Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please fix other people killing their Kuva Lich preventing thrall spawns

Braneman

Seriously, this is a co-op game, somebody else killing their lich on wave 2 of a defense mission and preventing any more thralls from spawning the entire mission is garbage, especially when you're in a mission to farm murmurs. There isn't anything else to say about that, it's not a host bug because I was hosting, and it needs to stop, the main mechanic of killing liches shouldn't get in the way of killing my lich.

EDIT: I'm talking about when a lich finally gets killed in a mission thralls stop spawning entirely even if you haven't hit the cap yet, thralls should still spawn even if somebody in the group killed their lich that mission, while its great that the other player killed their lich it shouldn't be a detriment to everybody else. people should always strive to kill their lich and being in a group shouldn't be a forced disadvantage for everybody else. This has nothing to do with anything else, this is about a bug in the system where if somebody finally kills/converts their lich and thralls stop spawning entirely afterwards for that entire mission.

EDIT 2: happened twice in one day, on wave 2 before even 10 murmurs total(from converted or naturally spawned thralls) somebody killed their lich and no more thralls spawned for that mission.

Edited by Braneman
  • Like 2

First we complain because people don't kill their Liches. Now we complain because they do. I just wanted to throw that observation, had to lmao. Not that it truly means anything by itself.

Now, on a more serious note. If we didn't have such a restrictive limit to murmur farming this wouldn't be an issue. Another related issue to me is how we just can't farm murmurs as we probably should in endless missions - they aren't endless, as murmur farming quickly dries out after extraction shows up or the thrall limit is reached.

Let's be less stingy about murmur farming, DE? Pwetty pwease?

bugs bunny flirting GIF by Looney Tunes

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

It is the main reason I've gone over to full on solo hunting when it comes to liches.

Lich pops, I run around and do the mission as he spawns thralls. Then when mission is done, double back and smack old lichy in the face and kill the thralls around him. If he pops late I'll just farm his thralls until the spawnrate slows down too much, then I'll just punch his lights out.

The current system is just so very counterproductive in a group.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Braneman said:

Seriously, this is a co-op game, somebody else killing their lich on wave 2 of a defense mission and preventing any more thralls from spawning the entire mission is garbage, especially when you're in a mission to farm murmurs. There isn't anything else to say about that, it's not a host bug because I was hosting, and it needs to stop, the main mechanic of killing liches shouldn't get in the way of killing my lich.

There's a limit of 10 Thralls per mission, including on Endless missions. Are you sure it's people killing their Lich that's causing the issue and not just you hitting that limit? I've not had similar issues and I fight my Lich every chance I get.

45 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

There's a limit of 10 Thralls per mission, including on Endless missions. Are you sure it's people killing their Lich that's causing the issue and not just you hitting that limit? I've not had similar issues and I fight my Lich every chance I get.

If there is a limit to how many thralls can spawn in a mission there should be a counter for that or something, otherwise what's the point of doing a 5 wave defense if all the thralls can spawn in by wave 2.

4 hours ago, Proffebolter said:

Next episode:

Don't spawn the lich........

/facepalm Really?!?!

Human stupidity has no limits, for everything else MasterCard.

south park popcorn GIF

I don't know if you read what I wrote but I can't connect what you just said to it at all, the best I can get out of it is that you're just making massive baseless assumptions and don't really have any kind of constructive point.

• Like 1

There have been conflicts in the past of ......
Do I stab or not when the lich appears?

And many people have complained that when they go with randoms in public, they don't stab the liches. And then, there are people who say they don't do stab the lich.

With which 2 sides form itself. There are quite a few Thread about it, in the General section.

And that's what happens when you play one in public. Why do you think I play alone? Not only to avoid and bug problems but I also avoid the trolls that get into the games every 2 by 3. That you can generate more murmurs faster, I understand. But it is a price that has to be paid.

PD: 3 sentences and do you consider my massive assumptions without foundation? Woah relax there are only 3 sentences it is not necessary to be a brute XD.

6 hours ago, Braneman said:

If there is a limit to how many thralls can spawn in a mission there should be a counter for that or something, otherwise what's the point of doing a 5 wave defense if all the thralls can spawn in by wave 2.

As per the Wiki:

Up to a maximum of 10 Thralls can spawn in a mission naturally, and a Lich is also limited to enthralling 10 enemies, thus up to 20 Thralls can be encountered in a given Lich-controlled node should the Lich spawn in the mission.

I believe this is done to keep people from farming the same mission over and over again. Their spawns are also fairly spaced out. I believe the goal is to ensure that neither grinding endless missions nor speed-running missions is over-rewarded. I wouldn't be opposed to having a counter for "Thralls Left," though I suspect that entire system will see a major redesign of some kind eventually.

9 hours ago, Proffebolter said:

There have been conflicts in the past of ......
Do I stab or not when the lich appears?

And many people have complained that when they go with randoms in public, they don't stab the liches. And then, there are people who say they don't do stab the lich.

With which 2 sides form itself. There are quite a few Thread about it, in the General section.

And that's what happens when you play one in public. Why do you think I play alone? Not only to avoid and bug problems but I also avoid the trolls that get into the games every 2 by 3. That you can generate more murmurs faster, I understand. But it is a price that has to be paid.

PD: 3 sentences and do you consider my massive assumptions without foundation? Woah relax there are only 3 sentences it is not necessary to be a brute XD.

It sounds like you think the OP is complaining about player behavior.  I'm pretty sure it's just feedback on a game mechanic.  i.e., killing a lich in a co-op mission sometimes keeps more thralls from spawning, and it'd be better if it didn't do that.

19 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

It sounds like you think the OP is complaining about player behavior.  I'm pretty sure it's just feedback on a game mechanic.  i.e., killing a lich in a co-op mission sometimes keeps more thralls from spawning, and it'd be better if it didn't do that.

that, sorry I'm going to make an edit to make that more clear and leave the original comment, it should be more clear now.

Edited by Braneman