Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
  • 0

A Good Frame to Use?


SeraphimZG
 Share

Question

I’m relatively new to the game, and to the forums. I was wondering what frame would suit for what I’m looking for, I’d like a Batman like frame which can potentially deal a lot of damage; also a frame that can be sneaky like it can disappear (smoke bombs would be cool too). I’m also wondering if I can get him/her just by only using Excalibur if no, what frames do you recommend to make it easy for me to get it. Any ideas? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I would recommend Ash, reasonably good area damage ability, high single target damage and a literal smoke bomb. Getting him is a bit tricky if you are new though since his parts drop from a grineer enemy called manic. They rarely show up in normal grineer survivals at medium star chart levels, when they do you will hear a crazed laughter. IIRC they can spawn on uranus survival. Once you make it to Lich content you could technically farm them there since lich survivals have a guaranteed manic spawn iirc, however those will be quite hard for a new player.

I would farm a few easier to get frames first to build up a better toolbox for yourself. Frames like Gara, Rhino, Nezha and Wukong can be acquired fairly early on and are very powerful if built correctly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I think you will find no one frame will do or have it all.  I have my tank-frames, my damage-frames,  super-speedy frames ....

If you just start completing the star chart and some quests, the game will give you a few frames along the way, quite a few.  But I looked thru the wiki and read up on some frames and bought Chroma Prime.  Still like her, and might be my favorite, but I also use Rhino, Hildryn, Frost, Excaliber, Mesa, Inaro,Nekros, and I'm buidling Equinox Prime right now.

Have other frames built, and just haven't gotten around to playing them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
17 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I would recommend Ash, reasonably good area damage ability, high single target damage and a literal smoke bomb. Getting him is a bit tricky if you are new though since his parts drop from a grineer enemy called manic. They rarely show up in normal grineer survivals at medium star chart levels, when they do you will hear a crazed laughter. IIRC they can spawn on uranus survival. Once you make it to Lich content you could technically farm them there since lich survivals have a guaranteed manic spawn iirc, however those will be quite hard for a new player.

I would farm a few easier to get frames first to build up a better toolbox for yourself. Frames like Gara, Rhino, Nezha and Wukong can be acquired fairly early on and are very powerful if built correctly.

I got Gara, know where to get her parts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

don't forget that if you don't have the right mods then it won't matter which wf you use. 

if you do have the right mods..... then it won't matter which wf you use just the same

i've helped a lot of people get frames they were recommended  and then watch them flop around like a magikarp because their mods basically suck 😞 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2020-02-09 at 2:02 AM, Drachnyn said:

I would recommend Ash, reasonably good area damage ability, high single target damage and a literal smoke bomb. Getting him is a bit tricky if you are new though since his parts drop from a grineer enemy called manic. They rarely show up in normal grineer survivals at medium star chart levels, when they do you will hear a crazed laughter. IIRC they can spawn on uranus survival. Once you make it to Lich content you could technically farm them there since lich survivals have a guaranteed manic spawn iirc, however those will be quite hard for a new player.

I would farm a few easier to get frames first to build up a better toolbox for yourself. Frames like Gara, Rhino, Nezha and Wukong can be acquired fairly early on and are very powerful if built correctly.

Ivara, he can use Earth's Spy to farm her as its easy and three perfect data extractions yield a chance at her. I got awarded both Systems and Chassis there in about six runs helping newbies. Ironically, whilst I mastered her; I was playing my Ivara Prime as she's my main stealth frame for those sorts of missions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2020-02-09 at 1:47 AM, SeraphimZG said:

I’m relatively new to the game, and to the forums. I was wondering what frame would suit for what I’m looking for, I’d like a Batman like frame which can potentially deal a lot of damage; also a frame that can be sneaky like it can disappear (smoke bombs would be cool too). I’m also wondering if I can get him/her just by only using Excalibur if no, what frames do you recommend to make it easy for me to get it. Any ideas? 

Ivara the Huntress has a Batman theme in that with high energy she prowls the night, invisible to take down her prey. Earth, Mercury and Mars all have Spy missions. Earth's is easiest. If you extract the data without triggering alarms for each; then you have a chance to earn her blueprints (BP). Just needs the mods for the job and she'll do you proud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

Earth, Mercury and Mars all have Spy missions [...] then you have a chance to earn her blueprints

Not all Spy missions drop all parts.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ivara

Spoiler

 

Difficulty Component Planet Node Level Faction Tileset
Easy
Levels 1-15
Systems
Systems (9.09%)
Earth Cambria 2-4 IconGrineerB Grineer Forest
Venus Unda 4-6 IconCorpusB Corpus Outpost
Mercury Suisei 8-10 IconGrineerB Grineer Galleon
Mars Arval 9-11 IconGrineerB Grineer Settlement
Phobos Shklovsky 11-13 IconCorpusB Corpus Ship
           
