Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that Ivara's Skathi Deluxe Skin has been released, have your thoughts changed since its initial debut?

BlindStalker

8 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Here's the original galaxy effect.  

1us62sQ.png

here's the effect after the change.

pKrwqwx.jpg

To stay on topic, here are my two colors with the deluxe skin.

UA0AG7i.png

457oeWg.png

This silver/gold one i like alot.  

Now for my default color loadout with deluxe helm.

PdyzLCK.jpg

You do know the effect only changes when your not using full ivara prime looks right

10 hours ago, (XB1)Lwyu said:

You do know the effect only changes when your not using full ivara prime looks right

Ivara Prime with full Prime looks

7InPapO.jpg

Ivara Prime using non-prime skin.

Y77O0C7.jpg

So, ummm what were you saying again?

edit: It does change when moving.  Becoming more like the non-prime clearer looking Prowl until you stop walking.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

On 2020-02-08 at 5:28 PM, DatDarkOne said:

@BlindStalker I only have a problem with the asymmetry of the deluxe skin.  Other than that I really like it.  Just not enough to use it over the Prime.  That said, I do use the deluxe Helmet with the Prime body.  This combo gives me a overall look that I'm quite happy with.  😀

I originally thought that the Skathi's asymmetrical look would drive me nuts as well, but surprisingly it ended up not bothering me at all. I'm quite okay with it. I haven't changed her colours yet because, I actually like the default colours on her.

On 2020-02-08 at 10:54 PM, Vox_Preliator said:

Wait, they removed that?  That was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to.  Dang.

Ivara Prime still has her visual starlight cloaking effect, it just fades whenever you move around now. There are display settings that can also affect the intensity of the starlight (video down below).

21 hours ago, seprent said:

good lord that offends my eyeballs something fierce im getting confused looking at it. it looks like stained glass you would see in a chapel window forced into a 3d shape

On 2020-02-08 at 4:05 PM, ArcKnight9202 said:

That said, I don't even use Prime Ivara over base Ivara because of that Science awful effect they put on Prowl.

20 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

But now that I think about it, I remember seeing another thread on reddit talking about how the prime prowl effect had become outright broken in some way and become tied in function to a "distortion" effect in graphics settings to appear properly or

What OvisCaedo says is true, as far as I have observed. Two settings that I've noticed in display settings seems to affect her visual starlight cloaking effect. 'Effects Intensity' and 'Distortions'.

- Increasing the 'effects intensity' (default: 100) will make the starlight cloaking effect more noticeable (200 is very noticeable). Conversely reducing your effects intensity will make Ivara Prime's visual cloaking effect barely visible (say 10 for example). If you walk around while invisible, the starlight effect will fade away even more.

- Turning on 'Distortions' will cause the visual starlight cloaking effect to look "glass-like". Turning it off will make her visual starlight cloaking effect return.

My video to demonstrate how visible you can make the starlight cloaking effect as example: (I am not sure if there is any other display setting that affects her cloaking effect besides these two).

On 2020-02-09 at 12:05 AM, DatDarkOne said:

To stay on topic, here are my two colors with the deluxe skin.

UA0AG7i.png

457oeWg.png

This silver/gold one i like alot.  

Now for my default color loadout with deluxe helm.

PdyzLCK.jpg

Ooh,elegant pretty huntresses ❤️ I like your Skathi helmet on Prime, she looks very fine. Similar feelings as well with your black on orange-gold Skathi look, very nice looks overall. 

Edited by BlindStalker

Just my opinion:

I really dislike ivara primes look, not alot changed compared to base ivara just gold and jellyfish bits tacked on. I really dislike the skathi skin as well.

Skathi is very busy to look at, I'd even say its excessively busy with alot of that almost metal texture gooped over a large portion of it making it difficult to color, its feels very out of place for me. I do appreciate the asymmetry.

The shape of skathi's helmet is good aside from the three cloth bits hanging in the back, the energy feathers also tend to get jumpy and move around even when I'm standing still which is another annoying bit.

I like to mix most skins around and the lack of usable prime bits as well as a busy deluxe that fits with about nothing doesn't leave me with alot to play with looks wise, just current tennogen and her default.

• I don't like metal textures taking up a majority of the skin
  • The skin is too busy visually, drawing my eye all over the place
  • cloth bits on the helm look bad and the feathers are always trying to escape my head
  • I can't mix the skin or helm with anything, ivaras prime skin being a bummer for me makes this worse

3/10, regret my purchase.

This skin is it’s own double-edged sword.

In and of itself, it is very nice.  But take the bow away and ask someone who the skin belongs to if they haven’t been told...It’s very “Masquerade’s Ball” and isn’t as Leo as many claim.  It makes it incredible versatile as a mix-and-match option.

Having said that,

The available Tennogen skins provide an awesome alternative artistic vision to Ivara while still maintaining thematic distinction...you KNOW it’s Ivara.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Lwyu said:

i was busy and this is late but uh...

told u so?

You said.  

On 2020-02-09 at 8:38 AM, (XB1)Lwyu said:

Which isn't the same as a toggle in the settings.  You might have meant that, but you didn't say that.  

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

You said.  

Which isn't the same as a toggle in the settings.  You might have meant that, but you didn't say that.  

Must be since I never messed with that toggle, either way I was correct, it changes if you switch frame skins and also if you have the option toggled. End of the day : your welcome.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)Lwyu said:

it changes if you switch frame skins

What?  I literally showed you screenshots with different skins and the effect stayed the same.  It was only changed when the Distortions toggle was disabled.  Which was independent of the skin used.  Even in the last picture I showed with the galaxy effect I was using the deluxe skin.  

The only other time the effect changes is while walking in which it will fade overall.  That's for all versions of Prowl regardless Prime, Regular, Distortion or not.

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

What?  I literally showed you screenshots with different skins and the effect stayed the same.  It was only changed when the Distortions toggle was disabled.  Which was independent of the skin used.  Even in the last picture I showed with the galaxy effect I was using the deluxe skin.  

The only other time the effect changes is while walking in which it will fade overall.  That's for all versions of Prowl regardless Prime, Regular, Distortion or not.

I had the option toggled, when I switch my frame skins the effect of invisibility is different. Ivara prime = Galaxy , Deluxe skin= a mirror type effect.

If you still dont get that, welp.

40 minutes ago, Razhius said:

Don't get me wrong,  I actually like the prime variant along with her visual effects,

But i must say, the deluxe skin feels like IT should have been her prime skin all along..

Thoughts?

I disagree. If you've seen other primes, you'll notice that each one are based on their regular version. The deluxe skin looks completely different from normal Ivara.

• Like 1

I had some intents on buying it since I was hoping for a cool skin with a name like Skathi. But it completely missed the mark for me. They really blew the chance of introducing something that actually looked like the norse godess or a bow wielding shield maiden. 

They should have gone with a chainmail looking armor with some cloth pieces, a typical norse eye-visor helmet face along with a real Lagertha "hair"-do. And slap a bunch of ornate norse dragons on it in the "solstice" pattern we have in-game. I would buy it in a heartbeat!

On 2020-02-17 at 12:22 PM, SneakyErvin said:

They should have gone with a chainmail looking armor with some cloth pieces, a typical norse eye-visor helmet face along with a real Lagertha "hair"-do. And slap a bunch of ornate norse dragons on it in the "solstice" pattern we have in-game. I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Honestly, that would be really cool, though, I do like her current deluxe skin too. That would be cool as another skin though.