Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There should be more missions like that for retrieving Grendel

SquissySquiddy

21 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Raids were taken out because the community doing them was just big enough so DE had to spend time on attempting to fix them.

Um, surely they were taken out because the community doing them wasn't big enough for the DE to keep fixing them?

21 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

That's why conclave is still in the game: not enough people complain about things being broken there.

AFAIK Conclave is still in the game because like two people at DE are passionate about it and keep working on it.

Edited by SordidDreams

vor 9 Minuten schrieb SordidDreams:

Um, surely they were taken out because the community doing them wasn't big enough for the DE to keep fixing them?

If that was the case DE could have just left them in a broken state like conclave is now. The community was just big enough that DE felt the need to fix them (atleast attempt to), however with the tennocon revealing fortuna and railjack coming up they decided to focus on developing a tech demo instead and removed raids so they couldnt be bothered to fix them any longer. Fixing bugs in raids took time that DE rather spent on Railjack.

On 2020-02-08 at 9:08 AM, SquissySquiddy said:

Unlike normal missions where it's feel like 4 men doing a 1 man job, the missions to retrieve Grendel is challenging in a fun way.

It promote team work, communication and proper strategy. You cant just go in willy nilly and expect to survive. For example I ran with a Trinity and Mesa for the defense mission, my job was to manage my 4 and keep and eye out for nullifier, Trin provide energy and shield, Mesa killing the bursas and other enemies.

Warframe has and will probably continue to be a multiplayer focused game,  and more game modes or missions that promote such concept would be nice, a good example would be eidolons hunts and a harder mission that require proper coordination would be really fun.

what do you think ?

I enjoyed it a lot. It actually inspired me to start a "challenge run" mode made in the spirit of the Grendel missions that I run with a few others.

It's pretty basic right now with a basic kit we're trying to nail down (trying to figure out the balance) with:

• No mods
  • No gear
  • Stripped operators (also no operator)
  • A Mk1-Paris/Regular-Braton, Lato, and Skana.

It's pretty bare bones right now being trying to balance around Europa, Saturn, and Uranus. The idea is to eventually make "kits" that have different play styles that we can choose to be geared to be used around Pluto, Eris, and Sedna. We're planning for the kits to be lightly modded and different weapons to be selected between them. It's still REALLY early on but so far we're really enjoying it.

Learning to use mechanics that people either forgot or don't use and for them to actually have an application (like kick'n'stabs) really give a new feel for the game.

Easily cheesed with hildryn, fking annoying and unnecessary missions.
Make it a puzzle or a quest or anything that is interesting! It doesn't need to be "hard" because that term looses meaning the more you play - for more advanced players lv1 and lv200+ are the same. But it needs to be interesting and engaging, not just take all of you progress(mods etc) and go out of your way to cheese or find a party(to also cheese).

• Like 1

On 2020-02-09 at 1:28 PM, Drachnyn said:

Raids were taken out because the community doing them was just big enough so DE had to spend time on attempting to fix them. That's why conclave is still in the game: not enough people complain about things being broken there. But as we all know the raid community wasnt big enough for DE to keep them in the game. dont worry they will return in 2035, I'm sure of it /s

I knew someone would respond to the raid thing and ignor the other stuff.

Also It isn't as if I miss Raids, yes they were better than RJ or Kuva Skip System, but as a whole they weren't that interesting for me (yes I did them, the Jordas Veredict was really confusing), what I miss about them was the Teamwork Requirement, you weren't able to do them solo.

The point of that post was to look at the game as a whole to say that Warframe's core gameplay is a braindead one (like a chinese dress-ups mobile game) and the community loves that type of game, and DE is making sure It remains that type of game.

If Wyrmius is the hardest thing in Warframe, then you know there is something wrong...