Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove 1 minute build times

SPplayer76

To be honest, warframe's servers are about as stable as a tower made of spaghetti noodles in a sauna. The one minute build timers are probably to keep people with tons of resources from spamming builds because if enough people do it at once it could have an effect similar to a ddos attack and have the server unable to keep up. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SPplayer76 said:

They serve no real purpose, they arn't long enough for people to think about rushing, they arn't long enough to be any sort of meaningful time gate. It's just annoying. Please make 1 minute build times become instant.

Everything we don't have instantly is annoying.
24 hours is annoying.. 72 hours is annoying.. RNG is annoying..

There may be a purpose to the wait.

11 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Everything we don't have instantly is annoying.
24 hours is annoying.. 72 hours is annoying.. RNG is annoying..

uh, well, i mean, yes there is. Avarice. I mean. I don't fault them for it specifically but this game is filled to bursting with timers on top of timers on top of timers. acquiring the blueprint to make something is a timer because it's rng. Acquiring the resources to build the item is a timer. building the components is a timer, building the end product is a timer, timer timer timer. 

The purpose you speak of is to manipulate the player into just simply directly buying the thing they want instead of having to wait and wait and wait and wait..... And DE makes a profound amount of money off of it, they've probably made more money off it than most AAA games make on major releases not that they'll admit it.

That said, truth is several countries are actively looking into banning the type of monetization that DE uses so it's in their interest to start looking for other means to monetize sooner rather than later. The timer lootbox system in place is a primary target for regulation and it does favor DE to change it's direction before it's literally forced to because they're facing imediate action or having their product banned. As both Bethesda and Blizzardvision have recently discovered, just because your headquarters aren't in a specific country does not keep that country's laws from applying to you if you unless you want the government of that country to close that market to you entirely. A ban on free to play games using loot boxes and timers to drive sales is coming and it really is for the best that DE deal with that before the absolute last minute. 

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

just because your headquarters aren't in a specific country does not keep that country's laws from applying to you if you unless you want the government of that country to close that market to you entirely.

This is why I think they've changed tach on endurance runs. Not gonna get into it here, but suffice to say, "a very large market," has changed laws regarding how long people should be playing games each day..

21 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

To be honest, warframe's servers are about as stable as a tower made of spaghetti noodles in a sauna. The one minute build timers are probably to keep people with tons of resources from spamming builds because if enough people do it at once it could have an effect similar to a ddos attack and have the server unable to keep up. 

Then increase the time to 1 hour and multiply the given consumable by 60. People have only been asking for a 100x and 1000x consumables crafting blueprint for years.

While I agree a minute wait time is annoying there is a bit of feedback in having to wait to build something. Although I would wish you could choose how much you build. That way when I build 30 Esher Devar its once and wait 3 minutes rather than; build 10, wait a minute, build 10, wait a minute, build 10.

On 2020-02-09 at 6:53 AM, kapn655321 said:

There "may" be a purpose to just about anything. Yesterday I saw a cloud which looked like a middle finger. There may be a purpose to that... But I rather doubt it.

On 2020-02-10 at 4:45 AM, Voltage said:

Then increase the time to 1 hour and multiply the given consumable by 60. People have only been asking for a 100x and 1000x consumables crafting blueprint for years.

Honestly, that right there would be a more elegant solution anyway. For stuff this would apply to, we tend to use them in large quantities anyway. An even better solution might be to create arbitrary-stack blueprints - that is to say, a blueprint where WE can specify how many of a thing we want to build. And you know what? Obviously that would cost the combined cost of all items I'm crafting, and I'd be perfectly fine if it took the combined time of all the items, too. Maybe I want 1000 Ciphers? Cool, have it cost 1000 minutes. That's something like 16-17 hours. It's within the scope of other unnecessarily long crafting times, but it ought to give me enough of those things to not have to worry about them for a while.

