Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Exp Vs Warframe Exp

SkyGoBrrrr

Question

17 answers to this question

At the moment there does seem to be a drop in exp, at least for me that is. Seems like i'm getting 2-4 times more exp for frames then i'm getting for my weapons, for instance 20-30k exp for my frames and barely scratching 5-10k for my weapons. I could have sworn i got more exp then that for weapons up til a couple of patches ago. Either weapon exp got a silent drop or i'm nuts.

Edited by itsJustThomasHD

You don't get much weapon exp if you or your friendlies spam warframe abilities more than killing with your weapons. If everyone's spraying ogrises and synapses, everyone gets much more weapon exp.

Edit: But yea, I feel that there's a drop in TOTAL exp. Somehow my Cyath runs went from 80-100k exp per run to 60-70k exp per run.

Edited by Trainer772

You don't get much weapon exp if you or your friendlies spam warframe abilities more than killing with your weapons. If everyone's spraying ogrises and synapses, everyone gets much more weapon exp.

Edit: But yea, I agree. Somehow my Cyath runs went from 90-100k exp per run to 60-70k exp per run.

Well me and color have been running OD Defense all night and each match we rarely used our abilities other then his ember's 3rd skill at the pod and my rhinos roar. Other then that we stuck to our primaries (flux and braton). Each match we got around 27-35k exp for our frames and we barely scratched 10k weapon exp even thought thats what we used the most.

Edit: Also noticed that up until awhile ago i was able to forma a few weapons 3 times within almost 2 hours, now i'm lucky if i can get a weapon forma'ed and re-ranked to 30 within a hour on cyath. So i honestly think that weapon has taken a silent nerf somehow, but this is my opinion and i'm not 100% sure.

I've noticed leveling up is slower.  I don't know if they nerfed experience.  

Using only abilties or only weapons doesn't seem to make a difference.  I used to just level up melee weapons constantly because i just craft a random new weapon and levelup that way.  It seems slower.

Leveling up another Ogris forma and i felt like before, wave 15 xini would be at least 2 levels.  Now it seems barely a level.

Anyone have old vs new exp numbers?

Edit: Also noticed that up until awhile ago i was able to forma a few weapons 3 times within almost 2 hours, now i'm lucky if i can get a weapon forma'ed and re-ranked to 30 within a hour on cyath. So i honestly think that weapon has taken a silent nerf somehow, but this is my opinion and i'm not 100% sure.

wow, just when i tought leveling to 30 in a week is better then 2 weeks.

I'm just doing missions lately, and tought there are almost 1 mission / hour. It takes me at least a week to get something to lvl 30

I've noticed leveling up is slower.  I don't know if they nerfed experience.  

Using only abilties or only weapons doesn't seem to make a difference.  I used to just level up melee weapons constantly because i just craft a random new weapon and levelup that way.  It seems slower.

Leveling up another Ogris forma and i felt like before, wave 15 xini would be at least 2 levels.  Now it seems barely a level.

I generaly got around 24k main weapon XP on Cyath

Around 40k main weapon XP on Xini wave 30-35.

Edited by Tudi69

wow, just when i tought leveling to 30 in a week is better then 2 weeks.

I'm just doing missions lately, and tought there are almost 1 mission / hour. It takes me at least a week to get something to lvl 30

Well before a couple of patches ago, i bought a booster and forma'ed rhino 4 times within about 2 1/2hrs with non-stop cyath runs. Same went for the soma, now i can barely get 1/3 of a level on Cyath and thats WITH a booster. I've tried leveling weapons without boosters and it gives me a headache now.

Are you running 4 people or 2?

I run 4 people all the time, and usually I get 11k + bonus for weapons that I don't even use.

Sometimes we run 2, sometimes we run 4 and the exp is still nearly the same. I've ran two people on cyath pre-u10 and gotten more exp for weapons then i have with 4 on cyath now. I'm sorry but there is something obviously wrong when you can forma a warframe twice and get it back to 30 before a weapon gets from 17 to 30.

So to test this out, I put a Forma on Ember. Took a rank 17 Braton, rank 15 Acrid and a rank 25 Scindo with me to OD Def. By the time Ember hit 30, my Braton was rank 25, Acrid was 22 and Scindo was 29. The only ability I used was Fire Blast which I placed on the pod. Tom had a Nova and got 90%+ of the kills, yet the EXP didn't seem to spread out like it's supposed to. Unless Warframes require a ton less experience to level now, which doesn't really make sense. 

Exp from enemies YOU kill with Warframe powers all go to Warframe exp.

Exp from enemies YOU kill with weapons go to that weapon's exp and your frame exp.

Exp from enemies YOUR ALLIES kill, regardless of whether they use powers or weapons, get split between your frame and weapons.

Edited by Xuande

Enemy experience has not been nerfed, nor has the requirements for Warframe/weapon level ranks. Last I checked, experience mechanics was not changed either.

The only thing that has been changed is possibly the max mobs in mobile defense missions. Deathmax (dataminer) believes it was nerfed between 10.1.2 and 10.1.3.

Edited by CitizenV

http://s13.postimg.org/jn26tv5nr/warframeexpcyath.png

15.5k exp on Heat dagger, and I didn't use it for anything other than the vent fans. 24.5k exp for the ogris, which I spammed a ton. 40k exp for Mag prime, and I didn't spam crush much (exactly 42 kills with crush).

That's a little lower when compared to before. According to my records (I recorded my runs on Cyath/Kiste/Kappa for a while), you could usually get at least 15k exp on the weapons you did not use in Cyath, and that was not including bonus experience. On the other hand, I did have runs like yours when I got only 8-12k exp on weapons I didn't use.

Exp from enemies YOU kill with Warframe powers all go to Warframe exp.

Exp from enemies YOU kill with weapons go to that weapon's exp and your frame exp.

Exp from enemies YOUR ALLIES kill, regardless of whether they use powers or weapons, get split between your frame and weapons.

We know this. -_-" Thanks for stating the obvious sherlock.

Enemy experience has not been nerfed, nor has the requirements for Warframe/weapon level ranks. Last I checked, experience mechanics was not changed either.

The only thing that has been changed is possibly the max mobs in mobile defense missions. Deathmax (dataminer) believes it was nerfed between 10.1.2 and 10.1.3.

Alright here's the deal. Before U10 i used to be able to take rhino or nova and any unranked weapon into cyath, spam skills and get a couple of kills with my weapon. I'd still manage to get 8-10 levels in one run. However doing the exact thing now can barely scratch 1 or 2 levels. So from me view/experience, something ain't right.