Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lagging but Ping is Low

Vlyt1020

Question

Once upon a time i was playing warframe like anyone else do, grinding like a dumb boy. But one day i got disconnected and when i joined a game it was lagging like crazy but my ping is only 30-40ms why is this. I have tried restarting my Network, my computer. It's not about fps obviously, im not that dumb. Can someone give me a fix guide? ty

4 answers to this question

presumably, it was just an atypically poor Host.

your Latency from A to B essentially only tells you how far away you probably are from B, and not any more than that. spikes in Latency can tell something, but it doesn't have to spike for the Packets that are carrying the actual information to encounter problems getting from A to B and B to A.

now, if you're talking that every Host you play with is the same way, then that would be a totally different matter, and i would start by comparing to performance of loading various Web Domains, as well as consistency of it. have to start with trying to determine if it's just Warframe that's expressing the symptoms or more than just that.

I already compare my performance to another game and its fine, normal, i can play just fine i compared it to csgo and tf2. I did a speed test on speedtest.net, the results is fine and as normal as always. Its only in warframe when i join anyone and the game become lagging, even when im playing with my friends which is quite close to me irl and its lagging like crazy, my friends says im the only one lagging. So is it my computer the problem? or the network?

It can be lost packets, or a player with a computer that can't handle the game. 

I've been in a match or two where one of the players had their CPU max out. The host's machine focused on bombarding the CPU impaired machine with the coordinates of all enemies and their direction over and over. To the detriment of everyone else. Everyone's pings jumped from their usual 70-130 to 1500-5000. Everything was teleporting around. Was that what you experienced?