Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Orvius tracks enemies behind you

Braneman

The Orvius is a useless melee because it can track enemies behind you in dual wielding mode(single pistol and glaive), if you do a perfect throw it will track an enemy behind you so far that it doesn't register on the camera, latch on, explode, and instantly kill you with self damage. please fix this, it's not fun to be killed by an explosive weapon because there was an enemy so far behind you that you can't even see them.

Yep, had this happen alot. I stop to charge a throw and have an enemy come up behind me and the disc tracks them, splat for both of us. It also really makes the tracking useless - you have no idea which target will move the closest to you, and as there's no angle limit centered on your aimpoint it's just as likely someone behind you will be selected as first target because they took one step closer while you were charging.

14 hours ago, Xyngrr said:

Yep, had this happen alot. I stop to charge a throw and have an enemy come up behind me and the disc tracks them, splat for both of us. It also really makes the tracking useless - you have no idea which target will move the closest to you, and as there's no angle limit centered on your aimpoint it's just as likely someone behind you will be selected as first target because they took one step closer while you were charging.

They don't even need to take a step closer to you, if you test it out in the simulacrum they can be so far behind you the camera even at the highest FOV can't even see them.