Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma (explosion) sound fx WAAAY to loud

BigStuffy

The sound from the explosions made by this weapon are OUT OF CONTROL LOUD, the default volume levels need to be seriously reduced. And the particle effects have crossed that point where they actually do affect game play.

Now, it's not bad if you’re the Kuva Bramma-er, because the explosions are always 25-50+ meters away from you (if not, your dead). However, when you're not the Kuva Bramma-er, it's about the most annoying and terrible sound I've ever experienced **insert Jim Carey "most annoying sound in the world" Dumb & Dumber.GIF here*. I honestly don't know how to describe it, but it's about as bad as fingernails on a chalkboard.

All my volume levels are exactly as they have been for years, and I've never had ANY volume/audio related issue... Until this weapon. It damaged the left side speaker on a brand new headset in the first mission where I got to experience (audibly) the pleasure of being on the recieving end of the Kuva Bramma ("holy s*** DE, WTF?!?!?!?."). Headset still works, but now with a non-stop annoying rattle. Also, durring a disruption mission where I was melee (and someone else in group had the Kuva Bramma equipped), happened to be carpet bombing the only large group of Grineer soldiers around, when the game crashed mid-explosion, and just hung on some crazy-loud single audio sound byte in the "explosion_audio.file", over and over super fast until ctr + alt + del WF. There have also been 3-4 instances where I'm in the same situation (midst of Kuva Bramma's freidship ordinance) and after 3-5 minutes of being hammered non-stop with the deafening explosion sounds over, and over, and over, and over, and over... and over, and over, and over... and over... and over, and over, and over, and over, and over... and over, and over, and (I think you get it)... Screen freezes for 5+ seconds, then goes black for a few seconds (like it's crashing), and then comes back to everything running normal, followed by the deafening explosion sounds over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over... and over...

It's a great weapon (I ❤️ mine), and you guys did an awsome job with the update. However, I will (without a doubt) drop any group I join if a player other than myself has the Kuva Bramma equipped.

Another thing to think about: Insane loud sound-fx from explosions + obnoxious blinding and screen engulfing particle effects = the greatest in-game trolling weapon this side of the WF star chart...

Edited by BigStuffy

Agreed. The graphics and screen shake is annoying but this is nothing new (ie staticor, etc). Plus I can at least partially control those through settings although you always hate to turn down overall effects or turn off screen shake for a couple 'out of range' problem weapons. The sound though is bonkers. I play with a nice external sound system and I swear this weapon will destroy my sub (so I don't play with the sub on anymore which also sucks). It's still hell through my not subwoofer speakers. If I turn down levels that affect bramma volume it affects too many other things.

Now the question is if DE will rectify it first or will the novelty wear off first.

I'm not sure they tested the weapon with multishot. All the issues with the weapon seem to stem from multishot including the wild spread that can get you killed cause one of the arrows almost went straight down.

It would be great if they changed it so it only fires one arrow regardless of the multishot rating but released more bombs based on multishot. Maybe also increase the damage of the initial explosion based on multishot?

Edited by Grave.Knight

I have two issues with Kuva Bramma.

1. The explosion sound is too loud. (Simple fix. Lower the volume for everyone or just only it for the players who didn't fire it.)
  2. Low FPS when other players fire Kuva Bramma at me. (Tone down the explosion and particle effects please. My 60 fps GTX 1070 goes down to 38-50 FPS any time someone fires a Kuva Bramma arrow anywhere at me.)

I absolutely agree. I am sure it's a great weapon, but being in a group with one or more of these is just way too loud. To solve this, I would suggest adding two new options/sliders to the audio and display parts of the options screen.

1. for turning down the audio of other people's weapons, and

2. to turn down the particle effects from other squad members. This goes beyond just this bow. I am not sure how many squads I have been on where i am in the middle of melee and an ember in the group casts Inferno and I can't see a thing; just particle effects on the screen. The same with the bow. This is not only really hard on my graphics card, but makes it hard to navigate and see what you are doing. 

Thankfully, this bow does not seem to inflict friendly fire. But still, it is way over the top when it comes to sound.

Il y a 11 heures, allenallenallen333 a dit :

I have two issues with Kuva Bramma.

1. The explosion sound is too loud. (Simple fix. Lower the volume for everyone or just only it for the players who didn't fire it.)
  2. Low FPS when other players fire Kuva Bramma at me. (Tone down the explosion and particle effects please. My 60 fps GTX 1070 goes down to 38-50 FPS any time someone fires a Kuva Bramma arrow anywhere at me.)

same 😕

Seriously! How this made it past any kind of testing is beyond me, it's as if DE tests new weapons with sound turned off and all particles turned completely off. I dread every single mission where I see even a single bramma user, and I won't be touching mine until these issues are fixed. Blinding flashes, huge fps spikes (I normally play on ultra with no issues, but somehow get fps lag spikes even when I switch to medium-low with a bramma in use) and deafening booms. I wouldn't wish the torture that is the bramma on my worst enemy.

DE, please hot fix this quickly, or even nerf it into the ground so nobody touches the thing ever again (temporarily of course, until the issues are fixed). Whatever it takes to get it out of missions. 

Edited by EvansR
typo

• 3 weeks later...