadow warframe based on manipulating and stealing shadows. What I have right now is a rought outline of her kit and stats , I will refine and balance it later.

Stats

Health- 75

Shields- 450

Armor- 25

Energy- 150

Sprint Speed- 1.1

Passive- Shapeless Shadow

Shadow can interact with any ally, enemy or object to turn herself into a copy of it.

Details

Spoiler

Upon turning herself into a copy of:

Allie

Copy the target warframe ( weapons , mods and arcanes ) but uses Sombra colour scheme. If the original cast a skill Sombra will be forced to cast a copy of that skill( paying the same energy cost).

Note: buffs are considered the same skill skill ( example: if a Rhino cast a Rhino Roar , Sombra rhino roar won’t stack with it , Sombras roar only can buff targets unaffected by the original cast).

Sombra can leave the transformation early by casting any of Sombra skills.

Upon loosing all health or energy Sombra will be forced back into her original form with 0 shields.

Enemies

Upon performing a finisher on an enemy Sombra Copies the enemy base stats and primary weapon( but she use her own mods, if the target enemy weapon is unbelievable for the Tenno, she will use her own.). Using a skill or loosing all your health breaks the transformation.

Upon loosing all health or energy Sombra will be forced back into her original form with 0 shields.

Object

Upon interacting with an object Sombra becomes a copy of it. She can move normally and enemeis that did not saw her transforming or moving will be attracted to her. If they get close you may perform a parazon finisher on that enemy.

Note: Self buffs are dispelled upon tranforming into a warframe and her buffs are replaced by the buffs whichever buffs that warframe currently has.

1. Shadow Grasp

Turns herself into a shadowy hand and dashes towards enemies.

If they have a shadow she will steal it.

If they don’t have a shadow she will attempt to kill them. 

Details

Spoiler

The dash portions works like Slash Dash Excalibur 1

The damage portion deal 1000 damage + 1 damage per missing HP (it is a finisher attack)

2. Shadow Clone

Creates a clone of herself out of her own shadow. Clone deals 50% of her damage and 100% of her Stats (Health, Shields , Armor ). It will mimic all her actions with a 0.5 seconds dealy ( whatever you do the clone will do it as well 0.5 seconds later). If the clone minincs a skill Sombra has to pay it energy cost again.

Note: the clone is not considered a self buff , it is considered a unit like wuclone.

Note: the clone has a copy of any buffs Sombra has.  

3. Lights Out

Send a wave of darkness forward shrouding Enemies in Darkness. An Enemy shrouded in darkness cannot target anything 5(unaffected by power range ) away from him. Sucessive waves will reduce the enemy vision futher ( 2.5 meter if the enemy is hit twice , 1.25 meters if thr enemy is hit thrice and so on ). If an enemy is killed while shrouded in darkness Sombra will steal their shadow. 

4. Nightmare Forge (tap to cycle and hold to cast) (Cost all of the shadow minimum of 10) 

Sombra uses the stolen shadows to brink a nightmare into this word

Apet- Summons a giant snake made out of shadows , the snake will wrap itself around the closest available warframe. Apet will protect the warframe by absorbing damage and biting nearby enemies.

Note: Snake duration scales with the number of shadows used and snake damage scales with the sum of the HP of shadows.

All of the World evils- creates a box full of wraiths( number of wraiths equals to the number of shadows used). Each Wraith will seek an enemy to strike. . The box has unlimited duration and has to be manually opened by a melee strike or Interacting with the box.

Note: Wraiths deal damage equal to the sum of the HP of the enemies that had their shadow stolen

The Bottomless pit- Covers the grounds in shadows, enemies walking over these shadows are slowed by 40% (scales with the number of shadows used ). If an enemy falls bellow 40% (scales with shadows used ) the enemy will be dragged inside the shadow by ethereal hands ( the enemy dies ).

Fenrir- Creates a shadow puppy , after 5 seconds it matures into a small kubrow. The Shadow kubrow will star attacking nearby enemies. The kubrow will keep growing until he reaches the size of Helminth charge with a fully stacked Strain mod set.

Note: Kubrow damage scales with the health of the shadows used and current size. Has 5 Growth stages puppy, small kubrow , medium kubrow ,big kubrow , Omega Sized Kubrow and Helminth with Strain set

An thank you to @Almighty_Jado, your Erebos inspired this one. Here a link to EREBOS 

What do you think of this Warframe? Any feedback is welcomed.

Edited by keikogi
kit Changes

20 minutes ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

I mean, if you're going to have a concept called Sombra and give her an ability named LIGHTS OUT, at least have the decency to make it her ultimate.