Medium
Levels 16-25
Chassis
Chassis (5.64%)
Ceres Bode 12-14 IconGrineerB Grineer Shipyard
Jupiter Amalthea 17-19 IconCorpusB Corpus Gas City
Europa Valac 18-20 IconGrineerB+IconCorpusB Corpus Ship
Saturn Dione 21-23 IconGrineerB Grineer Asteroid
Lua (7.37%) Pavlov 25-30 IconGrineerB+IconCorpusB Orokin Moon
           
Hard
Levels 26+
Helmet
Neuroptics (7.52%)
+
Blueprint2
Blueprint (7.52%)
Uranus Rosalind 27-29 IconGrineerB Grineer Sealab
Neptune Nereid 30-32 IconCorpusB Corpus Ice Planet
Pluto Oceanum 32-36 IconCorpusB Corpus Outpost
Sedna Kappa 34-38 IconGrineerB Grineer Galleon

 

 

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

If you can get her.  Wisp.  She can do anything and while Ivara is great and I do love her.  Wisp can do all mission types.  

Even though Ivara has a mod that allows you to go through lasers.  Wisp can do that with her 2 without a mod.  So you can keep mod capacity.   Even a poorly modded Wisp is better than many frames out there and you will also be always welcome on a team.

Alternatives.  I'm choosing based of success rates. Not really my personal preference.

I dont have Rhino.  But my friend swears by him.  He's tanky and strong.

Saryn (Although she's not my cup of tea.  But effective)

Personal preference

Garuda and Khora.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2020-02-11 at 1:16 PM, Hexsing said:

If you can get her.  Wisp.  She can do anything and while Ivara is great and I do love her.  Wisp can do all mission types.  

Even though Ivara has a mod that allows you to go through lasers.  Wisp can do that with her 2 without a mod.  So you can keep mod capacity.   Even a poorly modded Wisp is better than many frames out there and you will also be always welcome on a team.

Alternatives.  I'm choosing based of success rates. Not really my personal preference.

I dont have Rhino.  But my friend swears by him.  He's tanky and strong.

Saryn (Although she's not my cup of tea.  But effective)

Personal preference

Garuda and Khora.

 

 

 

Khora is my main girl but our OP is having troubles before getting to her. Very efficient at most every mission is Khora but let's get our OP to her first 😋

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
56 minutes ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

Khora is my main girl but our OP is having troubles before getting to her. Very efficient at most every mission is Khora but let's get our OP to her first 😋

I'm not sure if the OP wants to spend real money.  I don't want to rule that out.  If they do.  Then Wisp and Khora would be great options.

But if we are going for freebies and foundry frames you can get a lot of milage out of Oberon.  Which the game basically throws at you. 

Gara is also an option as she comes along early. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Since you're new to the game here are some frames that are a must have.

FOR YOUR BATMAN Experience.

Ash - just pretend that his shurikens are batarangs and his 2 is batmans smoke bomb. 

Frames that help in farming:

Nekros - pretty much the easiest to get early on. 

Hydroid - Good for camping and farming in survivals with his augments.

Khora - A better hydroid with her augment but she is harder to get as the Normal Sanctuary onslaught is the only place you can get her.

Tank Frames:

Rhino - Beginner friendly farm but the weakest in endurance runs.

Inaros - Same as rhino but not as fun because his kit is boring.

Revenant - Mesmer Skin enough said

Nidus - The Immortal stack builder, you'll forget that X to revive was a thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
14 hours ago, MadMattPrime said:

Since you're new to the game here are some frames that are a must have.

FOR YOUR BATMAN Experience.

Ash - just pretend that his shurikens are batarangs and his 2 is batmans smoke bomb. 

Frames that help in farming:

Nekros - pretty much the easiest to get early on. 

Hydroid - Good for camping and farming in survivals with his augments.

Khora - A better hydroid with her augment but she is harder to get as the Normal Sanctuary onslaught is the only place you can get her.

Tank Frames:

Rhino - Beginner friendly farm but the weakest in endurance runs.

Inaros - Same as rhino but not as fun because his kit is boring.

Revenant - Mesmer Skin enough said

Nidus - The Immortal stack builder, you'll forget that X to revive was a thing.

That bit about Nidus has me chuckling too hehehe, its spot-on but thank you it made me chuckle too 😋

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I'd say just get the upgrade of excal, Umbra. Then get vauban if you really want to be batman. Umbra can be claimed at the the end of the sacrifice quest. Vauban is in night wave. If neither of those work, get ash. They have the least rng involved so that's what I recommend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...