• Like 1

I've had problems with building mining resources and server stability before, I'd like to just have the ability to build 1x, 3x, 5x, and 10x of whatever it is for the same build time so I don't have to overload the server once a minute clicking rebuild on 10 different resource types. And it should be some kind of scroll up/down thing rather than seperate blueprints, no time saved just less stress on the servers.

Ive been playing for many years now and im still just asking myself why i cant just queue up builds. Literally every mmo out there has a build queue for crafting consumables where you just craft one after another as a progress bar fills and resets. Letting us queue up builds lets you fine tune how many you want to make which is a good thing when you have random numbers of resources dropping

I'm sure DE has all kinds of measures and metrics indicating engagement with and activities in the game. I wonder if those metrics include something like "Interactions with X" where "X" could be the Foundry, the Mod Station, etc. So to keep those numbers high, they make you return to it all the time to start builds. 

On 2020-02-09 at 5:26 AM, SPplayer76 said:

They serve no real purpose, they arn't long enough for people to think about rushing, they arn't long enough to be any sort of meaningful time gate. It's just annoying. Please make 1 minute build times become instant.

though i agree with you completely in the uselessness for us, i think it's more for DEs benefit of keeping us online while producing certain amounts of things like idiots... i think it would be better if they change this to build 5 or 10 of those stuff at once and just increase the build time for it accordingly (5 or 10 min). ofc, there are some exceptions to this too which should stay 'build 1 of...' though the silly one minute sure is unnecessary with those.

On 2020-02-11 at 5:02 PM, Ham_Grenabe said:

I halfway think they're in the game so you'll click on it like a second too early, in the hopes that you'll just confirm the rush without thinking. 

Cynical? Why yes. 

i thought so too when i started the game a long time ago and therefore had many things to build that required only this damn one minute... and ofc, it did happened then that i accidently clicked the damn things too fast and rushed them therefore - keep in mind, that was before there was a warning popup about platinium spending. i then complained about this procedure and got the lost platinum back. a while after this (well, a year maybe ^^) the put the warning in to prevent this for most cases but the insomniacs that still click on everything poping up.

so no, i don't think it's to rip off the players but more to keep us online... even though this could be circumvented easy enough with scripts running while the player goes for dinner or such.

50 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

though i agree with you completely in the uselessness for us, i think it's more for DEs benefit of keeping us online while producing certain amounts of things like idiots... i think it would be better if they change this to build 5 or 10 of those stuff at once and just increase the build time for it accordingly (5 or 10 min). ofc, there are some exceptions to this too which should stay 'build 1 of...' though the silly one minute sure is unnecessary with those.

i thought so too when i started the game a long time ago and therefore had many things to build that required only this damn one minute... and ofc, it did happened then that i accidently clicked the damn things too fast and rushed them therefore - keep in mind, that was before there was a warning popup about platinium spending. i then complained about this procedure and got the lost platinum back. a while after this (well, a year maybe ^^) the put the warning in to prevent this for most cases but the insomniacs that still click on everything poping up.

so no, i don't think it's to rip off the players but more to keep us online... even though this could be circumvented easy enough with scripts running while the player goes for dinner or such.

I'm kind of shocked that you think that the amount of people that could be rushing 1 minute build times is somehow keeping the lights on. I would love to see that statistic.

On 2020-02-17 at 8:09 PM, SPplayer76 said:

I'm kind of shocked that you think that the amount of people that could be rushing 1 minute build times is somehow keeping the lights on. I would love to see that statistic.

DE could give you this infos... what i meant was that there are some items that we would still want to build in a quantity of '1' instead of 10 - not because the time involved but rather because we likely only need it once in a while (or at all).

as for people who are rushing a one-minute-build, i guess most are accidentals (or those "click-on-anything-that-spells-ok" dudes...). but ofc, there are still those who just don't care about spend platinum - take those who pay 300k++ plat on a mod like primed chamber for an example... if this really happened, that is.