Hijacking, Turrets, Mercy kills, Hacking, and The Parazon

MysticDragonMage

The Parazon has been disappointing.

what was originally designed to be the "Swiss Army Knife" of a warframe is currently in a state that can hardly be utilized outside of the kuva lich aspect of the game.

mercy kills are only the most prominent in difficulty levels where enemies are most likely to end up with a low percentage of their health left. this, without mentioning just how much longer that enemy will last after having just this little bit of health against an entire squad of bloodthirsty tenno.

the mod benefits provided by the parazon after hacking happens just as occasionally as when there even is a hack-able terminal available. "situational convenience" is all that describes these types of mods.

the parazon is still a work in progress, of course. there are cases capturing targets using the parazon has been mentioned; maybe leading to a point were the parazon would be essential for the completion of other missions too, if i may speculate.

however, in addition to the ideas DE has vaguely presented thus far, what I personally want for the Parazon is more representative of a "Space Swiss Army Knife" along with a little more utility.

first, it would be great if the opening to perform a mercy kill upon enemies were re-imagined. the opening for a mercy kill should no longer be active when the enemy is simply at low health. instead, enemies should have a chance to find themselves in a near death state after their health reaches zero then eventually bleeding out. Only then would a player perform a mercy kill on such a target, presenting more prominent mercy kill opportunities. technical-wise the near-death state would still be considered death to that enemy, any effect will still function like normally and affinity would be rewarded (still counts as a kill, chaining tenno effects will not be delayed, near-death enemies will not delay tower captures, ETC).

mercy kill rewards, such as the amount of health they reward with blood for life, should also scale with enemy level.

maybe even update the AI to revive an their near-death ally.

second, i could say that in the case of hacking, all terminals should be open for a hacking at all times. however, to prevent abuse of the mechanics, they really shouldn't unless it would be fair otherwise. instead, terminals should only have a chance to become hack-able. OR, enemies need to interact with terminals more often, activating traps just within the room rather than the entire ship as a new first-tier state of security. this would give the player more opportunities to utilize there parazon's hacking mods.

finally, it would be cool if the parazon were to interact or to become involved with hijacking vehicles and turrets. both enemy vehicles and turrets can become weak over time, yet strong against us, so they become less relevant to use and safer to destroy. mods should be added that increases the damage to turrets and vehicles to levels where they can destroy enemy airship reinforcements in the plains more easily.

furthermore, i'd like there to be a corpus alternatives to both turrets and an open world vehicles. what would be unique and differentiate from grineer turrets would be a manual security console/platform where players can hack into and control multiple mounted turrets within a section of the map/room. as for open world vehicles, a corpus version of a K-drive with a mounted turret and a scooter-like shape would be fun.

this would make the Parazon feel more involved and make the world feel more interactive.

On 2020-02-07 at 6:36 PM, MysticDragonMage said:

it would be cool if the parazon were to interact or to become involved with hijacking vehicles and turrets.

DE should take a page from Ubi-Shanghai — one of the older Splinter Cell games with Spies vs. Mercs allowed ranged or remote hacking. You didn't need to be standing next to the console or panel to hack it. You only needed line of sight to aim some sort of wi-fi device to hack it from a corner or something.

An alternative is to use the Parazon like Project Snowblind's Ice Pick hacking device (although it may resemble the Liset Air Support charge). Fire off a dart that remotely / auto-hacks the panel or w/e while your Warframe starts killing something else. Fire and forget, basically.

On 2020-02-08 at 4:36 AM, MysticDragonMage said:

second, i could say that in the case of hacking, all terminals should not be open for a hacking at all times. however, to prevent abuse of the mechanics, they really shouldn't unless it would be fair otherwise. instead, terminals should only have a chance to become hack-able. OR, enemies need to interact with terminals more often, activating traps just within the room rather than the entire ship as a new first-tier state of security. this would give the player more opportunities to utilize there parazon's hacking mods.

Why, though? Simply letting us hack all of the consoles all of the times makes those "on console hack" mods more useful. Having to wait for an enemy to trip a console before I can hack it is really backwards gaming, because it involves me deliberately letting a failure state trip in order to get a benefit. If you're that worried about people constantly hacking consoles to stay invisible, you could always put a cooldown on it - either on individual consoles so the player has to keep running to find new ones or on the hack ability itself. Personally, I just want it so I can more reliably open lockers in most rooms.

On 2020-02-08 at 4:36 AM, MysticDragonMage said:

finally, it would be cool if the parazon were to interact or to become involved with hijacking vehicles and turrets. both enemy vehicles and turrets can become weak over time, yet strong against us, so they become less relevant to use and safer to destroy. mods should be added that increases the damage to turrets and vehicles to levels where they can destroy enemy airship reinforcements in the plains more easily.

I'm not sure what "vehicles and turrets" you're referring to. Do you mean Ramparts? Because if so, using the Parazon to hack and disable those such that Grineer can never use them again would be nice. Right now, the only way to kill Ramparts is with damage, and level 100 Ramparts have a metric assload of health. It's no fun sitting there dumping 600 Imperator Vandal rounds into them, but it's equally no fun having Grineer constantly use them against me, so it's a no-win situation. Let me hack them to disable them and I'll be happy. Maybe let me hack the flat-scanner cameras in the Kuva Fortress, as well. As it stands right now, those things are predominantly an irritation since they keep tripping with no way to stop them.

Archived