Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Larvlings need "hold to kill Larvling"

(PSN)OmegaSlayer

Yesterday I was running Adaro to spawn a Larvling with Kuva Bramma (the only Lich weapon I still miss)

I did the same 2 days ago...countless runs to have the Larvling with a Bramma but nothing...but that's not the point

The point is that I spawned the Kuva Lich unintentionally

I was playing with Volt (need Electric Ephemera too), using the shield + Kuva Nukor mostly

I had just downed a Larvling and it had the Shildeg, meanwhile a Drahk Master picked up my Nukor, so when I fired I shot with the Primary and dropped the shield, I picked the shield again, and even though the downed Larvling was in the opposite direction I was facing and off-screen, I killed the Larvling instead of picking up the shield

It was maybe more than the 25th time in a row I played Adaro to have a Bramma Larvling (plus the times of the previous day), I skipped 2 Chakkhur, 3 Nukor, 3 Kohm, 2 Ayunga that I would have picked up to boost the stats of my current ones, but I wanted the Bramma...unintenionally I got a Shildeg...not even with an Ephemera

That was depressing, really

With the "hold x button" to spawn Lich, that wouldn't have happened

Mind you, if you play on a pad, you could even mess up by reloading your weapon, as it is the same button to kill the Larvling

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I suppose the "banish your lich" thing they talked about would be a good idea even with the weapon being displayed. I can see why you want hold to confirm in this case.

I understand why DE doesn't want to use that mechanics, and overall I agree with that decision, because it would be too convenient but simply "hold to spawn" like "hold to refine" would definitely help

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Onkulyst:

Sorry to say this but.

This is just a error from the player side. Be more careful next time, this is not something the devs should solve by putting in another ' hold to confirm ' mechanic.

Except until now the game trained people to stab larvlings as soon as possible since it you couldnt see the weapon and the larvling expired at some point. DE trained up a muscle memory that's now coming back around to bite people.

• Like 5

I'm sure i'll still make "a error that is very very rare and doesn't happen for 99% times" for hundred more times even with hold to spawn feature, just make liches only spawn on mission completion, rather than on kill.

Edited by Test-995
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Test-995 said:

I'm sure i'll still make "a error that is very very rare and doesn't happen for 99% times" for hundred more times even with hold to spawn feature, just make liches only spawn on mission completion, rather than on kill.

So basically, you can quit the mission if you accidentally stab it?

It would still be better than what we have now, honestly, I wouldn't mind

6 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

So basically, you can quit the mission if you accidentally stab it?

It would still be better than what we have now, honestly, I wouldn't mind

Yes, then you can keep doing your things like nothing happened.

And it wouldn't be a big harm, you only lose one or two minutes for each liches that lasts hours.

13 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Yes, then you can keep doing your things like nothing happened.

And it wouldn't be a big harm, you only lose one or two minutes for each liches that lasts hours.

And then we'll have people complaining about losing their stuff because they "accidentally" killed a larvling so they're forced to abort mission? 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

And then we'll have people complaining about losing their stuff because they "accidentally" killed a larvling so they're forced to abort mission? 😂

Honestly, a three second hold would be better, but if you have a better idea than those two you're welcome to tell us

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot
  • Like 1

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Honestly, a three second hold would be better, but if you have a better idea than those two you're welcome to tell us

I was just implying that no matter what you do, there will always be people complaining for doing something wrong. 🙄
I sort of agree to the hold function although I hate any "hold" on stuff but I understand the case of OP here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yxivi said:

I was just implying that no matter what you do, there will always be people complaining for doing something wrong. 🙄
(snip)

Exactly! When simply killing the larva gave you a lich there were tons of topics here and elsewhere claiming that the larvling should be just exactly like a thrall: down it, press x to finish it. People saying that it was all that was needed.

Well... would you look at it now!

nothing is idiot-proof, and mistakes happen. that's all there is to it. even OP admits reloading near the Larvling would trigger it even if it was a hold button. so the moral of the story is:

wait.

take a step back and wait until the Larvling disappears, and have a look to see the weapon Icon above it's head each time you down one of them. I knw we used to just rush in and melee them to death, but that's not how it works now, so train yourself to stop doing it! anyway, you can still convert it for an extra helper/trade/crew member when Railjack Command Intrinsic arrives.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

[...] so train yourself to stop doing it

Sadly expectations are usually far from the truth, I explained exactly what happened to me (& other replied having the same issue) in the feedback section

Telling us to wait won't remove our muscle memory from our brain. We stab hundreds of thralls while hunting our Lich, larvlings are no different

• Like 2

No thanks. They already made an idiot-proof way of getting Liches. I don't want to stand there like an idiot if i can stab it immediately after confirming it has what i want. What i see here is simply user error and people that can't accept they made a mistake and are trying to find excuses to justify themselves, like those that activate the second Excavators during fissures then complain they didn't get all reactants to unlock their relic.

You know when it wouldn't have happened? If you did the same thing as the other 24 times in a row, plus the i can guess 10 from the previous day, you did that mission. And you can respawn shields when you want to, literally zero reasons to pick one up when you know you're near a larvling. This is like throwing a banana peel near a nuclear launch button and falling on it.

And this Shildeg lich you should own a favor too, Innate Electricity is only good on a few weapons and the Bramma isn't one of them. If you actually got it then you would have activate the Duplicate Prevention system that could have forced you to make another lich to get another Bramma.

16 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Sadly expectations are usually far from the truth, I explained exactly what happened to me (& other replied having the same issue) in the feedback section

Telling us to wait won't remove our muscle memory from our brain. We stab hundreds of thralls while hunting our Lich, larvlings are no different

No, just no. You either learn from your mistake or you are doomed to repeat them. Let's not make the system worse for everyone just because a few of you are too lazy to unlearn bad habits.

16 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

i know human brain likes its shortcuts when doing things but that one just seems more unwilling to think for a moment because the mind likes patterns their easy to understand and move though most of the time the brain is really good at picking up the start of a pattern it already knows via comparison. Try this: the next time you go to wherever you go to get a larvling tell yourself mentally or vocally you're here to see what it would give you as the brain likes to be rewarded for its effort so having to visually confirm its something you want helps curb the knee jerk reaction to stab it when you see it repeat that a few times and eventually the habit will form to look and confirm before you stab it.

16 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

You can't say it's from muscle memory. It's not like you go into a kuva survival and use every life support that pops up. You LEARN to leave it alone.

There's no difference between thralls & larvlings when they're downed. I see the parazon icon & I hear the sound, my brain automatically tells me to press use. It is muscle memory

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

No, just no. You either learn from your mistake or you are doomed to repeat them. Let's not make the system worse for everyone just because a few of you are too lazy to unlearn bad habits.

Unlearning something that has been out since October 31st has nothing to do with laziness, plus, I don't see how having to hold the button for 3 seconds makes the whole system worse

21 minutes ago, seprent said:

i know human brain likes its shortcuts when doing things but that one just seems more unwilling to think for a moment because the mind likes patterns their easy to understand and move though most of the time the brain is really good at picking up the start of a pattern it already knows via comparison. Try this: the next time you go to wherever you go to get a larvling tell yourself mentally or vocally you're here to see what it would give you as the brain likes to be rewarded for its effort so having to visually confirm its something you want helps curb the knee jerk reaction to stab it when you see it repeat that a few times and eventually the habit will form to look and confirm before you stab it.

Like I said on my feedback topic, I got some severe ADHD, & when I get distracted (which is pretty often to say the least) I basically work on autopilot. The first time it happened, I actually noticed that I stabbed it when the animation was already finished, I don't even remember the transmission saying that it had spawned