Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What can we do about Electricity damage? Or is it good currently?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

It's rare to run a single primary elemental damage type

Most people i know just run the usual combos like corrosive and heat 

Or the boss killer combo radiation and cold 

But now that DE reworked heat, builds don't rely on corrosive all the time 

Heat damage increases overtime and strip 50% of armor 

Toxin damage dots bypass shields and stacks 

What can we do about electricity?

Well i had a few ideas:

increase it's tesla chain radius from 3 to 4 meters 

tesla arcs now have a 20% chance of proccing another tesla chain 

how it works with these 2 changes is now when you proc electricity on the enemy a 4 meters tesla chain procs that damages nearby enemies 

These tesla arcs have a 20% chance of proccing another tesla chain...which creates a looping current of back and fourth damage between enemies within 4 meters

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

20 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Nothing, its fine as it is. I use a fair amount of electric on my weapons and it works well and doesn't need a "gimmick". Mind you i also have been a longtime user of Heat, well before it got its gimmick and became popular. 

Nice to see people using anything other than corrosive and heat

Electric proc chains among enemies and temporarily stuns, while it is worse than toxin and heat procs it is still quite viable in its current state.  Cold needs to be looked at again though to bring them more in line with the other 3.  
If you want to rework any damage type it should be magnetic, because magnetic right now is pointless when you can just straightup ignore shields completely with gas/toxin procs and slash procs as well as shields being easy to get through in general since enemy armor doesn't affect shields at all.  Not to mention puncture and impact procs still suck ass in comparison to slash.  

Edited by (XB1)COA Altair

It's a decent effect. It's value is more situational than the other 3 but it does has its area where it excels. It's a good damage bonus when hitting multiple enemies in a tight cluster and it stuns a group of enemies when you're just hitting one of them. The nature of the game is what makes the effect weaker than it really is with enemies either dying before you can form a tight enough groups, dying instantly from direct hits so you're better off just shooting each of them once, or the opposite extreme of having to dump a ridiculous amount of damage and armor reduction to kill a few enemies. Toxin and Heat are the outliers with Toxin essentially breaking a game mechanic completely and Heat targeting one of the most broken mechanics in the game, Armor.

Electric is ok - the Status Effect could be utilized like a discount version of Gas if you were to cluster Enemies together first.

if you wanted to do something with Electricity, make the AoE Damage Burst be a bit more relevant. up the AoE a bit, make it scale with Mods better.

I'd say the only change that needs to be made is to make it possible to refresh the stun's duration before it runs out. Currently the stun goes with one of several animations that each have slightly different lengths, so proccing an enemy multiple times with even timing won't always result in the enemy being disabled.

The main problems that electric has are the inconsistency of the stun duration, that it combines into two of the most widely used damage types, and that it can't be used together with the other good primary element.

Edited by FlyingDice

the stun effect is pretty good, but why it doesn't chain more efficiently, I have no idea. Magnetic is by far the worst element, and that really does need a rework. I always liked the idea of it creating magnetic anomalies at the point of impact, similar to the ones found in the sortie modifier, only much more powerful, to the point where they drag other enemies and their weapons in, effectively CCing and disarming them at the same time.

that's my idea for it anyway.