Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich theft: Bad luck or malice?

Lachlan_the_Sane

Question

I have a Kuva Lich based on Ceres, and unfortunately have had pretty terrible luck with Requiem Mods so he's been a bugger to kill. The problem is that, in addition to trying to kill this Lich, I'm also trying to build the Miter. I have killed Vor & Kril dozens of times, and collected four out of the five parts -- all I'm missing is the Barrel.

The problem is that, without fail, every single dang time I roll the Barrel, the Lich steals it. He has a Scrooge McDuck money vault full of Miter Barrels.

I'm wondering, have I just been terribly unlucky, or will the Lich continue to steal the Barrel every single time I get it from the loot drops? Should I keep banging my head against V&K or work on killing the Lich and breaking into his barrel vault instead?

12 answers to this question

since Liches steal a few bits of most of the things you get from a Mission, things that you get just one of from a Mission, well, if it decides to skim a bit off the top of that, it's going to just take the entire one thing, heh.

currently off the top of my head i can't remember if Liches steal from every Mission on a Planet when they have any territory there, or only Missions they're sitting on top of.
if it's the latter you could play the Lich Mission version of that and clear it and then it wouldn't steal anything from that Mission anymore.

6 minutes ago, Lachlan_the_Sane said:

The problem is that, without fail, every single dang time I roll the Barrel, the Lich steals it. He has a Scrooge McDuck money vault full of Miter Barrels.

Damn... That's indeed some bad luck lmao. I am very aware of how bad is the Miter Barrel drop.

However fear not, you already have the barrel. It's yours. So in my honest opinion I'd kill off the Lich since he's just "borrowed" it until he (🤕) no longer needs it. Even if you have to join public squads or ask for a more veteran player to help you.

At the end of the day you can even ignore your Lich and keep farming murmurs. If he shows up in missions have you and the team down it 3 times so it leaves, and wait to reveal all requiems. Then proceed to kill/convert the Lich and get your Miter Barrel!

To the best of my knowledge, this is pure luck (or in this case, bad luck). You're going to have to either drive your Lich out of that planet or kill/convert him in order to farm that last part in peace.

Of course, whichever one you choose depends on how far along you are in defeating your Lich; if it's not far, then I suggest clearing the nodes so that he moves onto another planet. If you have a bunch of known requiem mods, though, then it's probably best to simply defeat him before you do anything else.

1 minute ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

To the best of my knowledge, this is pure luck (or in this case, bad luck). You're going to have to either drive your Lich out of that planet or kill/convert him in order to farm that last part in peace.

Of course, whichever one you choose depends on how far along you are in defeating your Lich; if it's not far, then I suggest clearing the nodes so that he moves onto another planet. If you have a bunch of known requiem mods, though, then it's probably best to simply defeat him before you do anything else.

Oh, hang on, this is something which I thought was maybe possibly doable but didn't seem to be working. Can I clear this Lich off Ceres completely and let him ruin some other planet so that I can kill V&K in peace?

2 minutes ago, Lachlan_the_Sane said:

Oh, hang on, this is something which I thought was maybe possibly doable but didn't seem to be working. Can I clear this Lich off Ceres completely and let him ruin some other planet so that I can kill V&K in peace?

yes.

Just now, Lachlan_the_Sane said:

Yes you can. This is what I was referring to with respect to the first option: just complete all of the Kuva Lich-controlled nodes and he'll move onto another planet. I'd recommend this if it's going to be a long grind to figure out the requiem mod password. If you know all three mods, though, then I think it's better to just defeat your Lich right then and there.

12 minutes ago, Lachlan_the_Sane said:

Right, okay, that's my answer then, thanks so much.

(For some reason I think that some of the nodes I cleared on Ceres have reactivated again? But maybe I need to keep up a more consistent campaign against the Lich).

Sometimes, when you clear different nodes and drive the Kuva Lich off of the planet, they show up in the same planet again after a while. Based off of what I've experienced, though (I defeated 3 of them and I'm currently on my 4th), they only seem to do so once they have a higher level.

Oh, and if you're going to drive them off the planet, prepare for them to potentially level up, so keep that in mind if you're going in that route.

Edited by (NSW)MasterJ93

42 minutes ago, taiiat said:

since Liches steal a few bits of most of the things you get from a Mission, things that you get just one of from a Mission, well, if it decides to skim a bit off the top of that, it's going to just take the entire one thing, heh.

currently off the top of my head i can't remember if Liches steal from every Mission on a Planet when they have any territory there, or only Missions they're sitting on top of.
if it's the latter you could play the Lich Mission version of that and clear it and then it wouldn't steal anything from that Mission anymore.

I have a lich based on earth, even when I don't play on his nodes (especially the ones I cleared) he still steals stuff. So it's whatever planet he has influence on that he'll steal stuff from. I've lost a ton of credits, resources and a riven from that lol

1 hour ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

I have a lich based on earth, even when I don't play on his nodes (especially the ones I cleared) he still steals stuff. So it's whatever planet he has influence on that he'll steal stuff from. I've lost a ton of credits, resources and a riven from that lol

Heeeey he's just saving you some riven slots KglJNdv.png

Lich's are in a really good place right now.   In my opinion they need to truly become a bane to a tenno's existance.

They need to steal everything important, and ALL of it...   

-ALL green loot (argon, orokin cells, nane spores,  nuerodes, gallium, etc)

-ALL credits

-ALL rewards like blueprint or kuva 

-ALL mods

(This is only from turf they control)

----------------------------------------

Lachlan is probably the only person I have seen actually trying to get their stuff back lol.  

Req relics and req mods are so easy to get.. Definately go after your lich and get your stuff back.  Have you had this lich from before this latest patch??   Cuz now you get to pick what weapons they have and you have a way better shot at ephemera's.  Kick that old lich to the curb and start working on a new one!!.