Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There should be more missions like that for retrieving Grendel

SquissySquiddy

Unlike normal missions where it's feel like 4 men doing a 1 man job, the missions to retrieve Grendel is challenging in a fun way.

It promote team work, communication and proper strategy. You cant just go in willy nilly and expect to survive. For example I ran with a Trinity and Mesa for the defense mission, my job was to manage my 4 and keep and eye out for nullifier, Trin provide energy and shield, Mesa killing the bursas and other enemies.

Warframe has and will probably continue to be a multiplayer focused game,  and more game modes or missions that promote such concept would be nice, a good example would be eidolons hunts and a harder mission that require proper coordination would be really fun.

what do you think ?

• Like 1

The Grendel missions were so annoying that to date I've only done the survival one and have no desire to do the other two. Given how wildly unpopular they are, DE should probably focus on different ways to generate challenging gameplay, rather than removing all effective counterplay against corpus cheese.

Also, content that can't be solo'd is very punishing for players who don't have good internet connections, so that's another issue.

• Like 8

The grendel mission were so immensly boring because all gear was just bad. Warframe is at its best when you can highly customize your builds to suit what you need. The grendel mission are the exact opposite of that. You're forcing someone to play trinity just so the others can do what they are there for, i'd rather just have good energy economy and have people play what they want.

Make the multiplayer focus with interesting mechanics and not "haha lol your gear sucks now".

• Like 4

OH GOD NO! 
We should never receive anything that even resembles Grendels grind ever again.

it is not a “fun challenge”. In fact calling it a “challenge” is an insult.

Its artificially created difficulty meant only to gimp the player. Warframes overall design does not lend itself to Skill = better performance. Sure there are instances of it here and there, but it’s not present in the overall design. It doesn’t matter how much you parkour around you can still get blindsided by a stray bullet.

And in the end of day the Grendel farm still boils down to finding the meta picks for it. Which completely defeats the intent of its design.

• Like 2

I went at the Grendel missions solo for about a week. Excav took a long time, but worked. I went and found a group to complete the remaining two. survival wasn't the issue, just having low LS drops or an instafail defence target and bursas mucked up the works.
The only teamplay it really encouraged was a group intent on bashing DE in as creative or profane terms we could come up with during the mission and for about half an hour afterwards.

I agree that teamplay does need a more integral role in much of the game. This was not a way to promote it, and should be burned in effigy.
As a point of fact, my Grendel is built and rotting in my foundry unclaimed. I want nothing to do with it, so good job on baptizing your hungry baby in... not water.

I still want to see the full saga of solo devs with no hax running all three, beginning to end. Failed runs can be edited to entry and failure screen, about 20 seconds. it would be interesting to see their facecam as they engage the 'challenge', and stats at the end.

• Like 1

Shouldnt have choosen the Grendel mission as example, my bad on that one. I just need an example for a mission that require proper teamwork with actual difficulty, Eidolons feel too easy even random squad scrapped together by bounty can do it.

My point is we need a hard mission that dont rely on cheesy mechanics but on teamwork instead

28 minutes ago, SquissySquiddy said:

Shouldnt have choosen the Grendel mission as example, my bad on that one. I just need an example for a mission that require proper teamwork with actual difficulty, Eidolons feel too easy even random squad scrapped together by bounty can do it.

My point is we need a hard mission that dont rely on cheesy mechanics but on teamwork instead

Please God no. Between Railjack, Eidolons, Orb Mother's, and Index we already have enough modes that are designed around multiplayer Co-op. Please just let me solo in peace. Solo railjack is sooooooooooo miserable to do...

You want Challenge? Good! I make you a challenge. OHKO and you cannot enter you account NEVERRRR MORE!

No, now seriously.

The missions of Grendel is challenging content, but it does not become fun, besides they are long and very tedious.

If they want to create challenging content, why haven't they put 200+ enemies and even conditions?, instead of this *piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii*; without mods, oh wait ... AND WITHOUT OPERATOR.

From my point, I would like to get challenging content, but that are fun to play, not like those missions that besides going without equipment to a defense that was the longest there is, you lost more than 1 hour, there without any reason .

