Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

kuva weapon rng needs improvement

(PSN)willitical

me and a freind tryd to get a specific kuva weapon for 2 days, both or us running the missions, probably 200 trys for both of us, this is now the worst part of the lich system, And it would get soo much worse by adding more weapons, but i think i have the answer. 

killing a larvling with a rifle would grant a slight drop chance boost for a rifle, maybe 10 or 20% which could always be adjusted, that would still require grind to get specific weapons but hopefully would make it feesable to do it without pulling your hair out. another idea i had was to allow several larvlings to spawn in missions, maybe say up to 5 larvlings per mission, but they should come pretty fast so once u pass on a larvling and it dies then another will spawn almost immediately after that. 

if they impingement both of these ideas then i think as a whole the lich system will be way more enjoyable, i am absolutely loving it, just want the flow of getting weapons to be smoother 

I decided that I wanted a Kuva Kohm today, to upgrade the one I have, but I haven't had any luck. Bouncing between Adara, Cassini, and Telesto I did get about 4500 Kuva, but no Kohms. This cycle, they really want me to want a Kraken, the Ogris, or the Tonkor. 

On the other hand, it could be worse. We know this for a fact. 

Edit: Kohm appeared finally. I have no accurate idea how many tries, but based on the Kuva I amassed, between 40-50. Sheesh.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Would be nice to have a mechanic where a player is not offered a Kuva weapon they have previously declined to make the stab for.

Such mechanic to reset upon creation of a Lich, of course -- or if the player has declined all existing Kuva weapons, obviously.

We have a thread on this exact issue over in the weapons section. I'm going to point this one out here too.

I legitimately spent over 4 hours solid running an equinox slash spam build to nuke the level while running the exterm mission on Sat. 4 bloody hours of RNG to get literally one of two weapons I didn't already have. That is bloody ridiculous in the worst of ways.

This could be diffused by doing one particular thing. Just like with void keys and relics, divide weapon classes into level ranges. Do something like have secondaries and melee spawn up to lvl 30 and beyond that have primaries and the heavy weapon spawn. Cuts down the RNG while still allowing potential access to what it is you're looking for. That way you won't be bothered with that 300th roll on a Kuva Seer when all you want at that point is (insert Kuva weapon here).