Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE should stop with 40level weapons!


Dauggie
 Share

Recommended Posts

seriously these weapons takes 5 forma each to max, paracesis was fine depending upon the lore/quest whatever you call it. but for kuva liches it's too much because we are going to get more such weapons when corpus/infested lich type show up. i know forma farming can be easy for those who play often, but it's a pointless waste of valuable resource when you don't even need more than 2 forma to have your desired build for the weapons. they just milking those who like to have all mastery rank stuff maxed. hope they do something about it, although i highly doubt since people will defend this and give them a free pass :\

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The main pain of this is people's compulsive, "completionism."

We often sink 5-8 forma into a weapon to optimize it without batting an eye... but say it, "needs 5 to unlock a feature," and people think about it in a very different way.

My 120+ forma dojo, 8forma Dera Vandal, and 14 forma Rhino (due to game and mod changes over the years,) do not understand the problem.. but to each their own, I suppose.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Mastery locked behind those extra 10 levels is the problem or does that not work like that?

With all the weapons in the game the mastery from these weapons doesn't really matter. If you are a completionist, then it might matter. But for casual stuff it doesn't matter at all.
OP makes it sound as if you have to level these weapons to 40 at all costs. But you know what? You don't have to do it. You want to do it. And if people want to do it, they should just do it instead of crying about it.
OP made this thread, and chances are OP will write in this thread again. The time OP will spend on this thread could be used to farm additional forma, or farm prime junk for plat with which you can buy forma...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I'm not against having them gain some sort of bonus beyond the capacity for each forma or at least a bonus at getting all five in (like the Paracesis does) I also don't personally mind the system as is.

The mastery is honestly optional and the bonus from all 16 of the current weapons only amounts to 5.33 weapons worth of mastery which is also less than one percent of the total available mastery excluding unobtainable gear. And since the only other benefit is more capacity plus the forma polarity you only "need" to forma something as much as you need for a desired build.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Milked? I got 120 forma from the recent plague star exactly for this. Preparation is part of the game too.

An average of three rounds at ESO per forma(5) with a booster quickly maxes them out and you got a fully customizable weapon.

Honestly, i barely even watch the xp for mastery. All I want is to see how much firepower I can gain from them. And so far, i am quite satisfied with the results except maybe with the hind and tonkor.

 

Edited by Alpha_Tango
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm really surprised about how the community has been quiet about this.

I had to spend over 600pl to max those kuva weapons, and most of them I won't ever bother using again after getting to rank 40.

I just don't get why kuva weapons require such investment when they don't have any special effect / utility. Even the extra mod capacity is kinda useless when you're just gonna use a build that fits fine in a rank 30 weapon with some forma.

I really hope someday DE just caps this weapons at rank 30 and refund the wasted formas.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really like the fact that those extra levels have an extra MR attached to it. Still, it affects me somewhat little since I'm both a completionist, and that guy who throws forma and potatoes at everything that moves. Meaning at least for Kuva weapons such as Kohm, Bramma, Tonkor, etc. I was going to level them 5 times regardless of having extra mastery or not.

Perhaps not 5 forma either, since most of the time I have my perfect build at 2-3 forma, but I'd certainly not keep and invest into weapons I don't particularly like, such as the Kuva Double Stubbas, Seer or Kraken. Yet they are right there in my arsenal catching dust because while they are indeed good upgrades I just don't like them. And since the effort is aready made I might as well keep them "because".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Mastery locked behind those extra 10 levels is the problem or does that not work like that?

16k bonus xp. We are over 100k xp over what is needed for MR28. 24k away from MR29. 

With 4 primes this year, and 1 new frame so far. We need 41 rank 30 weapons to hit MR30

We are about 300k more to reach 30. For what really? A few mod points? More daily faction point caps? This bonus amounts to nothing long term.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly see it the other way. I think that they finally reward veterans that would spend 4-6 forma on a late game weapon anyways. All of my Kuva weapons would have gotten at least 4 forma to place all primed mods on them. And they also got an exilus weapon forma when available. 

I dont add all that forma for mastery rank. I add it to have more flexiblity for my builds. I would not mind that DE adds additional forma and plat sinks for veterans if it means that vets can finally go bonkers on their builds.

Edited by k05h
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I had to spend over 600pl to max those kuva weapons, and most of them I won't ever bother using again after getting to rank 40.

Why did you have to spend the plat on them?  You didn't have to, you decided you wanted to.  Are you saying you are glitched and don't obtain forma from any other source than the market?  Because unless that's the case then you saying "I had to" is completely wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup. It's a terrible mechanic, it's not rewarding and it should go away. It's just more grind upon grind upon grind. A massive waste of time.

If DE wants to continue with Rank 40 weapons, at least don't wall them behind 5 forma. No one wants to invest 5 forma in a weapon they don't like.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the idea, that i can max out a weapon without spending a potatoe... yes, it is "time-intensive", that is no question. But you don't HAVE TO put in all the formas, and even if you FEEL you HAVE TO, because for max affinity gain, you could simply accept, that it may take some time..? how about, when you start the game, and you have hard times figuring out what to do... and then you remember, "aah, i can play a few fissures for forma bps, and i will bring the kuva weapon, that still isn't at max yet ..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dauggie said:

seriously these weapons takes 5 forma each to max, paracesis was fine depending upon the lore/quest whatever you call it. but for kuva liches it's too much because we are going to get more such weapons when corpus/infested lich type show up. i know forma farming can be easy for those who play often, but it's a pointless waste of valuable resource when you don't even need more than 2 forma to have your desired build for the weapons. they just milking those who like to have all mastery rank stuff maxed. hope they do something about it, although i highly doubt since people will defend this and give them a free pass 😕

I cannot possibly fathom how is this a thing. How does this opinion exist? How did ppl upvote this? 

