Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think i dont uderstand how to play the game

memeseseses

Question

So, you have master rank, and to upgrade it you need to play with not upgaded weapon and warframe. So you pick your weak weapon and warframe and play low lvl misions and after you upgaded it you... go and do that agan or just dont care and use already upgade weapon ane be stuck on same master rank? I dont understand and sorry for engrish.

5 answers to this question

In short, yes

However, the most powerful weapons in the game are locked behind mastery rank. So ideally, you can grind up the weak weapons to level 30 in order to unlock newer, better weapons. As you grind these stronger weapons to level 30, you'll be able to tackle higher-level missions and quests. Eventually your mastery will rise higher still, giving you newer, even stronger weapons

In addition, once you start unlocking Prime weapons, there are very few that are truly bad or mediocre. Almost anything with "Prime" in its name is plenty powerful if you want to hold onto it instead of throw it away

Also, MR16 is the rank where you'll have access to everything in the game, so you wont need to worry about "catching up" to the MR28s anytime soon. It might seem like something slow and tedious at first because you're still learning and dont have a lot of the mods, but MR increases quite a bit if you just keep playing a d farming for the available weapons and warframes.

IF you get a 75% discount on your daily logins, I'd highly recommend using it for platinum and getting an affinity booster to speed up the process. But that's just my opinion.

You don’t want to trash the leveled stuff you like, and by keeping it you have something (whether weapon or frame) that will handle harder stuff should the need arise. The hard part is getting plat for more inventory slots. 

And you don’t go to low level areas to get levels. Higher level enemies give more xp. You want a mission with plenty of spawns that are both easy to kill and give good xp. It is a balancing act. try looking for defense fisures and go for 20 waves or more if you can. 

5 hours ago, memeseseses said:

So you pick your weak weapon and warframe and play low lvl misions

What I'd recommend is, take one "good" piece of gear, with a decent Mod setup and all,
and use that to do your share of killin' while the rest of your gear gets passive Affinity from your Squad mates killing stuff.

Do this in one of the popular leveling spots (e.g. Helene on Saturn, or Sanctuary Onslaught) and you'll get plenty of Affinity, quite quickly.

Mind, with more Mastery Rank comes great responsibility more starting Capacity on your gear,
so you'll be able to more easily contribute (i.e. kill) even with new weapons as you progress.

For a change of pace, you could also use Spy missions (the higher level the better),
complete a Vault undetected and you get a neat chunk of Affinity spread among your gear.