Why I would do that , this concept is not related to Overwatch's Sombra at all.

12 hours ago, keikogi said:

Shadow can interact with any ally, enemy or object to turn herself into a copy of it.

Ive seen many ask for an ability like this and its still koo!

Turns herself into a shadowy hand and dashes towards enemies.

If they have a shadow she will steal it.

If they don’t have a shadow she will attempt to kill them. 

Wait so does the shadowy hand deal damage to the enemy after she stills their shadow?

Creates a clone of herself out of her own shadow. Clone deals 50% of her damage and 100% of her Stats (Health, Shields , Armor ). It will mimic all her actions with a 0.5 seconds dealy ( whatever you do the clone will do it as well 0.5 seconds later). If the clone minincs a skill Sombra has to pay it energy cost again.

Yesss i love this idea! Definitely is pretty cool! Its like multishot but on your warframe 

Send a wave of darkness forward shrouding Enemies in Darkness. An Enemy shrouded in darkness cannot target anything 7/5/3/2 away from him.

Definitely cool too, pretty uniqe

Banshee removes sound, Sombra removes vision. It would be hilarious seeingvenemies be oblivious to everything 😂

Summons a giant snake made out of shadows , the snake will wrap itself around the closest available warframe. Apet will protect the warframe by absorbing damage and biting nearby enemies

You ever play Darkness 2? I get that vibe from this, nostalgia alone makes me want this so bad lol

What if the snake also began to eat enemies shadows too so that it sort of relieves the pressure of spaming her first ability? Maybe make it to where 5 snakes can be spawned, 1 for each ally but 2 can be attached to you. The snake that doesnt find an ally to attach to just slithers on the ground, hunts enemies shadows, and draws enemy attention. Hold their ability activation button down to force the next one you summon to act this way (basically spending energy on passive energy generators)

All of the words evils- creates a box full of wraiths( number of wraiths equals to the number of shadows used). Each Wraith will seek an enemy to strike. . The box has unlimited duration and has to be manually opened by a melee strike or Interacting with the box.

Took me a minute to envision it but definitely another cool ability. Should help with crowd control!

Emptiness-  Throws a ball of shadows , upon impact that shadow will turn into a black role and suck enemies and loot.

This is interesting 🤔 Vauban can do it too but the requirements for casting the ability are different. Vauban can spam his while hardly moving while this warframe has to stay on the move

I think this ability would be even cooler if the damage, range, duraton, and thed speed of the pull on this ability were all increased as the amount of shadows you gathered increased. Be cool if all the enemies on the map were sort of stuck to the wall and disarmed as the black hole pulls on everything! (Of course, if this happ ens then the other 2 abilities have to be worth using in some way too)

This Warframe, i have no complaints. The way it goes about using abilities are all so different, it brings such a different way to play the game. Collecting shadows and then opening a box for some assistance, weaking enemies vision, multishot, i mean i love it! 

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

5 hours ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Ive seen many ask for an ability like this and its still koo!

I usually find that type of ability a bit to strong because it gives to much versatility for the frame but I think I found a good enought trade back. You can cast your allie skill but you can't choose when. I think I will add a delay between your ally cast and your own so you have time to aim the skill somewhere usefull ( probably 1 sec, the skill icon flashes on your screen and you get a bar like the combo timer showing the skill cast ).

Wait so does the shadowy hand deal damage to the enemy after she stills their shadow?

A bit of leftover of a older version that all of her shadow powers could only damage someone if they had no shadow. That reatricion was there to limit a fairly powerfull aoe skill and a vicios shadow hound. Now it is there for synergy with her 2 since it recast the skill and if you have more 200% power strengh the copy will deal more damage than the original. 

Also the shadow stealing is suposed to eventually improve her shield( thats why the demerit of breaking the tranformation is shield loss) , but I dont know how.

I even visualized her having diferent visual depending on the ammount of shadows available. If she has no shadows she looks like a normal warframe. If she has shadows she would look like kurogiri from My hero academia. 

360?cb=20170805212000

But never quitte figured out the shield mechanics so I decided to push the warframe and leave the shield for later.

Yesss i love this idea! Definitely is pretty cool! Its like multishot but on your warframe 

It Also mutlshots skills so it is quite strong. I detail that I will clarify later is if you turn into another warframe the shadow clone is not dispelled ( the shadow clone is not considered a self buff it is a summon that repeats the player imput ), it just turns into another clone of the warframe. Quite strong to turn yourself into 2 copies of the target warframe but I've realized that not being able to properly aim damage skill would hamper their damage output quite a bit , aoe cc just overlaps and buff/debuff don't stack ( explained on the passive ). 