Are you actually complaining about THE OPTION to rank up a weapon all the way to 40?
So, if you only need 2 forma for your build and those 2 forma even go the extra mile and give you 4 extra capacity slots, Are you actually salty because if you wanted to add 3 more yoou would have gained more mastery? 
This is ludicrous and people like you need to shut the hell up and stop complaining about having more choices, because some people like to have more options

Your problem could be easily solved by NOT adding more forma then you need, so just shut the hell up and lets players have their freedom of choice instead of expressing your childish selfish feelings on the forums

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Why did you have to spend the plat on them?  You didn't have to, you decided you wanted to.  Are you saying you are glitched and don't obtain forma from any other source than the market?  Because unless that's the case then you saying "I had to" is completely wrong.

If I don't wanna wait over 2 months to max those weapons, yes, I had to buy them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, trst said:

While I'm not against having them gain some sort of bonus beyond the capacity for each forma or at least a bonus at getting all five in (like the Paracesis does) I also don't personally mind the system as is.

The mastery is honestly optional and the bonus from all 16 of the current weapons only amounts to 5.33 weapons worth of mastery which is also less than one percent of the total available mastery excluding unobtainable gear. And since the only other benefit is more capacity plus the forma polarity you only "need" to forma something as much as you need for a desired build.

I'm not interested in MR, so it's all positive for me; Kuva weapons take fewer forma for a given build, and my Chakkhurr and Dual Stubba took a forma or two less to optimize than they would have otherwise. 

But it's a very unfortunate cranny to tuck away MR in, and while it might be five weapons' worth right now, which is pretty marginal in the same way that 1/3 of a weapon for the Paracesis was, it'll undoubtedly be an expanding list with other special weapon categories getting the same treatment. So for the people who are trying to collect all available MR, something that they're definitely doing only to themselves but DE is also encouraging, it's a bit of a cruel twist. You know, never mind the forma, it just means ESO pocket ranking or Ivara stealth farming these guns six times instead of one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You also can't put a focus lens on a weapon until it's maxed.  These aren't maxed until they are level 40.  So yes, you can get your mod build earlier and don't need the forma for that.  You can ignore the mastery and not need the forma for that.  If you actually want to use the weapon, however, it's smart to get focus from it, and you'll need the five forma whether you need it for mod space(and most of the time, you don't) or mastery.

I'm not sure why you folks are claiming "choice", or anyone denying you of it.  What a load of nonsense.  The "choice" could be made to develop these weapons to go to max rank without forma(just like we've gone to 30 since the game started)---level it to 40, hit max, then forma it and re-level it. You'd still get the capacity and there is no need to level it up five times to do it.  Bam, no more need for five forma to get mastery ranks or focus, no more excess, unneeded forma that your build doesn't need, and minimal extra effort to level through with those forma for the weapons you'd actually want to use.

It's simple, logical, and the only thing it removes is an unnecessary forma sponge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lol they are already working on Corpus Kuva weapons. You are too late to the game brother. The Plague event was out a few weeks ago. You should have forma farmed like I did. Got myself 300+ forma during event, knowing possible more Kuva weapons on the way. Think about 100 kuva weapons x 5 forma's each = 500 Forma's lol

My life will be over after this much grind for Formas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Thrymm said:

You also can't put a focus lens on a weapon until it's maxed.  These aren't maxed until they are level 40.  So yes, you can get your mod build earlier and don't need the forma for that.  You can ignore the mastery and not need the forma for that.  If you actually want to use the weapon, however, it's smart to get focus from it, and you'll need the five forma whether you need it for mod space(and most of the time, you don't) or mastery.

I'm not sure why you folks are claiming "choice", or anyone denying you of it.  What a load of nonsense.  The "choice" could be made to develop these weapons to go to max rank without forma(just like we've gone to 30 since the game started)---level it to 40, hit max, then forma it and re-level it. You'd still get the capacity and there is no need to level it up five times to do it.  Bam, no more need for five forma to get mastery ranks or focus, no more excess, unneeded forma that your build doesn't need, and minimal extra effort to level through with those forma for the weapons you'd actually want to use.

It's simple, logical, and the only thing it removes is an unnecessary forma sponge.

Eh, I'd argue the only reason we have weapons that go to 40 is because it's hard to get them there. Otherwise it's just free capacity, which I don't think was the intention. I can't even say that the intention was obnoxiously pricey capacity, because five polarizations and 20 mod points is more than enough for any possible build.

But focus lenses should certainly work as soon as it's no longer possible to rank the weapon further, I. e. once it's hit the cap it has based on the forma count. That seems like very nearly a bug, because it means that affinity to that weapon can't go anywhere, and the purpose of limiting lenses to ranked weapons is preventing you from double dipping. I mean, a weapon with a lens on it that you polarize and re-rank will stop collecting focus right up to the point that it's ranked and then start again, even within a mission.

Edited by CopperBezel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

If I don't wanna wait over 2 months to max those weapons, yes, I had to buy them.

So what are you complaining about?  Have you heard of something called Opportunity Cost?  You were impatient regarding something that doesn't expire (the weapons will always be there, they're not limited time) so you decided to buy the forma.  This decision was not forced on you.  When you make definitive statements such as "I had to" then you should make damn sure that it's accurate.  Add conditionals to the statement if you have to, but don't say something that is objectively false.

For context, how long have you been playing this game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...