Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please get an option to auto skip/disable cirtan cutscenes?

PollexMessier

Particularly the cut-scenes that play whenever you enter a mission, relay, open world town, ext. and minor boss cut-scenes.

Yes I know "you can spam a button to skip them" except a lot of the time you actually can't. Quite frequently the game bugs out and prevents you from doing this, and it's just one more button spam that'll wear out the lifespan of whatever you're using. It's aggravating to sit there spamming the "skip cut-scene" button to no avail while your entire party blows through half the mission, or beats the boss before you can even move because they're way longer than they need to be. The amount of times you see these pointless cut-scenes is just a massive time waste and slows down the game.

I'v seen a few really old posts asking for this change but none of them really addressed the issue with the frequent bug of the skip cutscene option simply not working at all, and that existing was pretty much all of the arguments on why this option shouldn't be added. When it happens it gives other players a massive headstart, leaving you nothing to do and making the mission boring for you, and is one more reason to play solo whenever possible.

• Like 2

The opening scene to missions one bugs me the most, but the issue behind that one is that it's really there to hide the initial loading of terrain for the player. I have issues with that largely because it's decided by the user's machine. It's irritating to the max that when if finally decides to properly load that my squad is already miles away, but it's a matter of upgrading the machine hardware.

For all the other ones, I have to fully agree. In the case of bosses, they're really only there to let everyone know that a player entered the arena room and little else. Ether you'e there or you're not. The other ones are only nice the first dozen or so times you see them, but after landing in a relay for the 100th time it's just irritating to the max.

2 hours ago, Cortanis said:

The opening scene to missions one bugs me the most, but the issue behind that one is that it's really there to hide the initial loading of terrain for the player. I have issues with that largely because it's decided by the user's machine. It's irritating to the max that when if finally decides to properly load that my squad is already miles away, but it's a matter of upgrading the machine hardware.

For all the other ones, I have to fully agree. In the case of bosses, they're really only there to let everyone know that a player entered the arena room and little else. Ether you'e there or you're not. The other ones are only nice the first dozen or so times you see them, but after landing in a relay for the 100th time it's just irritating to the max.

If it's just that my hardware is slow I'd prefer to stay in the loading screen a bit longer and get dropped on top of the host than to be placed in an unskippable cut-scene that leaves me leagues behind my team. The cut-scene itself probably adds to the loading time and once the game decides you can't skip it you have to wait the whole thing out every time. I doubt the game loads the terrain so consistently to the exact length of that cut-scene every time it prevents you from skipping it, and when you can't skip the boss cut-scene that's definitely not a loading buffer so I have to assume it's more frequently a bug with the ability to skip scenes than it is a loading issue.

That bug's been in the game since the option to skip scenes existed so if DE hasn't fixed it yet they ether can't or just won't. But even if the skip worked perfectly every time, the option to disable the cut-scenes entirely would still be a massive time saver and prolong the life of some of our buttons just from the shear amount of times the game shows them.

23 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

If it's just that my hardware is slow I'd prefer to stay in the loading screen a bit longer and get dropped on top of the host than to be placed in an unskippable cut-scene that leaves me leagues behind my team. The cut-scene itself probably adds to the loading time and once the game decides you can't skip it you have to wait the whole thing out every time. I doubt the game loads the terrain so consistently to the exact length of that cut-scene every time it prevents you from skipping it

Oh I know. I feel you there. Their are clearly issues there that should be addressed. Simply keeping everyone in the landing craft screen while fully loading everything and syncing everyone would be far more preferable to loading in half the level behind most of the squad. I know in part it also has to do with ping for the player sync as well. That's particularly an issue for anyone out in rural areas such as myself. Again, that keeping everyone in landing craft would be the fix over the broken entry issue. 

• 2 years later...

just to nekro this one here....

PLEASE do this DE - i'm sick of watching the goddamned cinematic again and again nearly 80% of the time when not being the host.

seriously, this bothers us since time immemorial - we can't even delete some files to get rid of this...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...