Adimitely this has some potential with equinox by casting main 3 times , but similar results can be achieve by others means ( just a rhino roar is half way there ). It also creates a clown fiesta if you copy mirage or wukong.

Definitely cool too, pretty uniqe

Banshee removes sound, Sombra removes vision. It would be hilarious seeingvenemies be oblivious to everything 😂

Quitte simple and surprinsinly effective.

Took me a minute to envision it but definitely another cool ability. Should help with crowd control!

It is more like a maim in a box , you prep your maim by collecting shadows , than you leave your equinox in a box close to the defense objective. You can quickly realese the nuke by just striking it with a melee strike or by pressing x. A clarification that will be added later is that allies can release thr nuke by pressing x.

You ever play Darkness 2? I get that vibe from this, nostalgia alone makes me want this so bad lol

Yep but did not got around to finish it. 

hat if the snake also began to eat enemies shadows too so that it sort of relieves the pressure of spaming her first ability? Maybe make it to where 5 snakes can be spawned, 1 for each ally but 2 can be attached to you. The snake that doesnt find an ally to attach to just slithers on the ground, hunts enemies shadows, and draws enemy attention. Hold their ability activation button down to force the next one you summon to act this way (basically spending energy on passive energy generators)

It already leaves a copy to your allies if you cast it while you have a shadows clone. I will add it on a clarification later .

The clone recieves the buff as soon as you cast the skill but it will only create a second apet 0.5 seconds later so the second apet has to look for a new warframe.

About the shadown stealing mechanics I going to think about that , I don't want people easily profiting shadowns out of skills from the Nightmare Forge because I want this skill to be powerfull and versatily but not OP.

think this ability would be even cooler if the damage, range, duraton, and thed speed of the pull on this ability were all increased as the amount of shadows you gathered increased. Be cool if all the enemies on the map were sort of stuck to the wall and disarmed as the black hole pulls on everything! (Of course, if this happ ens then the other 2 abilities have to be worth using in some way too)

I will add damage scaling with the HP absorbed. I agree that the pull speed should scale with shadows gathered too. This is it is a stronger black hole than vortex but it is not a stronger skill because only should be able to be active at a give time ( 2 because the clone trowns one on the same spot ). 

Warframe, i have no complaints. The way it goes about using abilities are all so different, it brings such a different way to play the game. Collecting shadows and then opening a box for some assistance, weaking enemies vision, multishot, i mean i love it! 

I will refine it later with proper numbers, notes and formating. Maybe I will even get some art for it. But for Know I don't even know what type of damage shadows is , maybe a evenly slit beteween all types of physical damage or maybe null damage.

Anyways it is good to know I have a solid foundation to work on.

Edited by keikogi

44 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I approve

Speaking of Erebos, I should have placed a link for your post.

This warframe started as another take on the same theme “shadow blacksmith” but after quite a bit of theory crafting on a new set of weapons I decided to drop the black smith part but keep the tool creation aspect. I lined up a set of 5 items for him to craft:

(melee) Anvil and hammer (sword and shield), unique passive: ?

(secondary) Kunai, unique passive: you can detonate kunai stuck on enemies, if the explosion kills an enemy, the explosion triggers again.

(primary) Crossbow (actual cross bow, just one really powerful amor piercing shot), unique passive: headshots with this weapon spam 5 projectiles that seeks enemies.

(arch gun) Cannon (big ass ZARR), unique passive: always shots the entire mag, innate shattering impact effect. Main fire- fire an explosive shot (blast radius and damage scales with ammo spent); Secondary fire: fire a shotgun like blast, each round spent increases the weapon innate multishot. Magazine size 5, reloads each round individually.

Sentinel/ MOA: defensive sentinel/ MOA

The new ult would use a unique gear well after you cast it , so the player can quickly choose one of the 5 weapons.

I thought the ideas were good but when I was doing the stats, I realized exalted weapons are not that good. The slow march of power creep is slowly pushing exalted weapons away. Most exalted melee weapons barely outpace standard melee weapons. Some of the exalted guns are only good if you equip an argument.

After that realization I decided to keep using shadows to create stuff idea but moved away from weapons.

Edited by keikogi

Removed emptiness due to similarities to Vaunban’s 4 and thematic reasons. Added to new options for the 4 Fenir and The bottomless pit.

Futher gameplay alterations to her 1 and 3 will come later(they will become resource generators and her 2 and 4 will consume the resources gathered. )

The 2 will cost shadows but this is change that will come when I figure out how to handle her 1 and 3.

• 2 weeks later...