Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Shield: high regen and low shield bonus to make the most of shield gate's invuln?

(PSN)Unstar

Question

In Railjack, shields seem to melt, which is unsurprising since they don't benefit from damage resistance.  I've been waiting to get a Zetki MK-3 shield with good stats, when I had an idea that might turn my plans on their head...

I don't trust that even with a +900 shields they would last long, so alternatively, what if I focus on having a very high regeneration rate and a very low bonus to shields?  When a Railjack's shields are fully depleted, it gets 3 seconds of invulnerability, and this ability can't be triggered again until the shields have been maxed out.  So with a low total shield value and a high regeneration rate, theoretically it might be possible to use this shield invulnerability more often.  Bonus: the Zetki bonus of +25% bonus damage while shields are depleted would apply more often.

But in practice, would this work?  I'm curious if anyone has tried it, or if there might be a hole in this plan that would make me better off waiting for a more shields than less shields.

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

In Railjack, shields seem to melt, which is unsurprising since they don't benefit from damage resistance.  I've been waiting to get a Zetki MK-3 shield with good stats, when I had an idea that might turn my plans on their head...

I don't trust that even with a +900 shields they would last long, so alternatively, what if I focus on having a very high regeneration rate and a very low bonus to shields?  When a Railjack's shields are fully depleted, it gets 3 seconds of invulnerability, and this ability can't be triggered again until the shields have been maxed out.  So with a low total shield value and a high regeneration rate, theoretically it might be possible to use this shield invulnerability more often.  Bonus: the Zetki bonus of +25% bonus damage while shields are depleted would apply more often.

But in practice, would this work?  I'm curious if anyone has tried it, or if there might be a hole in this plan that would make me better off waiting for a more shields than less shields.

When I switched from max shield to higher regen/lower regen delay it certainly feels like the shield is doing a better job to me. I'm a solo player though so I'm not actually on my RJ or paying attention to it's health and shields a lot of the time and haven't tried too many different shield arrays.

Personally I like Zetki Shield, mine has +453 capacity, 1.2s regeneration delay & 4.7%/s recharge w/ RJ dmg increased when shields depleted, even with that low shield capacity my rj is regenarating shields almost instantly and it feels really good, shields are always up. And if I am under heavy fire I get that sweet dmg bonus.

So I'd say zetki shields are pretty recommended.