And that is why I will NEVER NEVER AND NEVER do the missions of Grendel again

200.gif

Edited by Proffebolter

While i was looking forward to these missions, i was kinda disappointed.

They could have been a fun challenge, but the fact that DE decided to remove all our powers at the same time makes it annoying.

If the Devs had chosen to disable just a few select mechanics, these missions could have provided a new interesting way to play Warframe.

Just one example:

• Modding frames and weapons not allowed
  • operator disabled
  • Gear Wheel allowed

This change alone would allow some different strategies like spawning lots of specters to help you out (and this time you really need them) or restoring energy/ammo to cast your abilities more often and make at least some use of it while they are weaker. (in different missions the type of gear we can use might differ aswell)

Right now, our weapons dont kill anything, our abilities cant be cast most of the time because energy can be really limited sometimes and even when we are able to use them, they hardly do anything. Why not let us use at least some of our skills we have worked for and which are part of the reason why warframe can be an enjoyable game instead of disabling everything? And to add a little variation, the skill we can use in each mission varies, so in another mission we can't use the gear wheel but we can use our operator to either generate energy, cc or kill enemies or as a mobility tool.

Although this might never happen, i decided to wait until i play the Grendel Missions until they receive some changes ^^

Edited by DreisterDino

hace 8 horas, SquissySquiddy dijo:

My point is we need a hard mission that dont rely on cheesy mechanics but on teamwork instead.

I get, you want Warframe to stop beeing this braindead kinda game, but as you have watch, this community wants this game to have that kind of braindead gameplay, and DE is making sure that it won't change, why do you think they took out the raids?

19 hours ago, SquissySquiddy said:

Unlike normal missions where it's feel like 4 men doing a 1 man job, the missions to retrieve Grendel is challenging in a fun way.

It promote team work, communication and proper strategy. You cant just go in willy nilly and expect to survive. For example I ran with a Trinity and Mesa for the defense mission, my job was to manage my 4 and keep and eye out for nullifier, Trin provide energy and shield, Mesa killing the bursas and other enemies.

Warframe has and will probably continue to be a multiplayer focused game,  and more game modes or missions that promote such concept would be nice, a good example would be eidolons hunts and a harder mission that require proper coordination would be really fun.

what do you think ?

This issue here is....who needs team work and other people when you can use nidus and solo, like a normal mission... atleast thats what a lot of people did right?

Meh, Once it was fun but doing these kind of missions multiple times would become boring fast.

There aren't a lot of setups to try. Ppl would just use the same frames with the same weapons probably.

Having mods makes almost every frame useful and fun, except Mirage who just sucks no matter what.

Wait, you could do those missions in a team? 

... I solo'd them. They felt a lot like Conclave. I'm not good at conclave vs players. But bots with set paths, I can handle. Used Wisp, Vauban and Octavia. 

As all the others have said, just remove all of your mods. Kuva siphons are about comfort limit for no mods vs Grineer. 

I did enjoy those missions, it was the first time in years that I actually had to pay attention to what was going on, manage my energy, and so on. I wouldn't want everything in WF to be like that, I do enjoy the brainless slaughter, but it was a nice change of pace and I'd like to have more of that kind of thing to earn stuff like cosmetics or decorations or various other optional stuff like that.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb DOOMPATRIOT:

I get, you want Warframe to stop beeing this braindead kinda game, but as you have watch, this community wants this game to have that kind of braindead gameplay, and DE is making sure that it won't change, why do you think they took out the raids?

Raids were taken out because the community doing them was just big enough so DE had to spend time on attempting to fix them. That's why conclave is still in the game: not enough people complain about things being broken there. But as we all know the raid community wasnt big enough for DE to keep them in the game. dont worry they will return in 2035, I'm sure of it /s

• Like 1

On 2020-02-09 at 2:15 AM, SquissySquiddy said:

Thing is players want challenge but also don't want to be challenged 🤔
I mean, if something is challenging, players will find a way to cheese it or complain here if it they can't cheese it.
Think this is the dilemma DE is facing when creating content...one side of the community wants challenging content, the other wants something chill and casual. I honestly don't know how are they going to please both sides, there will always be one side that will be unhappy.