Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual wielding single hand swords and pistols

K555

Alright i get what y'all are thinking "that sounds good but how would it work with the stances?" Yea i thought that too which also made me thinking, seperate stances for dual wielding? Don't get me wrong sword stances are nice but the only one that feels decent is iron phoenix because we'll its the only one thats fast attacking while the others *stares at vengeful revenant* are pretty slow making the better stance an obvious pick, swords themselves after they rework are nice, i got a 8 forma umbral prisma skana and man it one taps up to level 120 or so while still being an amazing stat stick for khora, back to the topic at hand, swords yes they are indeed good but still rarely used compared to polearms/heavyblade/nikana since theyre not strong enough to compare to the wide range those have so ive been thinking giving them the dual wielding ability with seperate stances would make them useable and feel very nice to use since at the moment they feel pretty clunky

PS. Buff glavies, war fans because yea come on they're garbage now and fix dagger stances having a hard time hitting due to the excessive lunging they got

I dont expect a lot to agree with this since there is other things DE should focus on which before you go commenting saying there's better stuff just keep in mind i have only the intention of hoping this gets added after the much needed fixes and after new war since so many are so eager for it

Edited by K555

7 hours ago, K555 said:

Let me hope lmao

So I actually had another reply but it got ate apparently. 

Maybe im misunderstanding exactly what you want. 

You do know they're already working on a gun and blade system for one hand melee and sidearm similar to how the existing glaive system works, right? They are designing it to let you insert gunfire in the middle of combos then resume where you left off,  so im not sure what specifically you're asking them to do different than their existing plans. 

I mean, other than to actually do something. De doesn't have much in the way of... attention span... or object permanence...

13 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

So I actually had another reply but it got ate apparently. 

Maybe im misunderstanding exactly what you want. 

You do know they're already working on a gun and blade system for one hand melee and sidearm similar to how the existing glaive system works, right? They are designing it to let you insert gunfire in the middle of combos then resume where you left off,  so im not sure what specifically you're asking them to do different than their existing plans. 

I mean, other than to actually do something. De doesn't have much in the way of... attention span... or object permanence...

Well single handed swords are overshadowed by a lot of other things which is making me think a dual wielding system for single handed swords would breathe some life into them since the only time theyre ever used is by new players or stat sticks, just think a bit of love for them would be good and this is the perfect way to do so.....unless a reverse grip stance comes out than im good with that since it would be badass

Being honest one hand swords are for the most part good now..... I kinda hate to say it but just about all melee is equally good and it just depends on what you feel like using... unfortunately it overshadows all other weapons now. 

I almost exclusively use my fang prime just because of it's max riven disposition and i currently have nine meters of range on a pair of freaking daggers which is hilarious. *base range plus primed reach plus spring loaded blade plus the riven in total gives me more range than you can get on most polearms even before the melee 2.9 rework)

But i also use the broken war, prisma skana, dakra prime, honestly i have more melee weapons than anything else and i kinda just switch things out when i get bored of one weapon...

1 hour ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Being honest one hand swords are for the most part good now..... I kinda hate to say it but just about all melee is equally good and it just depends on what you feel like using... unfortunately it overshadows all other weapons now. 

I almost exclusively use my fang prime just because of it's max riven disposition and i currently have nine meters of range on a pair of freaking daggers which is hilarious. *base range plus primed reach plus spring loaded blade plus the riven in total gives me more range than you can get on most polearms even before the melee 2.9 rework)

But i also use the broken war, prisma skana, dakra prime, honestly i have more melee weapons than anything else and i kinda just switch things out when i get bored of one weapon...

Not all are equal, glavies are especially weak now or well orvius is(220 hits with corrosive crit build on a heavy gunner with barely 1/10 health gone) and claws feel really....restricted to only hybrid builds otherwise they just feel really lack luster compared to other melees

23 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

You gotta define "working on" here because im pretty sure no one is actively working on it. They did if for throwing weapons and then got busy with other stuff and now i think its the typical "there are no plans to pursue this further".

5 hours ago, Skaleek said:

You gotta define "working on" here because im pretty sure no one is actively working on it. They did if for throwing weapons and then got busy with other stuff and now i think its the typical "there are no plans to pursue this further".

Meh. Do not know. The glaive was done a long time ago but as of their investments in melee 3.0 they said they're still working on it. Probably with them doing their "limit break" to finish their melee 2.9 rework they may be adding that mechanic with the limit breaks instead of putting out yet another half finished mechanic... If you have to create a "half way" mechanic in order to be a place holder for a final mechanic where in the final mechanic works differently, the placeholder just becomes a waste of time and resources.

I figure it is coming soon... By soon you know what I mean.

1GcPPeN.jpg